Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

how much boost with no tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by devic

and im kinda wanting the turbo to just be on demand kinda not in use all the time

That's pretty much how mine is...

Its a turbo on demand... when I demand it... I just push the gas. Otherwise it pretty much stays off. Pretty much...
Old 08-09-2012, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can run as much as you want..will it last? Not likely...

Even go mail order tune..they are very reasonable
Old 01-23-2013, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

turbo on demand? althoguh im not encouraging it but i fyou had a cutout and had it actuated to blow out when open and then go in the turbo when closed.... you theoritically could "do it" but you would have some NASTY boost leak that would be murdous to tune if at all possible, you would be running the turbo inefficiently and possible prematurly kill it mostly because you plan on running really low boost on stock tuning.

im not sure if you have already set you car up, but either go fully turbo, or just get a heads and cam and call it a day. Unless you want a super expensive variable nosal or variable AR housing turbos, your not gonna get the desired effect that you might be looking for.

as for tuning, one of them said it right, you "can" get away without tuning on super low boost like 4psi and under with fuel upgrades like bigger injectors and a fuel pump and a return FPR with boost referencing (which you need anyway), but your just wasting fuel and handicapping your build with the possiblility of detonation if a fuel pressure drop or a really hot day came about. Get a mail in tune to at least get your timing and fuel near boost needs so you can at least putt it around town without blowing the motor on stock timing.

Quick Reply: how much boost with no tune ?