Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

denmah's commonly bought turbo car items (update 7-11-16)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not running one either (based on denmah's suggestion) for over a year now. Was checking my shaft play yesterday. Still tight and no issues whatsoever.

For an automatic, you don't need one because you aren't letting off the accelerator between shifts (closing the TB blade, backing up pressure, and slowing the turbo down between gear shifts, then respooling it up afterwards). The throttle body blades are always open and air is flowing.

For most of us running less than 20psi boost, the backpressure we build when we finish a race (Final let off of the accelerator pedal and closing of the TB blade) is not more than the pressure the turbo is capable of producing anyway. We get a little turbo flutter (shu shus shus shus shuuuu), but nothing that is severely detrimental to the turbo.

So, with all that said, one less system to deal with makes the whole thing simpler.

That's generally why, in a nutshell, you don't need to run a BOV on an automatic. Others chime in if I missed something or messed something up.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by denmah
are you talking about the denmah kit?
its universal, you have to create everything, its just the key pieces
the turbos with the kit can cover a big hp range
im aware that i would have to fabricate the exhaust good thing i know how to weld, what would be other necesary modifications in order for this kit to work on my completely stock 2002 5.3l vortec thanks for helping im really interested to be the first one in my area to run a turbo instead of a supercharger
Old 10-26-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HRHohio
Not running one either (based on denmah's suggestion) for over a year now. Was checking my shaft play yesterday. Still tight and no issues whatsoever.

For an automatic, you don't need one because you aren't letting off the accelerator between shifts (closing the TB blade, backing up pressure, and slowing the turbo down between gear shifts, then respooling it up afterwards). The throttle body blades are always open and air is flowing.

For most of us running less than 20psi boost, the backpressure we build when we finish a race (Final let off of the accelerator pedal and closing of the TB blade) is not more than the pressure the turbo is capable of producing anyway. We get a little turbo flutter (shu shus shus shus shuuuu), but nothing that is severely detrimental to the turbo.

So, with all that said, one less system to deal with makes the whole thing simpler.

That's generally why, in a nutshell, you don't need to run a BOV on an automatic. Others chime in if I missed something or messed something up.
Thanks Ho
Old 10-26-2013, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone know what methanol injection kit denmah orders? That link isnt working. Would appreciate if someone could link me to it
Old 10-29-2013, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i get questions alot, am i allowed to post up a list of common turbo car stuff i buy and use and links to them or is that some kinda sponsor trouble?

i plan to update the thread and link people to it in my sig or something, ill wait till someone says its ok before i post it all in here haha

[B]

this is the 4l80e transgo HD2 kit we install in 4l80e's
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/trg-4l80e-hd2

this is the radiator that i put in fox body cars, we also sometimes make them dual pass and move the neck to all on the passenger side to make hooking up the water hoses easier.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-380431

intercooler and coupler kits
you can get from VS racing and ebay for like
199 dollars for a 30x12x3 wich will handle lots of power, comes with piping, clamps, couplers, works great.
you can get 4 inch intercooler and 3 inch piping etc they are easy to find if you need links let us know we can dig em up but ebay is littered with them.
Thank you so much! I have a route that brings me thru your town often, I keep waiting to see you going down the freeway testing your car! If you hear a blue Big truck blowing the horn, that's me! A lot of good info here. I got to get bigger injectors, and have no idea what to get, but I have 60lbs now, but not sure of the plug style, I have a truck harness, but they sent me adapter plugs to use.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
Thank you so much! I have a route that brings me thru your town often, I keep waiting to see you going down the freeway testing your car! If you hear a blue Big truck blowing the horn, that's me! A lot of good info here. I got to get bigger injectors, and have no idea what to get, but I have 60lbs now, but not sure of the plug style, I have a truck harness, but they sent me adapter plugs to use.
I'm going to use 60lbs. on my build because I had them from a different project. They will work to a certain hp range, they won't max the turbo out but they get you some good numbers I imagine.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron_Stoppable
Does anyone know what methanol injection kit denmah orders? That link isnt working. Would appreciate if someone could link me to it
i get the cooling mist cheapest kit, i can get you an ebay link quick, they stopped selling it for a while, it has a check valve and a hobb switch and that is basically it.

i dont like the one with the solenoid and i dont like controllers, i just want them to come in all on when they hit a certain pressure and i will tune around it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-psi-water-alcohol-methanol-injection-kit-turbo-sc-/111008602801?pt=Race_Car_Parts&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d8a0dab1
Old 10-30-2013, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ironfreak
I'm going to use 60lbs. on my build because I had them from a different project. They will work to a certain hp range, they won't max the turbo out but they get you some good numbers I imagine.
i think 60s can do like 650-700whp in most gasoline applications
Old 11-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

I'm catching up on the parts list.
I have a ls6 cam in my 5.3 LM7 build.
Do I have to change the pushrods?
Do you have a part number if I do?
thanks,
david

Last edited by 6t7gto; 11-01-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Matt is this the one you don't like?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300995081859?item=300995081859&autorefresh=true
Old 11-03-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't feel like tapping or modifying the port above the oil cooler you can use this piece in place of or in conjunction with the factory oil pressure sender. I simply told the seller to give me one with (3) 1/8th holes (for a twin turbo project and cheap Sunco oil pressure sender) With a 1/8th 4an adapter and 5ft of 4an nitrous line, I had the means to feed two turbos with no issues.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171155352677...84.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Oil-Pressure-Sender-Adapter-LS1-LS2-LSx-16mm-x-1-8-NPT-/171154664351?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27d99ceb9f&vxp=mtr
Old 11-03-2013, 10:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

i get the cooling mist cheapest kit, i can get you an ebay link quick, they stopped selling it for a while, it has a check valve and a hobb switch and that is basically it.

i dont like the one with the solenoid and i dont like controllers, i just want them to come in all on when they hit a certain pressure and i will tune around it!
Thats one thing I was nervous about with running a boost pressure switch reliant system. What if the pressure switch malfunctions.. same goes with controller but it seems safer. Do you use stock reservoir matt?
200 PSI Water Alcohol Methanol Injection Kit Turbo SC | eBay
Thats one thing I was nervous about with running a boost pressure switch reliant system. What if the pressure switch malfunctions.. same goes with controller but it seems safer. Do you use stock reservoir matt?
Old 11-04-2013, 08:46 AM

yeah i drill the stock washer fluid unit and put the screw in plug they supply in the bottom
Old 11-04-2013, 08:47 AM

if not i get a coolant tank or something from the auto store, anything that holds liquid will work fine
Old 11-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Launching!

was wondering if 5w30 oil is still ok or should I go thicker.... running it now but at 190 the oil pressure drops down a lot lower than it did with the Pro Charger
Old 11-07-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by 6t7gto
I'm catching up on the parts list.
I have a ls6 cam in my 5.3 LM7 build.
Do I have to change the pushrods?
Do you have a part number if I do?
thanks,
david
people say the base lobe is shorter, so you need longer pushrods, but i think most of the people i know running the ls6 cam are running stock pushrods and rockers, i know i would.

Camvic is running a ls6 cam in his 9 sec ride, i doubt he bought pushrods but we can wait for him to answer

Originally Posted by Punisher_ws7
was wondering if 5w30 oil is still ok or should I go thicker.... running it now but at 190 the oil pressure drops down a lot lower than it did with the Pro Charger
i run 15-40 fairly heavy oil, these damn turbo motors tear up the oil pretty fast. i like the heavy ****
Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 AM
Staging Lane

Denmah,
TY for the reply.
david
Old 11-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Launching!

what brand oil? Rotella? what about the tollerances???
Old 11-17-2013, 08:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default Digital gauge?

What's the name of that gauge that denmah uses for inlet temp,speed, etc. the digital one. Think he said eBay but don't know the name Thanks
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gsxrred1000
What's the name of that gauge that denmah uses for inlet temp,speed, etc. the digital one. Think he said eBay but don't know the name Thanks
Ultragauge. I bought one for 69 bucks off their website and it works great. like a poor man's racepac lol

Quick Reply: denmah's commonly bought turbo car items (update 7-11-16)