Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 turbo woe's

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

nobody walks on water and ON3 isnt perfect as evidant as some point out from customer service and whatnot. Hell, they sold me a turbo with the wrong housing on it but im still waiting nicely for it to be rectified.
Theres always an inherent risk of buying aftermarket parts no matter who you get it from.
Story tell all you want about your bad experience. by all means, but if part of the problem is you choosing not to have it fixed at all because you just dont like the person at the company then thats on you.
You say your not looking for pity sale, but It seems you came on here to get pity and alot of people arnt giving it to you so now your taking it out on satisfied customers who are just trying to help you fix your problem and you just dont want to hear it if it isnt alined with your decision and take some form of offense by it.

Nobody hates you for your decision, we just dont understand why you wont let ON3 fix it. Well we do, but even then, they still are trying to work it out and you wont give them that chance. But as said before, its your decision, money, and time.
Good luck on your future project and good luck on your exam. Hope you get your car up and running and hope you pass your exam. Ill just hope my turbo doesnt hav ethe same issue as yours.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope no pity wanted just providing my experience for others to make an educated decision on where they might go about getting their turbo/forced induction products.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

FWIW-I spent $8k for an all forged big block with "quality" parts. Guess what? Lasted 7 months. I then build a JY 5.3 twin turbo with Precision 62's. I had nothing but problems with them. After paying for $500 rebuilds and the **** still went bad I gave up and figured since I was using junk engines I would use junk turbo's and bought some On3 70s.

My ON3 70's were better packaged, looked nicer than my precisions, and so far I have raped them to 30lbs of boost. I have about 3,000 street miles on them and they have been raped several times on the street. Several Youtube videos of me raping them. No track passes yet but I can say the ON3's have worked better than my precisions and were a whole lot cheaper. At $324 shipped if it goes out, I will just order another one. A new one is still cheaper than rebuilding any of the name brand turbo's and still no guarantee they will last.

Again, I am just saying that buying what is considered a "quality" turbo doesn't guarantee ****. All it means is if the turbo malfunctioned then you are golden. However, if it is something that is wrong with your set up, then how are you going to feel when the more expensive turbo does the same thing.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Launching!

I would never buy a precision based on many stories like yours, and I personally know 2 people who have had 6765 failures and precision gave them the same run around. But there is a difference between an oem quality turbo and precision/on3, and that is there ability to contain turbine and compressor wheel failures. I have read about precisions taking out a couple nice outlaw cars over on YB.

My on3's worked great for me up until now, spool was even pretty good for 2 76's on a 346ci engine with a TREX!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Launching!

its actually someone i know from a few forums...this wasn't my experience. but i do have first hand experience with on3 since i bought a mild steel 5.0 kit from them....

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
Silver sleeper,so they sold you a name brand product at a name brand price,and sent ya a knock off ?thats crazy,talk about false advertising, this is kinda why i ignored the cheap prices and went toward huron speed,no offense to anyone in this thread but if im going to spend money cs is important,i mean i just had a bad experience with spec,best believe they will never get a dime from me again,but that was horrible,spent alot of money only lasted 2 months and now have to do a clutch all over again,if there is something i hate its buying something twice
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Launching!

after 2 years my on3 let go.still boost leaking a lil oil. i got my $ worth out of it. next stop for it is i will make a jet engine out of it. here is s vid of the shaft play.

Last edited by Turb0Z28; 07-24-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Quick Reply: On3 turbo woe's