I'd try the ones Fondle suggested.
bref7, and see if they make a difference. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I actually took 7's out. Go figure. Man my whole life I've been told dif about ngk. Even the turbo company told me that.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

NGK is one of the best IMO. not sure if they still do, but when I was at GM, the ACdelco plugs (OE) were made by NGK. They were OE on Caddys, c6Z06 etc.

I would try to do some research (contact previous owner) to find out the combo, or tear it apart and see whats inside.

otherwise I would take your car to a competetive track event (dont race) and find the tech crew and ask about paying to use one of their testing devices that can determice CI and compression. I forget what the tool is called. It would probably only be at a professional sanctioned race. Not sure if they would let you use it, but its worth a shot.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

They actually have a tool that can determine your displacement without tearing it apart? I want one! Just got the call from the tuner. Said he changed the plugs and runs great now. Still only 500 at the wheels. But it is only a million degrees outside today. Gonna pick it up in the morning and see how it compares.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkers
They actually have a tool that can determine your displacement without tearing it apart? I want one! Just got the call from the tuner. Said he changed the plugs and runs great now. Still only 500 at the wheels. But it is only a million degrees outside today. Gonna pick it up in the morning and see how it compares.
haha yeah but they are thousands of dollars. Thats why only a sactioning body tech crew might have one. I doubt they would let you use it, but its worth a shot asking if you know some people
Old 07-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

Well I picked up my car yesterday and wow! That thing flat out gets it now! So I would say my original dyno was a waste of money. But damn you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Its like a 2 stroke dirt bike now. He got 504 at the wheels in 108° temps. Said iat was at 150 and thats all he wanted to push it.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Hell my car is pretty built and only makes 600 wheel at 6 psi
Old 07-02-2012, 07:21 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkers
Well I picked up my car yesterday and wow! That thing flat out gets it now! So I would say my original dyno was a waste of money. But damn you couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Its like a 2 stroke dirt bike now. He got 504 at the wheels in 108° temps. Said iat was at 150 and thats all he wanted to push it.
Good to hear that it drives well. Get those IAT's down, and the power will continue to rise. Do yourself a favor though and find out the full details of your motor before you do anything else. Find out what heads and cam you have, what compression ratio you're at and if you're on the stock shortblock or not.

Congrats again.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

Ya I think the not knowing is the worst part. Especially for a car guy. My next investment will be a good set of tires, gonna def need em. After that should be good for a bit.

Quick Reply: $8000 for 4 hp???