Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ON3Performance No A/C Ls1 Camaro REVIEW PICS VIDEO GREAT KIT!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, haha sorry about that, its been a long few days, not much sleep and Im getting delirious. I literally just read your email before posting that so no idea why I even put Matt.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol no biggie. I know you guys are busy as hell.

On another note. The motor is now in the car and fitment still seems great. The quality of this kit is truly amazing. I am gonna try to get to the radiator, and pusher fans as well as the intercooler and cold pipes tomorrow. So i will update the thread when they are done. I have been busy with replacing the stock clitch with a monster stage 4 clutch kit from tick with the slave and master cylinders and the nine inch rear swap. Now that they are just about done, its time to get back to the turbo stuff.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

very nice looking kit. How much the kit cost?
Old 03-20-2013, 04:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Been seriously considering this kit... We'll see, after this deployment's over

Not to threadjack... But On3Perfermance, I had a question for you...

Seeing as a scavenging pump is already required... Could you, say, run a sandwich plate adapter for an oil cooler, with the outlet as the feed line to the turbo, then have the turbo drain going to a scavenging pump, then to the return on the adapter?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fastsspr
very nice looking kit. How much the kit cost?
non-ac kit is $1875

Originally Posted by roninsonic
Been seriously considering this kit... We'll see, after this deployment's over

Not to threadjack... But On3Perfermance, I had a question for you...

Seeing as a scavenging pump is already required... Could you, say, run a sandwich plate adapter for an oil cooler, with the outlet as the feed line to the turbo, then have the turbo drain going to a scavenging pump, then to the return on the adapter?
No if both sides would be seeing pressure thats not going to work. You would want to use our oil feed billet fitting or tap your factory block for the turbo supply.

Im pretty sure I follow the question but if Im wrong correct me
Old 03-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Great looking build!!!!! Got a question, does your ls1 have a stock bottom end and compression ratio? Are the CR's 10.0 to 1 on a ls1??

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Think stock compression is around there. This is a stock bottom end car with 317 heads which drop compression a little.
So far the build is coming along great. Down pipe was a littke tricky but not too bad. I would suggest better band clamps but the ones that come with the kit will do fine for a littke while. At this point we are installing the pusher fans to the radiator and wiring them and then tomorrow we should finish that and start on the intercooler and cold pipes and hopefully the "shomespeed" dual walbro 340 fuel pump kit. After that its just vacuum lines and buttoning up some small stuff and she will be ready to roll.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Well, how bout it?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor

I was going to vband the downpipe from turbo back but it didnt fit though the engine mount area well. So we went with the lap bands and its more adjustable and leaves you more room to work with.

I just opened a new mould for a throttle body coupler to make it fit a little more clean between the radiator. Ill have to post up a few photos once I have that on the car. The bend radius is just really tight there and this allows for a quicker bend and the pipe can mate up a little better.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

...no matter what I buy, design improvements happen the week after mine ships. *sigh*
Old 03-25-2013, 02:24 PM
FormerVendor

Its not something thats even included, we will stock them and you can always change it out. Im not one to leave a kit the way it sits, I have tons of ideas and try to improve upon what I have always.

Its far from required I just like the way it cleans it up. We actually did this for the lsx foxbody as well since it was needed and works well on both applications after fitting it. Not to mention guys building custom kits have asked so its just something we will offer as a part or upgrade to a kit if needed
Old 03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Please post a picture of it with a price.

The kit looks good so far. The quality seems decent, especially for the price.

Waiting my K-member, should arrive today. I think I need a bigger turbine, really wish your T88 was ready. I've tried using some online calculators for sizing, and it's a little overwhelming because there are just too many variables that I don't have exact values for. I may have to limit RPMs for a while.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Capricio

Waiting my K-member, should arrive today. I think I need a bigger turbine, really wish your T88 was ready. I've tried using some online calculators for sizing, and it's a little overwhelming because there are just too many variables that I don't have exact values for. I may have to limit RPMs for a while.
X2 on the T88...
Old 03-25-2013, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

So far so good. I have been working on my own car since it came back from paint this week so this car has been on the owner to work on for now. He is working on wiring up the pusher fans and all that good stuff before then he will mount the intercooler and cold pipes and we have to do the shomespeed dual 255 walbro fuel pump kit on both of our cars and then we should be done so we should have more to talk about soon. But so far everything has been great.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
X2 on the T88...

What power are you guys going for? The 88mm is still just not set in stone for when it will be released. Everything is tentative and till I have set info, I really dont want to post pricing
Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't need a lot of power, or a lot of boost. We're putting together a 100% street application. I spoke to Adam about it on the phone but you were busy. I'm just concerned my displacement, 7.0 L, is too big for 76mm and will create excessive back pressure. My compression is super low, like 8.7:1. I have about 410 RWHP NA through an A4 right now. I think like 8 lbs of boost would put me close to 600, which is currently about all my fuel system can handle. I tried running some numbers thr ough the squirrel calculator online. It seems like I'm gonna have to limit my RPMs to keep pressure ratios under control, but again, I'm not confident about what I'm putting into the calculator.

Will your 88 go into the smaller housing, like a pt8847? Or how much larger will it be? Would it still fit with your AC kit?

I was asking for pricing and pictures on intake piece, not the T88.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:10 PM
FormerVendor

Ill post photos of the coupler later and as far as the 88 just swapping out, its going to take fabrication to run that turbo. Its designed for a 3.5" outlet where your kit is designed for a 3"

I do recall you on the phone with him and going over all that. At the power level your looking for, its just not going to be a problem. Thats why I told him to set you up like that and if you were going over that goal, thats why we were saying leave the turbo out. For where your going to be, the 76mm will work fine
Old 03-26-2013, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by On 3 Performance
Its not something thats even included, we will stock them and you can always change it out. Im not one to leave a kit the way it sits, I have tons of ideas and try to improve upon what I have always.

Its far from required I just like the way it cleans it up. We actually did this for the lsx foxbody as well since it was needed and works well on both applications after fitting it. Not to mention guys building custom kits have asked so its just something we will offer as a part or upgrade to a kit if needed
Are the lsx foxbody kits ever going to be produced?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just concerned my displacement, 7.0 L, is too big for 76mm and will create excessive back pressure.
This is a pretty aggravating myth. 700 HP worth of exhaust gases is going to be about the same volume whether its on a 7.0L or 1.4L. Infact it'll probably be less on the 7.0L due to reduced heat (less boost pressure required to make that amount of power). Don't judge backpressure based on displacement size, base it on the amount of power you want to get and the size of the turbine you're going to be trying to push it through.

With that being said, is there any chance of a larger turbine wheel becoming available on the 76mm? The 65mm exducer is tiny. Smaller turbos with a larger turbine will be able to make more power due to the compressor on the 76mm being able to produce more power than the turbine can handle. A 76/75 would be GREAT, and probably open up the 76mm turbos to another 100 hp.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:16 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tweek
Are the lsx foxbody kits ever going to be produced?
Yes I have designed a kit but to go from a design to a production kit it takes a decent amount of time. We have to still get pre-production kits ran, test fit, make any changes before moving forward into production. Im expecting late summer for the kit but we will have to see, its for sure going into production though

Originally Posted by HexenLord
This is a pretty aggravating myth. 700 HP worth of exhaust gases is going to be about the same volume whether its on a 7.0L or 1.4L. Infact it'll probably be less on the 7.0L due to reduced heat (less boost pressure required to make that amount of power). Don't judge backpressure based on displacement size, base it on the amount of power you want to get and the size of the turbine you're going to be trying to push it through.

With that being said, is there any chance of a larger turbine wheel becoming available on the 76mm? The 65mm exducer is tiny. Smaller turbos with a larger turbine will be able to make more power due to the compressor on the 76mm being able to produce more power than the turbine can handle. A 76/75 would be GREAT, and probably open up the 76mm turbos to another 100 hp.
Im working on getting an option for a larger wheel. Its for sure something down the road we will have

As for the custom coupler I was mentioning, here it is:

Name:  DSC06545_zps33a8ffc3.jpg
Views: 3383
Size:  47.0 KB

Quick Reply: ON3Performance No A/C Ls1 Camaro REVIEW PICS VIDEO GREAT KIT!