Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

6spd FI guys and no lift shifting (lingenfelter lnc-003)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Default 6spd FI guys and no lift shifting (lingenfelter lnc-003)

Been looking at Lingenfelters LNC-003. i was curious if us 6spd guys can use this for no lift shifting at WOT? it says it activates everytime you depress the clutch so im just thinking you could wire the secondary rpm limit to just past the desired shift point to keep the rpms from shooting up too high and it should also make shifting easier by taking the load off

i know n2mb makes a WOT box that vette/stang guys like to use but its not available for fbodies

just looking for some opinions or experience from anyone who has used it
Old 12-25-2012, 07:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how much it would help. I've never had a problem no-lift shifting an M6 car.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Not sure how much it would help. I've never had a problem no-lift shifting an M6 car.
i know you dont need something like this to no lift shift, but its definitely attractive to lighten the load on the drivetrain during the process. Helps incase of a screw up too. I figure for 200, its not a bad deal if it can make no lift shifting as easy as a regular shift.

Gotta be a reason its being incorporated into newer cars as a standard option, other than how awesome it sounds outside a vette

appreciate the insight though!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in this as well... I shift way too sloppy letting off the throttle and it kills my ET/MPH.. It would be nice to keep it on the floor, not to mention keeping the blower/intercooler spooled up instead of dumping it all thru the BOV.

From what I read, the lingenfelter box is supposed to be used with a faceplated tranny as well..not stock trannies... That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on it.

Subscribed.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by INTMD8
I agree, not really sure what it would be accomplishing. My right foot stays on the floor when I shift and I've never used one of those boxes.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ajrothm
I am interested in this as well... I shift way too sloppy letting off the throttle and it kills my ET/MPH.. It would be nice to keep it on the floor, not to mention keeping the blower/intercooler spooled up instead of dumping it all thru the BOV.

From what I read, the lingenfelter box is supposed to be used with a faceplated tranny as well..not stock trannies... That's why I haven't pulled the trigger on it.

Subscribed.
It shouldn't make any difference if the tranny is faceplated or synchronized. Either way, you shouldn't shift either without the clutch and you don't need a special box to no-lift-shift. Just keep your right foot on the floor, stab the clutch, and bang the next gear.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ajrothm

Subscribed.
the box that requires you to have a faceplated tranny is this one:
http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C163

the one i have in mind is this one:
http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C163

it supposedly only cuts spark and leaves fuel alone (which is what makes it different from a stock rev limiter)
Old 12-25-2012, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jridenour31
It shouldn't make any difference if the tranny is faceplated or synchronized. Either way, you shouldn't shift either without the clutch and you don't need a special box to no-lift-shift. Just keep your right foot on the floor, stab the clutch, and bang the next gear.
i wont argue that this way works. Ill also be honest in saying that my main interest in this is to help a trans survive at a level that is beyond its limits.

While the way you are talking about works, it doesnt mean that it isnt harder on parts. If installing it makes it easier on parts(mainly synchros) and even easier to hit the next gear, then why not? its not expensive.

i sound like i defending the box but in reality i just want to know if it will work the way im talking about. if im interpreting the description correctly then i will be trying it.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one. It works well. The hard part is fighting the urge to not lift. I need alot of work on it still. I only have a 1/8th mile so I dont get much practice.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Been looking at Lingenfelters LNC-003. i was curious if us 6spd guys can use this for no lift shifting at WOT? it says it activates everytime you depress the clutch so im just thinking you could wire the secondary rpm limit to just past the desired shift point to keep the rpms from shooting up too high and it should also make shifting easier by taking the load off

i know n2mb makes a WOT box that vette/stang guys like to use but its not available for fbodies

just looking for some opinions or experience from anyone who has used it
Are you saying the www.n2mb.com no lift module i just orderd for my 00SS wont work on it?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by (SS)
Are you saying the www.n2mb.com no lift module i just orderd for my 00SS wont work on it?
Dude get the lingenfelter of the MDS. plug and play is nice
Old 12-25-2012, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turb0Z28
I have one. It works well. The hard part is fighting the urge to not lift. I need alot of work on it still. I only have a 1/8th mile so I dont get much practice.
awesome, i just wanted to know it worked. I thought that may be the hardest part too haha. Any chance you have/can get a video of it in use?

Originally Posted by (SS)
according to their site, no it wont work. they only have C5 vettes listed. Im assuming it has to do with the fact that our cars arent drive-by-wire.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Launching!

I have video of me trying it out on my you tube page
a few of the videos when i two step my car starts to move under high rpm. i fixed it by adding a spacer behind my slave. link to my youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/turboz28?feature=mhee
Old 12-25-2012, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have video of me trying it out on my you tube page
a few of the videos when i two step my car starts to move under high rpm. i fixed it by adding a spacer behind my slave. link to my youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/turboz28?feature=mhee
it sounds like you are lifting on each shift from the videos?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Launching!

I have a vid of out side the car on 1320video go to 5:58 for my car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPmp...8VhIF6FRlop1SQ
Old 12-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Launching!

it sounds like you are lifting on each shift from the videos?
on most of them I am on the one where the car is rolling out the hole i do not lift but the clutch was not working with me. now i have that fixed works fine. My T56 is built also
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a vid of out side the car on 1320video go to 5:58 for my car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPmp...8VhIF6FRlop1SQ
Car moves out. did you keep it planted in those runs? i know the nose will dive when you hit the clutch but its hard to tell if you lift cus of how loud everything is.

on most of them I am on the one where the car is rolling out the hole i do not lift but the clutch was not working with me. now i have that fixed works fine. My T56 is built also
yeah mine is still stock but i have tick mc so that helps.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Launching!

I lifited in that vid. I still need work on not lol.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Launching!

I know this is not a shift but its me two steping from a roll. I had it set at 5500 rpm
I am running a ram clutch no slipping yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0O-...op1SQ&index=13
Old 12-25-2012, 08:56 PM
TECH Regular

i wont argue that this way works. Ill also be honest in saying that my main interest in this is to help a trans survive at a level that is beyond its limits.

While the way you are talking about works, it doesnt mean that it isnt harder on parts. If installing it makes it easier on parts(mainly synchros) and even easier to hit the next gear, then why not? its not expensive.

i sound like i defending the box but in reality i just want to know if it will work the way im talking about. if im interpreting the description correctly then i will be trying it.
I see what you're saying and, if it actually works the way they say it does, it would be a good investment.

On another note, is there a way to set a lower rpm on the two step for launching and only have it come on at the line and not while making shifts? I wouldn't think you'd want the limiter to be at 4500 or whatever you're launching at while you'retrying to shift.

Quick Reply: 6spd FI guys and no lift shifting (lingenfelter lnc-003)