Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How to Microsquirt fuel and spark your LSX swap (sloppy mechanics how to!) 8-10-13

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Correct as the wide band ground is to power the internal sensor heater element.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:52 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by SethU
Thank you. Good general info. Sounds like I'm not missing anything given it's a speed density MicroSquirt LSx deal inspired by this thread.

So, ALL sensors on a Micro LSx go to sensor ground, with the exception of the wideband O2 12v heater element ground.

Thanks for this thread D. So much good info.
NO wire from a wideband sensor will go directly to the megasquirt.

All the wires from the sensor will go into the wideband controller, from there yes there would be a power ground that goes to battery/chassis ground.
Old 04-20-2016, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
NO wire from a wideband sensor will go directly to the megasquirt.

All the wires from the sensor will go into the wideband controller, from there yes there would be a power ground that goes to battery/chassis ground.
Good point. Specificity... Rarely a bad thing.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:24 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell that to my wife Seth!

I just started wiring (running wires and trying to figure out what goes where)
the micro to a ls6 on a Airboat- I wanted to get it running without turbo's first then add them in as a part 2....... My question is should I upload a 'stock'ish tune instead of the preloaded turbo tune it came with?
Or will it run ok as is without BEWST????

Off to find a v6 maf plug this afternoon!

Thank you so much Matt. And everybody else that helps out around here.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

It will fire and run somewhat okay, but a little longer for the auto tune to dial in the upper kpa area.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone gone from running a 24x wheel then switch to a 58x? I understand all of the differences, but I was told that the 58x sensor can still be used with the 12V reference, rather than the 5V. Has anyone been successful doing this?
Old 07-29-2016, 02:14 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by svslow
Has anyone gone from running a 24x wheel then switch to a 58x? I understand all of the differences, but I was told that the 58x sensor can still be used with the 12V reference, rather than the 5V. Has anyone been successful doing this?

yes yes and yes

yes
Old 08-10-2016, 03:46 PM
Teching In

looking at a 5.3 turbo build for the street, dont know anything about tuning. is the microsquirt modded for lsx and the microsquirt trans controller a good street option or should i use the factory ecu and harness and pay someone to tune it. Also ive seen others saying that if you want A/C the micro isnt an option, why is this? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a complete noob to the whole fuel injection/tuning game.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

Go with the MS3 Gold Box for turbo and micro for trans. The new gold box has everything built in including Barometric pressure sensor.
http://www.efisource.com/shop/ms3-lsx-plug-and-play/
Old 08-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Teching In

i was looking at the micro with denmah's turbo tune and wire it yourself harness due to budgetary reasons. is the reason behind not using micro for street vehicles ie vehicles with A/C due to no idle air control? if so is efisources idle air control packade an option along side the micro? also have you used the micro for trans?if so how does it work?
Old 08-10-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

I have not used the micro engine controller just simply because eventually I will end up using all the Gold Box features. The micro for trans works pretty much like OEM and communicates with all of their engine conttollers.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrperformance
Go with the MS3 Gold Box for turbo and micro for trans. The new gold box has everything built in including Barometric pressure sensor.
http://www.efisource.com/shop/ms3-lsx-plug-and-play/
Man, I thought the point of the megasquirt was to be low cost !!. That box is near the price of a real controller.
Old 09-16-2016, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gjestico
Man, I thought the point of the megasquirt was to be low cost !!. That box is near the price of a real controller.
$1200 is half the price of the Holley Dominator, ProEFI, FAST, etc. But don't let facts get in the way of your mediocre, unfounded opinion.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Please define a "real controller" for me. If it's something for signicanlty more money and less capability then you'd be correct.
Old 09-16-2016, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

$1250 for a brand new plug and plug harness and controller that does just about everything right out of the box is extremely cheap. Holley Dominator will run well over $2000 for some features and everything is an added cost from there to have more.
Old 09-17-2016, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by b00sted
$1200 is half the price of the Holley Dominator, ProEFI, FAST, etc. But don't let facts get in the way of your mediocre, unfounded opinion.
Hah ! Holley HP efi is $1700 and can do everything and more. wideband included, self tuning, and massive holley factory support. Also is enviro sealed and can be mounted underhood. Whats megasquirt got for factory support ? If you understood code, maybe, but You don't know $hit.

But, Megasquirt has its place for those guys who want to spend hours looking thru the "help" forums and tinkering endelessly. It can be made to run with the best, no doubt. Just hope you aren't paying anyone for the dozens of hours it takes to do so.

Last edited by gjestico; 09-17-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think you have half a clue.

The $1700 HP version offers traction control? Multiple progressive controllers? Because my $1200 MS3 Pro does that and a lot more. The MS3 is also in a sealed case that can be mounted anywhere...As was the $400 Microsquirt I ran before that.

But hey, keep telling yourself whatever you need to in order to justify paying more for less.

This was on a $400 Microsquirt btw..The nitrous kit on this car probably makes more power than your entire combo:

I think the full-featured Dominator version from Holley is great. My buddy runs one and loves it. But to sit here and dismiss Megasquirt based on random things you read on forums is just fanboy ****.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Looks like the MS doesnt have any anti-wheelie....
Old 09-17-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha. Technically I could do that, but so could any computer that can read a digital or analog input and pull timing/etc. I was actually going to use a laser rangefinder on the front of the car and an Arduino to tell the MS3 if/when to pull timing or even turn off the kit momentarily.

That pic was at a no-prep race and was actually the result of taking a little power out of it to get it down the track. It dead hooked and went on the bumper twice. But got a ****-ton of views on 1320video.

Facebook Post
Old 09-17-2016, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Awesome there boosted. Looks like you have some experience. As do I. Can we drop the insults ?

I never dismissed msquirt. I have used it . Its capable. But are we talkin race cars or street cars here ? Your shots look like the former. Is ultimate dragstrip power the measure of the efi units capability ? Or is overall ease of use and tuning also a factor ?

That box that was linked, that i commented on, does not look enviro sealed ??. So which version of the many beta firmwares do you run ? Aso does your box have an integral wideband controller ?

Yes, the basic holley HP box has 3 stage nitrous, wet or dry, fully progressive with airfuel limits and also fuel pressure monitoring. Built in wideband controller too.!. And yes it can do traction control with the davis box (seperate).

Quick Reply: How to Microsquirt fuel and spark your LSX swap (sloppy mechanics how to!) 8-10-13