Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

6spd FI guys and no lift shifting (lingenfelter lnc-003)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jridenour31
It shouldn't make any difference if the tranny is faceplated or synchronized. Either way, you shouldn't shift either without the clutch and you don't need a special box to no-lift-shift. Just keep your right foot on the floor, stab the clutch, and bang the next gear.

I will still be using the clutch obviously as this tranny is not faceplated... I just want to reduce the load on the tranny components during shifts and speed up the shifting process, also make it more consistent..

Full on powershift a MN12 tranny with 850+rwhp and tell me how long it lasts... not to mention zinging the motor up between shifts...
Old 12-26-2012, 10:09 PM
12 Second Club

The N2MB will work on 4th gens. See here...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...s-back-up.html
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrothm

From what I read, the lingenfelter box is supposed to be used with a faceplated tranny as well..not stock trannies... That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on it.

Subscribed.
100%

Flat shifting on a synchro box will cause harm to the box.. Such methods are intended for dog engagement type boxes.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 118 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
The N2MB will work on 4th gens. See here...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...s-back-up.html
thanks for posting this. Id rather have the n2mb over the lnc-003 anyway.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine in and have to figure out the wiring.It's also got shift light capabilities,so its it three things in one unit.Cant beat all that for the price.

No lift shift
2-step
shift light
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by (SS)
I got mine in and have to figure out the wiring.It's also got shift light capabilities,so its it three things in one unit.Cant beat all that for the price.

No lift shift
2-step
shift light
Yep i bought the n2mb too. I wont wire it in until spring cus its still way too damn cold here. but if you get it wired send me a PM or post back here how you did it. There arent many people using it so it be good to have a reference
Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was also looking at the N2MB module, I think thats the one I'm gonna try as well... Although it looks like a total bitch to wire up on a C5...

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I am gonna try to see some more reviews on the WOT shifting... You can find all kinds of reviews on the 2 step but hardly nothing on the WOT shifting...Let alone any good videos on cars with real power.

I'll check out y'alls opinions on em after you get em installed...
Old 01-24-2013, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

I'm with AJROTHM on this one...let us know how they work! lol I've seen quite a few big turbo evo guys use them and they seem to work quite well. I'll probably pick up a N2MB assuming all goes well with you guys running them.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Launching!

I've been having mine sitting in the garage for over a week.Maybe i'll have time soon to install it.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the LNC-003, works like a champ. The power cut makes shifting a lot easier too. Once you get over the urge to lift on the gas youll love it!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Shifting could take years to master.... practice practice practice. Go somewhere, and bang gears. Try it in a near stock car, as it'll be cake to shift anything flat shifting. Your never gonna learn unless you practice. I've seen dudes that were the worst drivers ever,..then spend some time, a short time,..and they'd get it. I've shifted friends cars faster at the track then they have,..and I didn't always "powershift/flatshift"... as it's not always needed....just lift a hair on occasion,...depending on gear/ and more importantly traction. 3rd,4th,5th are gears that I am typically gonna try and power shift, as long as it's going relatively straight.

The two step is cool, the shift light is great....and the wot box seems cool. I don't feel I would want anything at all unless I was using a clutchless shifter/trans(I-pattern),.....but I would like to drive a car with, and without it,..to see if I was quicker, slower, better or worse at the track. I'm consistent enough to bracket race a manual,...so maybe we will try it in the tt goat or something. Shift light is dope....
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I was also looking at the N2MB module, I think thats the one I'm gonna try as well... Although it looks like a total bitch to wire up on a C5...

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I am gonna try to see some more reviews on the WOT shifting... You can find all kinds of reviews on the 2 step but hardly nothing on the WOT shifting...Let alone any good videos on cars with real power.

I'll check out y'alls opinions on em after you get em installed...
The reviews for this thing seem to be great. Vette guys love it, skittle guys love it, talked to a buddy with a gti and he loved it too.

im am FAR from a wiring guru, and i mean FAR. but if i can get this thing figured out im sure everyone can. If (ss) doesnt do a write-up on his install i will.

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
I'm with AJROTHM on this one...let us know how they work! lol I've seen quite a few big turbo evo guys use them and they seem to work quite well. I'll probably pick up a N2MB assuming all goes well with you guys running them.
ill probably add the review here and but definitely to my build thread once its in. I plan on doing before and after vids too.

Originally Posted by KnightmareLS1
I have the LNC-003, works like a champ. The power cut makes shifting a lot easier too. Once you get over the urge to lift on the gas youll love it!
the power cut on the shift is what i really want.

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Shifting could take years to master.... practice practice practice. Go somewhere, and bang gears. Try it in a near stock car, as it'll be cake to shift anything flat shifting. Your never gonna learn unless you practice. I've seen dudes that were the worst drivers ever,..then spend some time, a short time,..and they'd get it. I've shifted friends cars faster at the track then they have,..and I didn't always "powershift/flatshift"... as it's not always needed....just lift a hair on occasion,...depending on gear/ and more importantly traction. 3rd,4th,5th are gears that I am typically gonna try and power shift, as long as it's going relatively straight.

The two step is cool, the shift light is great....and the wot box seems cool. I don't feel I would want anything at all unless I was using a clutchless shifter/trans(I-pattern),.....but I would like to drive a car with, and without it,..to see if I was quicker, slower, better or worse at the track. I'm consistent enough to bracket race a manual,...so maybe we will try it in the tt goat or something. Shift light is dope....
I agree with you on all of the above. I go out and practice a couple times a year but its still very, very hard on the car. I wont even shift too quickly in a race if i dont need to, ive only had 1 race come down to shifting and usually we'll run a couple times so thats all ill have to step my game up for.

Like i said earlier, im rocking a stock trans and if $150 will save it for another year then its money well spent in my book, plus i get a 2step and a shift light. The 1-2 shift is brutal no matter how you do it and im sure it still will be. Once i get this configured/dialed in correctly, i bet the driveline will be much better off though.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

..I have been running big power(somewhat) on a bone stock trans since I bought the car. Ask anyone that knows me,...I power shift the life out of it..lesser as the power increases(again due to traction)... so I am very proud to say, it CAN last. I haven't missed a gear in forever, but, it can happen. The key is to be able to quickly lift off the throttle and not continue to try and jam the car into gear.

..Now,..I have ripped shifters right out of torque tubes.

Twice. Try explaining that one. lol.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
Launching!

Don't count on me for a wright-up.I'm no a wiring guru either.lol
I would like to know where to tie the wires in and where you mounted yours.Also did you do the shift light?That looks like a pinta too.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like I'll get a lnc-003. How have to times dropped for those doing no lift shifting?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Did any of you end up installing the N2MB and using it for no-lift shifting?
Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

Ryans99ls1 did. I'll let him chime in here...
Old 06-15-2015, 06:42 AM
Staging Lane

thread dig I know, but need some advice on my new LNC-003.

now before anyone says "call LPE and ask them."

I have, and couldn't get any answers...

so, in the instructions it says "
If both the Primary and the Secondary RPM limit are enabled then the Primary setting is selected".
so do you just swap the primary and secondary around so that it works the way you would think it would in the first place?

what I wanted was to set the ecu limiter to say 7500-8000rpm, then set the 'primary' setting to where I want me rpm limit, then use the 'secondary' limit where I want to launch off the clutch.
but with the way it is described in the instructions it seems like it has to be reversed in order to have it run that way???
Old 06-15-2015, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Turb0Z28
I know this is not a shift but its me two steping from a roll. I had it set at 5500 rpm
I am running a ram clutch no slipping yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0O-...op1SQ&index=13
wow that's pretty badass man. good to know that can be done.

any other reviews on the N2MB box on fbodies?
Old 06-15-2015, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Honda guys use them and they know a lot about turbos with manuals

Quick Reply: 6spd FI guys and no lift shifting (lingenfelter lnc-003)