Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbonetics 6665 Twin Turbo build, Fab process started Post #71! finally!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jt76
Glad to see you making some progress! The club is growing.
thanks man, and no kidding, its good to see more and more twin setups! Its definitively A LOT of work... holy cow...

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
Its not hard. Its just tedious. I numbered each wire and staggered how i cut them and measured the wire that way. At first i was soldering and that took way too long. So then i juat used butt connectors and heat shrink.
Ill see what i can come up with. I seen where a guy made the hole under the fuse boxes larger, and stuffed them down. then he made a plate to cover them. Ill look into it more when i get to that part. My main focus right now is getting the turbos mounted and the cold side done so i can pull the motor and start doing the tedious things like that.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Made some more progress tonight. Got the drivers side piping done from the manifold to the turbo. Now i just gotta find a good TIG welder. Theres a few places in town, but i want to make sure its professional looking. Not just some monkey in muffler shop who thinks he can weld.. Ill move on getting my wastegates mounted next, then fab the cold side, then the motor should be read to be pulled out.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Another update.

Got my hotside all TIG welded and got my turbos positioned. Everything came out pretty nicely. I gotta get my wastegates mounted then start on the cold side. Its moving slowly, im in the process of moving so....itll get there eventually. heres a couple pics. excuse the dirty engine bay and garage. its all getting painted n e way.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Coming along nicely!

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Superman09
Coming along nicely!
Thanks Jon! Appreciate it! Hopefully these wastegates go on pretty easily. I need to find a drill press like you recommended.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats looking pretty badass there man. That engine bay will clean up nicely. Good luck with the new crib. Be nice to get some breathing room to work on this beast.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:11 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by allout06
ya i am, degreased, cleaned, then painted. Ive been lookin at the SJM ABS delete, i have their line lock. Still on the fence on deleting it. I have the drivers side mocked up to where i can keep it if i need to. I need to figure out what to do with my fuse boxes. i really really dont wanna cut the wires and re-route those damn things. i found a thread on here where a guy relocated them without cutting anything, wish i could find it again.
Here's how I moved my fuse boxes and headlight relay thingamajigger. https://ls1tech.com/forums/13618135-post278.html I ended up cutting the hole larger later on to make it easier to get them back out.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
Thats looking pretty badass there man. That engine bay will clean up nicely. Good luck with the new crib. Be nice to get some breathing room to work on this beast.
Thanks Joey, you'll have to come check it out when you up this way.

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Here's how I moved my fuse boxes and headlight relay thingamajigger. https://ls1tech.com/forums/13618135-post278.html I ended up cutting the hole larger later on to make it easier to get them back out.
For some reason this didnt show up in my subscribed threads, sorry for the delay.

Id rather do it that way then to cut the wires and extend them. That seems like a nightmare. i may cut the top of the frame and go a step further and hide the main harness then make a sheet metal cover to go over it. I dunno, ill worry about it when the motor is out. Im at a stand still right now until i get into this house. I have to do the cold side and position my wastegates then the motor can come out. But i cant spend n e money until im in this house, i NEED this place so i have my own garage. I appreciate the help!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Id rather do it that way then to cut the wires and extend them. That seems like a nightmare. i may cut the top of the frame and go a step further and hide the main harness then make a sheet metal cover to go over it. I dunno, ill worry about it when the motor is out. Im at a stand still right now until i get into this house. I have to do the cold side and position my wastegates then the motor can come out. But i cant spend n e money until im in this house, i NEED this place so i have my own garage. I appreciate the help!
I was trying to find better pictures, but here is the picture of the new hole: https://ls1tech.com/forums/15473819-post406.html . You'd be surprised how easy it is to do it this way. With the new hole I can just reach down and pull the fuse panel back through the hole in about 10 seconds. I didn't have to cut any wires and it all holds itself in there. It took me forever, but a normal person could do it in about 20 minutes.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

That looks good. Is that a sheet metal cover you made? I can't tell.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:41 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

That looks good. Is that a sheet metal cover you made? I can't tell.
Acrylic, but I think thin bead rolled aluminum would be best.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

how did u get the cover to fit flush with the wire loom under it? as far as where it enters the hole you made? You know what im saying?
Old 01-14-2013, 07:00 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

how did u get the cover to fit flush with the wire loom under it? as far as where it enters the hole you made? You know what im saying?
Yes, I do. They're actually 3.5'' above the frame rail. I made an aluminum C from flat stock that has two wholes drilled through it. There's two self tapping screws that hold the acrylic to the aluminum. This should explain it better: https://ls1tech.com/forums/14437808-post323.html
Old 02-28-2013, 01:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This thing running yet?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Reject
This thing running yet?
Dude i just now seen your post, the subscriptions arent working right for some reason. to answer your question... unfortunately no.. not yet. i ended up buying a house that a guy was in the middle of rebuilding, and get to move in (finally) on saturday, so im hoping to have the engine out in the next 2 weeks. I do have the AES390 PAID OFF finally lol. Going April 20th to assemble it myself. then I'll be working on it as much as money/time allow me to. My plans are to have everything good to go by june minus a transmission. I will probably end up making a new thread when i get the engine pulled, since this one is kinda scatter brained and old..... Work is up and down here lately so, like i said, its all about time/money. Itd be awesome if i could drive it this fall..we will see. Heres a few pics of my new surgery room though Im STOKED to have my own garage for the first time to work on my car when i want.

It'll get there!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

by the way, the garage is a lot bigger than it looks. its a 24x24.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember when i had space like that! Then everyone started bringing their crap here lol
Old 04-01-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats bro! I like you am in the middle of a build, buying a house and once thats done, building a garage! lol.

Congrats on the purchase and the garage looks nice man! **** man, didnt even realize you are about an hour away from me either! When that thing is done, it must come down to Indy on the south side!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jt76
I remember when i had space like that! Then everyone started bringing their crap here lol
haha, good thing i have this bitch in here sideways so i cant fit anyone elses ****.

Originally Posted by JAX04
Congrats bro! I like you am in the middle of a build, buying a house and once thats done, building a garage! lol.

Congrats on the purchase and the garage looks nice man! **** man, didnt even realize you are about an hour away from me either! When that thing is done, it must come down to Indy on the south side!
thanks dude! first house, coming from a small apartment so i had to spend money on **** you have to have...apparently furniture and appliances are necessities lol.

I'll def bring it down! Ive never been down to indy for a car gathering. just lame *** kokomo and **** box 4 cylinders with fart cans... :-/. You on facebook?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

btw JAX, whats your build? you got a thread going?

Quick Reply: Turbonetics 6665 Twin Turbo build, Fab process started Post #71! finally!