subscribed this is gonna be good,looks great
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep going looks awesome cant wait to see what you have planned for it
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM
TECH Resident

Got a few things this weekend for the car. Tial 50mm blow off valve brand new and Turbosmart 48mm pro gate brand new few years old but never used and picked them up for $425 which I thought was a killer deal. Also got my ARC switch panel and relay board for the first part of the wiring. Hoping to get out in the shop this week should have some more pics
Old 01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
9 Second Club

That switch panel looks great! Is that a roll bar mount panel?
You think that pro gate 48 will be enough by itself?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
TECH Resident

Ya it ARC's roll bar mount style, ill be piggy backing leash electronic's pro street wiring board for my lights and other needed outputs.
Wastegate according to forced inductions who I spoke to today said it should be plenty. I'm only going to run the T6 Borg Warner s475
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
9 Second Club

I too have the Leash pro street box, and boost controller along with bump box too. I'm going to have to look into those switch panels, pretty sweet deal there.

We are using the same turbo for our builds, not surprising considering same class and all. Either way its good to know about the gate size, although i think i'll go with the TiAL 60mm. YOU got a killer deal, i'm sketchy with used gates and don't run across many deals anyways.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Ya I had a buddy order it locally I got the ARC panel and relay board for $265. Summit sells it for like $280 which even that's a good deal IMO. Haha I didn't know you were going to run the BW s475, I'm just trying to keep this car really budget so I can keep both my cars and then still try to be as competitive as possible with this car.
My Trans am is my pride and joy! A blast to drive and made it into high performance Pontiac big article and made cover on GM high tech with a huge article. Only reason I didn't do a Trans am is cause my first sports car was a red camaro and I wanted something different than my Trans am now.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
9 Second Club

What heads and intake do you plan on using buddy?
Your progress gets me excited to thrash on mine, i hope we line up this year!! LSXFTW
Old 01-07-2013, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Block is still being checked should know this week if its good. If block is good it will be getting h-beam rods and weisco forged piston staying a 5.3. Heads will be my 241's off my Trans am with some work done to them, simple valve job with some inconel valves and light porting. To get it going intake will be a stock ls1 with stock throttle body. Unless I fall into some cash!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Aluminum or iron block 5.3? There's a couple sites I found a K1 rod/ Wiseco piston combo for around $1000 not too bad.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Its a iron 5.3 block, i got it for free a few years ago.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Got a lot done today got the rest of the cowl cut out.

Started boxing on the cowl with sheet metal.

Seam sealed the cowl after we finished welding it in.

Also got the pictures from when Nate mounted the fuel cell which was purchased from BD Racing!

That's it for now should have more updates coming!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:19 PM
9 Second Club

Looks like you had a good day today, it's coming along nicely.
What fuel cell did you get from BD? I need to get my windshield out as well, what method did you use to remove it?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should probably mount that fuel cell with straps instead. Mounted like that, it will tend to crack.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GrimReaper
What fuel cell did you get from BD? I need to get my windshield out as well, what method did you use to remove it?
If your trying to salvage it the safest way is to get a friend and some piano wire, cut a piece of the wire approx 4ft stick it through the urethane and attach both ends to a piece of wood or by the tool for it, then just saw away go slow and dont force it. I worked several years in a body shop and we never had a issue with this method. DONT use the knife with pull handle, IF you so much as change the angle when cutting it will break the windshield. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

If your trying to salvage it the safest way is to get a friend and some piano wire, cut a piece of the wire approx 4ft stick it through the urethane and attach both ends to a piece of wood or by the tool for it, then just saw away go slow and dont force it. I worked several years in a body shop and we never had a issue with this method. DONT use the knife with pull handle, IF you so much as change the angle when cutting it will break the windshield. Good luck.

OP great job on the build, I am actually contemplating doing the same type of stuff with mine.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:35 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Preston99WS6

OP great job on the build, I am actually contemplating doing the same type of stuff with mine.

Thanks for the advice, if you get a chance to check out "Poor mans Real Street" that is my thread and you will see I already cracked the windshield. But your method sounds like something me and my buddy Vinnie will try this week
Old 01-13-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

I got the windshield removed from a buddy who does glass install. It's there pro style 5 gallon fuel cell with the big single outlet.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice work man, hurry up and finish!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Not much to update.....got my old engine block to the shop to start mock up. Nate welded the v-bands on the exhaust manifolds. They turned out really great!

Will be putting mock up block in later this week and should have some more updates!

Quick Reply: 1998 Camaro LSx Real Street Build Thread