Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

F1X cam I did

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think theres a little more going on that people don't know about that could make someone look bad
Old 10-27-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef
how about I fund a 3rd party to test both cams on the exact same set-up with the exact same tune, AFR, conditions and so on?

They won't agree to this, they have too much to hide.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
They won't agree to this, they have too much to hide.
it's all about selling product.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

OK,

im not defending anyone, but MARTIN or the OWNER, can you please explain the dip at high rpm's on the first pull with the old cam?

have you EVER in your life seen a graph that looks like that that didnt have something seriously messed up about the setup? Did it ever come to your mind that you might have fixed something UNDELIBERATELY while you swapped in the new cam?

can anyone of you answer my question because you are comparing a PROPER dyno pull to a totally messed up pull which is the REASON for the discrepancy.
From my experience with my own cars on the chassis dyno is a dip like that is from being too lean. Looking at the graphs there may be something there, but the ONLY constant in all of this, is the day of the week the car was on the dyno, and a different camshaft.

Also the owner said his S/C SRT8 dyno graphs from the same dyno shop looked identical as far as the waviness of the lines them self. The shop may have an interference with their tach pick-up causing it to do that, I honestly don't know I was not there. Do I honestly know anything wasn't changed other than the cam? No! If you guys knew how skeptical Aaron was when he called me, you'd feel 10x different than you do now, I could hear it in his voice at first that he didn't think it would even gain him 50rwhp. He was in a predicament because the car just wasn't making power like it should. Why would he, after being so skeptical in the first place, hell if you read his thread he even discarded my posts for several pages before finally calling me, that he would deliberately lie or deceive anyone?

Have fun guys, I'm going to bed.

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 10-27-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 71 chevy
if you are going to insult a well respected member you should have better than a fifth grade education.heck a fifth grader doesn't talk that "retarted"
Wow your cool dude..
Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,163 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis
Because you're a sales guy, that just started working at tick, you're 24, you read the Internet a lot, and claim to know
More than you do.

If you truly have tuned a 1000+ hp car, you'll know exactly what happens when timing or airfuel does when put on the limit, and you won't make claims like "no amount of timing or air fuel could make that difference".....

You may have good customer service, but you lack real world experience. It's nothing
Personal, it's just business.
I remember when you were 24, and drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse. You were a sharp young man too.

FWIW I think when folks post a thread about making a combo work better, our old style reponse was to congratulate folks and urge them to hit the track and show how the gain improved the track performance.

A big gain could point to a multitude of issues but it's always good to make more power and not less.

/back to watching college football
Old 10-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Teching In

how about I fund a 3rd party to test both cams on the exact same set-up with the exact same tune, AFR, conditions and so on?

Im all game. Execept I do all the work to my own car. I mean if it's that big of a deal to gain 125 from just a cam swap maybe we all could learn something..
Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I think if the custom is happy and making more power that's the most important thing.

I'm sure some of the veteran builders and tuners who posted in this thread would not have spec'd that first cam, that compression, frankly that combo. Jim tried to talk me about of really low compression like 7 years ago and I totally got it after I saw a number of his 9.5:1 combos run faster and pull through the rpms much better.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1 ANDY
What's "liljon" think that's my question!

Errrr, wait...... This isn't yellowbullet

Andy
Lol.... awww Andy... I'm here... and just watching this pissing match that Louis started.

And... im not surprised. Dealt with the haters sounding off like this for years since my days at Total Engine Airflow.

It is what it is... nothings ever changed and its not going to.

I do find it comical that people are saying the old cam wasnt far off.... the F1X doesnt cam anything like an F1R combo. They like two completely different sets of events.

The ci/head combo that was on this engine likes a bigger durational split( more agggressive evo to be specific) N/A. This problem becomes that much more apparant on a blown deal.

Hell wonder how bad id get flamed for posting the results of the cam swap on that twin turbo 427.... that cam swap picked up more than 125.... lol

Martin.... considering the source of all this... just walk away. Its not worth it. This went way beyond questioning the merits of the claim and turned into a smear campaign the second private messages were made public without both parties knowledge beforehand.

You have a happy customer. Thats all that really matters.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LilJohn
Lol.... awww Andy... I'm here... and just watching this pissing match that Louis started.

And... im not surprised. Dealt with the haters sounding off like this for years since my days at Total Engine Airflow.

I do find it comical that people are saying the old cam wasnt far off.... the F1X doesnt cam anything like an F1R combo. They like two completely different sets of events.

The ci/head combo that was on this engine likes a bigger durational split( more agggressive evo to be specific) N/A. This problem becomes that much more apparant on a blown deal.

Hell wonder how bad id get flamed for posting the results of the cam swap on that twin turbo 427.... that cam swap picked up more than 125.... lol

Martin.... considering the source of all this... just walk away. Its not worth it. This went way beyond questioning the merits of the claim and turned into a smear campaign the second private messages were made public without both parties knowledge beforehand.

You have a happy customer. Thats all that really matters.
Well said.. Hell I'm just trying to get 50 post now, so I can sell this old cam!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Clinc
so I can sell this old cam!
Yah good luck with that. Better have a good FS title.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RacerXLs1
Louis you're a F***ing retard.. I'm glad you came in here making yourself look like a retard. Martin is a big help. He helped me with my setup and will answer the call when needed. So get that no tech support bullshit out of here. I just see a hater cause a YOUNG KID is taking your work and you're jealous. Good job Martin i'll be talking to you soon.
Seriously, awesome post man. Would read again. I fixed the major errors so the average forum poster, with even a grade school level intellect, could understand your post.

I don't have an angle here. Just wanted to point out the blatant obvious, Racer being the king of retarts.

Car seems to be running well now, congrats.
Attached Thumbnails F1X cam I did-oh_the_ironing.jpg  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=Hi-Po;16848931]Seriously, awesome post man. Would read again. I fixed the major errors so the average forum poster, with even a grade school level intellect, could understand your post.

I don't have an angle here. Just wanted to point out the blatant obvious, Racer being the king of retarts.

Hey why dont you **** yourself.. You must cant read dumbfuck when i said I was on my phone.. But sorry everyone cant be like you. A stuck up bitch that wants to correct people..
Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I remember when you were 24, and drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse. You were a sharp young man too.

FWIW I think when folks post a thread about making a combo work better, our old style reponse was to congratulate folks and urge them to hit the track and show how the gain improved the track performance.

A big gain could point to a multitude of issues but it's always good to make more power and not less.

/back to watching college football
Thanks John, you're always a very fair person and I thank you for offering your insight into this matter. I'm over it now, I'm just going to keep doing the things that make me happy and that is valve-train work.

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I think if the custom is happy and making more power that's the most important thing.

I'm sure some of the veteran builders and tuners who posted in this thread would not have spec'd that first cam, that compression, frankly that combo. Jim tried to talk me about of really low compression like 7 years ago and I totally got it after I saw a number of his 9.5:1 combos run faster and pull through the rpms much better.
Agreed 100% that's the next to-do item on Aaron's list I gave him. We're going to swap the -30cc+ pistons out for something more along the lines of a -10cc dish. The first item after the swap was beef up the transmission. We've got some other F1X combo's in our sights at TX2K13!!!

[QUOTE=LilJohn;16848425]Lol.... awww Andy... I'm here... and just watching this pissing match that Louis started.

You have a happy customer. Thats all that really matters.[/QUOTE\]

Big John!!! Thanks for dropping in buddy, your wisdom is always welcome in one of my threads or posts! You know I thoroughly respect and enjoy your help you're ALWAYS willing to give to me. I think this is what is wrong with this industry today....the older guys see a young guy and totally discard him as worthless because he isn't "experienced enough". If more of them acted like you, Tooley, Brian Moore, and MANY others I know always willing to help me then things wouldn't of gone the way of this thread. I don't understand it, but there are a lot of things I don't understand yet. Thanks for the kind words partner.

Originally Posted by Clinc
Well said.. Hell I'm just trying to get 50 post now, so I can sell this old cam!
I know a guy in Texas that wants it!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 12:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick

There is no way any amount of timing, AFR change or anything tuning related could alter the gains this much.
this....

http://youtu.be/yJtMNSZ5ZfY

But really man... There are so many variables here that you aren't counting. I have talked to Aaron and heard about all the Fuel system/intercooler/etc related issues that have been encountered by this car. Not to mention the weather variables between dynos and lack of similarities between tests.

I was tuning an 88mm LS car earlier this year and ran into valve float with the cam I was using. Replaced the springs and was able to finish tuning it. With that being said, I would like to thank PAC springs, they make 187hp more than the competitor... (read: sarcasm)

I honestly cannot believe you are discrediting all of these major players to try and justify your post that is not "validated". C'mon maaaaann.....
Old 10-28-2012, 12:40 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by patriotformula
this....

But really man... There are so many variables here that you aren't counting. I have talked to Aaron and heard about all the Fuel system/intercooler/etc related issues that have been encountered by this car. Not to mention the weather variables between dynos and lack of similarities between tests.

I was tuning an 88mm LS car earlier this year and ran into valve float with the cam I was using. Replaced the springs and was able to finish tuning it. With that being said, I would like to thank PAC springs, they make 187hp more than the competitor... (read: sarcasm)

I honestly cannot believe you are discrediting all of these major players to try and justify your post that is not "validated". C'mon maaaaann.....
Thanks for your insight.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Why is it when there is a **** storm PSJ tries to make everyone calm, and when everyone is calm PSJ tries to start a **** storm?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

LOL @ Todd.

I read the thread and the customer has now gone from a cam that probably nobody here would pair with an F1X, to a cam that is 24x/26x duration that sounds like the hydraulic version of what I know some heads-up racers in NMRA used to use in Renegade. Owner says that's the only change, but who knows maybe the last cam wasn't paired with the right spring pressure there can be a lot of things... wrong pushrods. But even so this new cam is a big *** cam and more like what I'd hear guys running with combos like this in heads up classes (a mild version of what they run).
Old 10-29-2012, 07:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by patriotformula
this....

I kid you not, I have never laughed at a forum post harder than seeing that quote and video clip. I <3 Billy Madison. Post of the year!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The problem with the industry is every moron with the Internet is an expert.

When you actually build **** no one has a problem. But when all you are is an Internet expert with no legitimate experience you look like a fool.

[QUOTE=Martin@Tick;16849254]Thanks John, you're always a very fair person and I thank you for offering your insight into this matter. I'm over it now, I'm just going to keep doing the things that make me happy and that is valve-train work.

Agreed 100% that's the next to-do item on Aaron's list I gave him. We're going to swap the -30cc+ pistons out for something more along the lines of a -10cc dish. The first item after the swap was beef up the transmission. We've got some other F1X combo's in our sights at TX2K13!!!

Originally Posted by LilJohn

You have a happy customer. Thats all that really matters.[/QUOTE\]

Big John!!! Thanks for dropping in buddy, your wisdom is always welcome in one of my threads or posts! You know I thoroughly respect and enjoy your help you're ALWAYS willing to give to me. I think this is what is wrong with this industry today....the older guys see a young guy and totally discard him as worthless because he isn't "experienced enough". If more of them acted like you, Tooley, Brian Moore, and MANY others I know always willing to help me then things wouldn't of gone the way of this thread. I don't understand it, but there are a lot of things I don't understand yet. Thanks for the kind words partner.

I know a guy in Texas that wants it!!!

Quick Reply: F1X cam I did