Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

On3 turbo woe's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you not read in my other posts what my experience has been with them in the past? did you not see I have another turbo working fine no more than a foot and a half away? I am just trying to help people before they get the same treatment I did.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ren987
Did you not read in my other posts what my experience has been with them in the past? did you not see I have another turbo working fine no more than a foot and a half away? I am just trying to help people before they get the same treatment I did.
With that same logic, next time #7 piston fails, blame it on GM for a faulty piston because it is only 5/16" away from #5.

Too many variables can play a factor in your failure. Post legit results when it's taken apart to show others failure.

Customer service is a big deal and very important, however none of us know the conversation and/or attempts.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Just trying to save people from the sting of cheap Chinese turbo's and poor customer service. I can't help that you don't know my history with on3, but i will update this when i get it off the car.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Throw a gt45 on it and be done!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Launching!

That would be pretty funny. An on3 and a gt45 it would look a little lop sided!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

well its a shame you feel that way. i hope your next experience with automotive products is a positive one. Damn shame you wont give a small company a chance to fix your issue and keep you happy.
Ive always see it like this, when a company screws somthing up, thats your opportunity to milk um for all you cna get out of them. The nicer you are to them, the better you will get your issue resolved.

for example, I had another ebay item have a problem with EMUSA. I ordered a 31" intercooler; single in/out... they sent me a twin turbo interooler... I contacted them and with in the same day they found a replacement and sent it out fed ex with a return shipping lable for the wrong intercooler.... unfortunatly when i got the intercooler it was the right size but they sent me a "delta-fin" intercooler, i ordered a bar and plate...
SOOO i called them again and they looked around their inventory and unfortunatly didnt have the 31"x11"x3" 3" in/out in stock and wouldnt for awhile, so instead they ask if i would be willing to take a simular size with 31"x11"x3" 2.75" in/out AND as a bonus the new intercooler had mounting tabs and harware, and they sent me replace ment quality couplers to adapt this intercooler to my piping since the other couplers i had already bought were for a 3" intercooler, and of course return fedex shiping lable.
EMUSA was all over it and their customer service was on point.

Another one like this and its with a more widely known F-body contributor is 6LE Designs.. I have been waiting for an entire year to get my final product for the rear valance diffuser for firebirds. The first 3 they sent didnt fit AT ALL and i sent pictures and even destoyed 2 of them and sent pictures for them so i could get a new one. Its come to light that their manufacture plant didnt measure the molds right and entire batches were screwed up so they had to retool and retest... all this has been happening since dec 2011 and its now 2013 but i just toch base with them every so often to see how its going. If any of you all rememeber these valances are more then some of your average china turbo. I have $400 tied into this and im still waiting but im being patient and underestanding. i am getting alittle antzy but i can still wait. 6LE is still a great company and the customer service has been all over it to help me out.

**** happens, get over it. if you go through your whole life like this, your gonna be a miserable human being your whole exsistance on this little planet. THe big name turbos fail too. **** happens.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Teching In

did you have a restrictor on the turbo feed,oil filtered,turbo properly broken in? i just got one of these turbos and i know it will be a hit or miss but thats the gamble im taking. i plan on doing everything i can to make it last
Old 01-17-2013, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
well its a shame you feel that way. i hope your next experience with automotive products is a positive one. Damn shame you wont give a small company a chance to fix your issue and keep you happy.
Ive always see it like this, when a company screws somthing up, thats your opportunity to milk um for all you cna get out of them. The nicer you are to them, the better you will get your issue resolved.

for example, I had another ebay item have a problem with EMUSA. I ordered a 31" intercooler; single in/out... they sent me a twin turbo interooler... I contacted them and with in the same day they found a replacement and sent it out fed ex with a return shipping lable for the wrong intercooler.... unfortunatly when i got the intercooler it was the right size but they sent me a "delta-fin" intercooler, i ordered a bar and plate...
SOOO i called them again and they looked around their inventory and unfortunatly didnt have the 31"x11"x3" 3" in/out in stock and wouldnt for awhile, so instead they ask if i would be willing to take a simular size with 31"x11"x3" 2.75" in/out AND as a bonus the new intercooler had mounting tabs and harware, and they sent me replace ment quality couplers to adapt this intercooler to my piping since the other couplers i had already bought were for a 3" intercooler, and of course return fedex shiping lable.

Another one like this and its with a more widely known F-body contributor is 6LE Designs.. I have been waiting for an entire year to get my final product for the rear valance diffuser for firebirds. The first 3 they sent didnt fit AT ALL and i sent pictures and even destoyed 2 of them and sent pictures for them so i could get a new one. Its come to light that their manufacture plant didnt measure the molds right and entire batches were screwed up so they had to retool and retest... all this has been happening since dec 2011 and its now 2013 but i just toch base with them every so often to see how its going. If any of you all rememeber these valances are more then some of your average china turbo. I have $400 tied into this and im still waiting but im being patient and underestanding. i am getting alittle antzy but i can still wait. 6LE is still a great company and the customer service has been all over it to help me out.

**** happens, get over it. if you go through your whole life like this, your gonna be a miserable human being your whole exsistance on this little planet. THe big name turbos fail too. **** happens.
cheezus with the long post, I already gave on3 two strikes he is out! The turbo is not restricted. It is using the proper oil line feed, and if it was an oil feed issue the turbo on the other side would be experiencing the same issue.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83

You said 6LE customer service is being awesome and trying to fix it. He said On3 customer service has treated him like dirt and wouldn't even send him flanges that he was supposed to get......I'm sure if they were awesome to him he would be in contact with them. I don't see how we missed that. Their customer service hasn't been good.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Launching!

-double post-
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-double post-
Im with ya man. If something F-ed up on my setup Id want it to be fixed as long as it wasnt my fault. If your problem is a manufacturing defect and on3 wont fix it provided its still in warranty then I wont be buying their a/c kit. Thats crappy buisness from my point of view and I dont have the money to buy 2nd's for what shouldnt have happend in the first place. Give them aannootthheerr try, you might be surprised now that they are a sponsor and this thread has some views... On another note I noticed they still havent fixed their site to include an accurate description or picture of both kits and I brought that to thier attention a month ago...

Last edited by JRENIGAR; 01-17-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 91sonomast
You said 6LE customer service is being awesome and trying to fix it. He said On3 customer service has treated him like dirt and wouldn't even send him flanges that he was supposed to get......I'm sure if they were awesome to him he would be in contact with them. I don't see how we missed that. Their customer service hasn't been good.
very true, however those companys have been around for quite awhile and have had time to setup a customer service department that im sure is trained in that area to make you feel all happy and warm inside while blowing sunshine up your ***. thats what their jobs are. ON3 is a very small starter company that might have a hand full of employees thats main focus is fabricating and making products. im bet few if not any of them have a buisness managment degree so when their customer service isnt on par with those bigger better companys, OH WELL. It costs money to hire people with that kind of back ground. ITs very rare to get a car guy thats "people friendly" anymore. THis isnt your ma and pa store anymore. Now days generation has become a society of rude and disrespectful people because parents havnt taught them respect and manners like they use to. NOw you have to go to college to "learn" how to do it.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

To the OP.... not even worth posting here

Waaay too many china leg humpers around here
Old 01-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Launching!

Their customer service has been bad for over a year. Go check out mustang forums
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

to each his own. Everyone has a comfot level. Go buy a $3000 turbo if it makes you feel better. if that what it take to clear you conscience so be it. its america and you enitlted to your own opnions and decisions. let us know how it goes. Hope your next turbo project has better luck.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
8 Second Club

Received 121 Likes on 90 Posts

3300 bucks? Put the pipe down

He could have a pair of bw 366s for under 1500
Old 01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Ok im a few hundred dollars off but not by much.

i talking about the top of the line profession turbos.
heres one just for an example right off ebay that comparable size to an On3 T76 that he would get if he wanted a top dollar turbo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Precision-76...d59bbb&vxp=mtr

1500 is the middle turbos. he seems to have rediculous high standards like my father in law so im just putting the big new shiny turbo out there. he bought a cheap turbo and was disappointed, so heres a nice big expensive well known name branded precision turbo that everyone know about and has used. You want big company customer service, you pay big company turbo prices.

heres another for a turbonetics thats around the 1500 price range thats again in the 76mm range
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbonetics-...fe6f30&vxp=mtr

Hell, the new Compturbo turbos are in the $2500-3000 range for their oiless turbos, if that aint a tough pill to swallow.

then it goes down hill from there. heres some helpful suggestions since he dosent want to go cheap on his next turbos, if he finds them used then obviously he can get it cheaper. hes made up his mind so no need to keep pressing him to keep buying ON3. he isnt going to and that his business.

id suggest that he investigate the current problem so that everything is kosher in his current build so that he doesnt have any issues with his next turbo if there happen to be an unforseen obstrutions to the turbo from somewhere other then the turbo. Dont want the same thing happening to a 3x expensive turbo. Make sure its just the turbo that causing the problem and not not a piece of welding slag that got sucked up into the turbo and is bedded into the housing but is causing enough obstruction to catch the wheel or somthing like that. you have to fully diagnosis the problem.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 01-17-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Launching!

BW turbos are my favorite then garrett.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

gottcha, here a nice one very simular to to the T76.
Brand new wise its not that expensive for a name brand turbo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Borg-Warner-...78c490&vxp=mtr
Old 01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

BW turbos are my favorite then garrett.
Yup BW turbo's are great. I'm just glade you didn't destroy a nice expensive turbo.

Quick Reply: On3 turbo woe's