Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 turbo woe's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by On 3 Performance
What are you even talking about? You are just twisting a story to cause a problem. I would not just hold a part because someone screamed on the phone, but thats how you sure make it sound
I won't be involved anymore with he said she said pointing fingers, I will just say I have personally dealt with at least 4 different turbo fab shops/distributors and you were hands down the worst to deal with. I literally did not have one other problem with other companies. When I got a wrong parts from one distributor I called them they said ok and got me the right ones coming. They didn't say "wellll its because I had a guy quit and he was a liar, and I am pretty sure the wastegates aren't even supposed to come with flanges"... they just fixed the situation.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

well i brought up my issue and on3 will hook me up with a replacment .81 turbine since they shipped the wrong one to me. but i have to wait until they get some in stock. Which is perfectly fine with me. They told me they will get ahold of me when they get some new ones in. They were perfectly civil and polite to me so id know, maybe i layed on the charm real thick IDK lol
Old 01-17-2013, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have rebuilds on the shelf, if you ask real nice, I still am willing to just send you one. I do not recall what we discussed in the past but if you treated me rude or talked down to me in any way, I dont take that. I expect to be talked to in a respectful manner regardless what the situation is. If Im not, I am not willing to work with a customer at all. I too deserve respect but Im ready to just move forward Things happen and its just insane how much can be done with an understand customer.
I agree no one should disrespect anyone, but people do and as the business its your job to be the bigger person and try to please them and that will go a long way, whether you believe their wrong or not. Un less they say something about you personaly then that's a different story. I mean if I was to buy a turbo and spend hard earned money for it to be **** or defective I'd be upset also. (Not saying your turbos or being specific towards any brand). Just I'm opinion.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:58 PM
FormerVendor

And I understand that completely, but if you are not going to come to me for help, why just sit here and stir the pot? You know what Im saying, I wouldnt have even asked questions, I would have gotten him a rebuild kit if he wanted. Instead he just posted here, not looking for help and wouldn't take help as shown already. There is no good I can do here for him. I offered a rebuild, he doesnt want it.

At this point we dont even know what the issue is. There could be a number of things that could be wrong and its just Im the first one to point a finger at. There are no filters on there, something could have went through the turbo, issue with oiling, anything.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree u weren't given a chance to correct the issue or try to help him, but he has said he had a bad experience dealing with On3 and this is not the first person iv heard say this. But every company has a few people with bad experience's, it's impossible to please everyone. I'm sure you would have attempted to help if given a chance.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:40 PM
Launching!

if you all want a scape goat I can be it, I am just providing my experience both now and the 3 times I have dealt with them prior. Which were 1 buying turbos/gates, 2 calling to get flanges and told they would be sent, 3 talking again with on3 about the gates to no avail. So i just ordered tial vbands from RPS and what would you know no more problems. Now this happens, why would I want to get the run around again? It is a cheap quality/price turbo. I don't care to have another I will just wait to buy a nice pair.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Clearly I was joking around and you have zero sense of humor..... If I didnt ship flanges, I must of been out of stock at the moment. You are making this out like I just told you too bad, did you talk to me or Mike. I honestly talk to way too many people to know everyone on a first name basis and this just isnt something IM going to do.
Is this the same Mike you blamed all of your problems on before?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I hate to say it, but this is the reason I went Procharger. It sure is tempting when a turbo costs 1/4 of what a procharger does, but it's an empty feeling when **** hits the fan and you're out of warranty only after a month.

To the original poster, hopefully you can get things squared away with ON3. To ON3, I'd be pissed to if I ordered something and never got it. But that seems to be the case with turbo companies.
Not neccessarily so, turbonetics offers a great warranty deal. Ive had a turbo go out before the warranty time expired and turbonetics took care of it in a timely manner. With zero drama or excuses. I think the tc series turbos are the best bang for the buck, proven and with a warranty. Have piece of mind and know it is a proven reliable product.
I have one turbonetics on one build. It may be time for a rebuild on it. It has been workin 650rw for 7yrs now. Cant ask for more than that.
I cant afford the no name ebay chinese **** to take out my motor. I dont get off to abuse til it pops.
"pay now, or pay later. But make no mistake, you will pay one way or another"

Last edited by NemeSS; 01-18-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like to see threads where problems get worked out and big with big opinions and not much knowledge get shut down(people who compare dollar store toys to Neiman-Marcus toys), or they are trying to prove a point by using the wrong methods. Anyway, hopefully something gets worked out, I'd hate to see another turbo company go down hill. I'm not PR guy, but how much does a rebuild kit cost? Would it be worth it to try to save face and send him one for free? Kind of an apology for his bad experience and another shot at having a partially to mostly happy customer?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:11 AM
On The Tree

I am sorry to hear that ren and i hope you find a solution fo this.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:14 AM
Launching!

go to corral.net if you wanna see on3 problems.....pages of them..
Old 01-18-2013, 04:19 AM
Launching!

this is the customer service you are getting guys....there is a reason they have been ran off of corral.net and TTF

Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 AM
Captain Double Post

Silver sleeper,so they sold you a name brand product at a name brand price,and sent ya a knock off ?thats crazy,talk about false advertising, this is kinda why i ignored the cheap prices and went toward huron speed,no offense to anyone in this thread but if im going to spend money cs is important,i mean i just had a bad experience with spec,best believe they will never get a dime from me again,but that was horrible,spent alot of money only lasted 2 months and now have to do a clutch all over again,if there is something i hate its buying something twice
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I sell something to someone....I have a LOG,...if it is NOT in stock,..it will back order, or atleast put it under the customers name,..so it's pretty easy to see if they actually ordered something, if they actually paid something, or if we owe something. No memory needed...the system does it for me/us. No he said, she said bullshit. Any business, should have something like this. Otherwise...**** happens. Sorry to the op for the hassles. If I had a turbo laying around like that, i'd give you one.

Best wishes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 91sonomast
I like to see threads where problems get worked out and big with big opinions and not much knowledge get shut down(people who compare dollar store toys to Neiman-Marcus toys), or they are trying to prove a point by using the wrong methods. Anyway, hopefully something gets worked out, I'd hate to see another turbo company go down hill. I'm not PR guy, but how much does a rebuild kit cost? Would it be worth it to try to save face and send him one for free? Kind of an apology for his bad experience and another shot at having a partially to mostly happy customer?
If you did read the above posts, I offered a rebuild kit. He does not have any interest in one
Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
go to corral.net if you wanna see on3 problems.....pages of them..
You can have problems with anything you do aftermarket and you will see 10x more pages of satisfied customers that love the kits.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
When I sell something to someone....I have a LOG,...if it is NOT in stock,..it will back order, or atleast put it under the customers name,..so it's pretty easy to see if they actually ordered something, if they actually paid something, or if we owe something. No memory needed...the system does it for me/us. No he said, she said bullshit. Any business, should have something like this. Otherwise...**** happens. Sorry to the op for the hassles. If I had a turbo laying around like that, i'd give you one.

Best wishes
Thats a good idea but we use quickbooks which tracks all of it automatically.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just reading the way on3 is posting on here would keep me from spending any $$ with them ever.

i am very happy with my PTE turbos and the customer support they came with.they fixed both turbos for free. the failure was 100% MY FAULT and they still fixed both turbos for free after the warranty had expired. i had them back in less then a week.

i just cant believe that ON3 would teat/talk to a customer (on a major msg. board non the less)

-alex

Last edited by runsfromdacops; 01-18-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silver Sleeper
this is the customer service you are getting guys....there is a reason they have been ran off of corral.net and TTF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g763A2W9yrQ
I wanted one of their a/c kits but after that, how the hell can I take a chance that it will even be the kit I ordered? If its not then what, pay 20% restocking fee for them sending the wrong **** in the first place? Hell, they cant even get their home page info correct for what kit is what( non a/c or a/c).
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

i was giving on3 the benefit of the doubt with the issue that the op posted and was planning on buying their ac kit but to then see what happened to silver sleeper is totally messed up. and the fact that on3 had noting to even say about the vid means to me that its true. i would understand buying a kit from them and the turbo craping out, but to be sent a knock off when you ordered a name brand that their site specifically stated is total bs

Quick Reply: On3 turbo woe's