Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

lq4 s10 + twin 70's

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ground down the v band off the s475 because im not going to pay $50 for a ******* flange and clamp

finished hotside (waiting for wastegate to come so i can mount it)

turbo mounted

coldside complete (waiting for bov flange to weld in and mount bov)

downpipe almost finished, just need another foot of 5" pipe and wideband bung

everything put together

all the pipe will be finished this upcoming weekend. entire hotside will be wrapped also. hoping to have this thing driving and doing burnouts at our local world of wheels car show at the end of march.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Duct tape couplers ftmfw! Just kidding man. Looking very good. I bet that S475 is going to scream for ya! Should be super fast spool.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was actually thinking about keeping the duct tape lol. I think the turbo is going to be a little lazy. I got the 96mm turbine on it. But I got a trans brake so I'm not worried haha. Hopefully it makes some power
Old 02-24-2014, 10:22 PM
kjm
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good, Back in 2000 I was running a blow thru on my stang awesome part is you can run a good bit more timing and no need for intercooler. Is that a CSU or home modified carb? I ran both, however, my home modified carb was a lot nicer on the street, it was a 357 CID ford with 88mm and 750 modified carb it put down 1241 rwhp 32 lbs of boost.

we used to add add extended vent tubes with flares on the inlet allowed you to run smaller jets and the little pressure difference would increase pressure in bowl as airflow increased

Cant wait to see the results from your setup
Kerry
Old 02-25-2014, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kjm
Looking good, Back in 2000 I was running a blow thru on my stang awesome part is you can run a good bit more timing and no need for intercooler. Is that a CSU or home modified carb? I ran both, however, my home modified carb was a lot nicer on the street, it was a 357 CID ford with 88mm and 750 modified carb it put down 1241 rwhp 32 lbs of boost.

we used to add add extended vent tubes with flares on the inlet allowed you to run smaller jets and the little pressure difference would increase pressure in bowl as airflow increased

Cant wait to see the results from your setup
Kerry
I got the carb from another member on here and can't remember exactly everything that's been done to it. I think it started out as a quick fuel 750 and it was sent in to some place to be completely redone and has dual needle and seat bowls. I don't know allot about blow thru so I'll have to learn haha. It was on a turbo lq4 so I'll probably have to play with it and tune it
Old 02-26-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

So whats the plan for the cooling system? Looking good!
Old 02-26-2014, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rpturbo
So whats the plan for the cooling system? Looking good!
I will have two 1.5" stainless steel pipes running on the passenger side frame rail. one pipe will be cold water feeding the two upper water ports and the other will be hot return water from the bottom ports. its -12an off each port on the block. so both top ports will go to one pipe and both bottoms will go to one pipe. the pump is a 50gpm from jegs. heres my Picasso like drawing

Old 02-26-2014, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

radiator is located in bed
Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

hotside and coldside are all complete. just waiting for my 60mm jgs wastegate to come next week then I can weld the flang on and attach it. got it for $375 from a member on here.

almost thought about keeping my down pipe this way. looks kinda cool

painted and wrapped my hotside. can still feel the itchy **** on my arms. reminds me of hanging insulation.

also fabbed my bracket for my alternator and tensioner. just cross my fingers I don't have alignment issues and throw belts

heres how I actually did my downpipe

and now just some more pictures.

im going to get a huge parts list so I can finish fuel system and tranny lines next weekend and get this thing running. once I sell my lf85 I can order the rest of the **** I need to finish this. im busting my *** to finish it by the 21st to put it in a local car show.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:31 AM
kjm
Launching!

looking good keep up the good should be a beast
Old 03-02-2014, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks man plan on driving it allot this year. I haven't even put 500 miles on this truck since I had it and it's going on three years since I had it.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

just ordered $1600 worth of **** to finish it completely besides a couple small things from napa. will be driving by this weekend and hopefully completely finished (for now haha). car show starts in a couple weeks gotta have it driving by then. ill update later in the week. going to get more done Tuesday.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:35 PM
kjm
Launching!

Sweet..... cant wait to here the feedback. Let me know if you need and blow thru help I have built many blow thru setups
Old 03-10-2014, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kjm
Sweet..... cant wait to here the feedback. Let me know if you need and blow thru help I have built many blow thru setups
Thanks I'll definately be contacting you this weekend or next week. This carb wasn't setup for my motor it was on a turbo lq4 so I'm going to need to tune for sure. Just going to run low boost at first so I don't kill this motor. What base fuel pressure should I run with vacuum unhooked on the regulator?
Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM
kjm
Launching!

Originally Posted by T76s10
Thanks I'll definately be contacting you this weekend or next week. This carb wasn't setup for my motor it was on a turbo lq4 so I'm going to need to tune for sure. Just going to run low boost at first so I don't kill this motor. What base fuel pressure should I run with vacuum unhooked on the regulator?
I ran 8 psi base pressure, Not sure if you spend anytime on turbomustangs.com but if you go to the carb section you will see a carb data base we had many engine combos that gave engine size, carb, jetting, boost, timing, et , mph and horse power made Im sure you can find a combination very similar to yours and get some good data and a starting point.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:27 PM
kjm
Launching!

I have 2 of my blow thru cars on Superior airflows website I ran their bonnet also and used to add vent tube extensions that were routed to the front of the bonnet and had a flare on the tubing it allowed me to run a much smaller jet and the airflow into the vent tubes would raise the bowl pressure and make up for the smaller jets it ran really clean on the street and still made 1000 plus rwhp also keep the power valves in it if you want to ride the street im guessing your carb already has the restrictor circuits modified??????? I had drilled out the passeges behind the poer valve and put in small allen plugs that I would drill and use as jets so you could tune the fuel enrichment when vacuum was loss
Old 03-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been months since i caught up with this thread. what did you end up doing with all your fuel injection and your twins?
Old 03-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Looking great Nik! Seems to be alot of questions about your carb, being the previous owner of your carb I might as well tell the story on it. I bought the carb new as a blow thru quick fuel for regular gas, later on in my build I decided to go e85 so I sent the carb to Eric at horse power innovations in michigan heres the link www.horsepowerinnovations.com . From what i remember he changed the booster rings and did a bunch of machining to the metering blocks and put there style of power valve in it, I asked to set it up to support 1000hp. When the carb was returned to me I bolted it on and fired up the motor, it idled at the afr that he said it would and revved real crisp and fast, it was spot on to everything eric said it would be. Iv had this carb on a 6.0l and a 5.3l and pretty much never had to change anything on it however i did put the dual needle and seat float bowls on it just because i scored a good deal on them. As far as details on the mods on the metering blocks , I have no idea whats been done, thats why the pros were paid to do them, Eric specializes in blowthru e85 carbs and havent ever heard anything negative about there work. Nik! we need a start up vid! soon!
Old 03-15-2014, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by n2o4myfix
Looking great Nik! Seems to be alot of questions about your carb, being the previous owner of your carb I might as well tell the story on it. I bought the carb new as a blow thru quick fuel for regular gas, later on in my build I decided to go e85 so I sent the carb to Eric at horse power innovations in michigan heres the link www.horsepowerinnovations.com . From what i remember he changed the booster rings and did a bunch of machining to the metering blocks and put there style of power valve in it, I asked to set it up to support 1000hp. When the carb was returned to me I bolted it on and fired up the motor, it idled at the afr that he said it would and revved real crisp and fast, it was spot on to everything eric said it would be. Iv had this carb on a 6.0l and a 5.3l and pretty much never had to change anything on it however i did put the dual needle and seat float bowls on it just because i scored a good deal on them. As far as details on the mods on the metering blocks , I have no idea whats been done, thats why the pros were paid to do them, Eric specializes in blowthru e85 carbs and havent ever heard anything negative about there work. Nik! we need a start up vid! soon!
Thanks john!! That clears things up allot. Should have it running tomorrow. What base fuel pressure were you running on it when you had it?
Old 03-15-2014, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Van Gui1d3r #838
been months since i caught up with this thread. what did you end up doing with all your fuel injection and your twins?
Sold all the fuel injection and twin setup

Quick Reply: lq4 s10 + twin 70's