Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

QMP 728rwhp Formula vs DLM 921rwhp Viper GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,208 Likes on 773 Posts

Neat race.

You spanked that 900rwhp Viper pretty bad.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think if you laid Rob's graph over the Vipers graph you would notice that Rob's graph rises in power and torque over a very short RPM span.. this is how supra graphs generally look with big hair dryers on them.. this lends itself to mind frying acceleration. remember that cars will accelerate their fastest at the torque peak.. well, when a turbo makes its power the torque and the power generally rise together during the boost rise. this means that the car is accelerating faster and faster during this spout. this is why the supras you'll run into from a roll are something else to deal with. I think Rob has nailed it on the money with the setup he is running. congrats Rob! very impressive ride you've built!

Chris
Old 04-21-2004, 06:50 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Way to kill a Viper..
Old 04-21-2004, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

He must of been so pissed . You didnt just beat him. You kick crap out of him.
Great job on representing the FBody. Im sure he will think twice next time he races one . Congrats Rob!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 01:30 AM
X
Teching In

Guys.. This is Moundir (viper owners) response to the post...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep saw one of our very own sell his beautiful S/C Vert Vette for a silly clown shoe. Well heres what happens to them. By the way the title is incorrectly labeled as a S/C Viper it is in fact a DLM TT Viper.
http://www.undergroundracing.com/video/video.htm
This is a Raymer post on the other forum for those of you asking if anybody had ever heard of him.

Of course it goes without saying, this was on a "closed course". The video turned out pretty dark (not my video), but basically what you can see is me spanking his butt! We raced on his terms, from a 35mph roll, and he blew the horn. We went until I shifted to 5th (about 150mph) and then I hit the brakes. By that time, I was out at least 4-5 car lengths on him. The guy was an arrogant butt and prior to the race, said I "wasn't worthy of lining up next to him in an old piece of poopie firebird." Needless to say, he was a bit embarassed when we got back to the hotel and his buddies watched the video. They claimed I must have lied about my HP numbers (I even showed them the dyno sheets from the night before), or that I was running NOS. I just told him to take it like a man.

The blowoff valve sound you here on the shifts is the new HKS Sequential BOV. At the track the next morning, his car went a 10.30 @ 145. John Hennessey raced him in his Twin Turbo SRT-10 the night before I did, and beat him by about 1-2 car lengths. They said that video will be posted there soon also.

*They incorrectly list the race as "Turbo Trans Am vs SC Viper" And also incorrectly state the HP as being 775, instead of 728.

[Modified by Shinobi'sZ, 7:12 AM 4/21/2004]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know I congradulated the Sob for beating me fair and square and this is the thanx I get, well f*(k you Rob you pos. You know I never said anything bad about you or your car, hell I dont even know who the F*(k you were Now you want to trash me on the forums you sure are a classy sob. Lets get a few facts straight, the race was on your terms from 40mph and you showed us a bs dyno that claimed only 730rwhp and low 700rwtq. You said in one of your posts that you made 850rwtq so that was not the same dyno sheet you showed us, you lieing pos I had nothing but nice things to say about your car and the race but you had to go ahead and lie about me and let's not forget what happened the next day at the track on my first pass of the car of the day and first time with slicks and skinies ever for me http://www.corvettekillstories.com/v...tta_drag-1.wmv
_______

MIKE
587rwhp 550rwtq
Old 04-22-2004, 01:39 AM
X
Teching In

Now heres my reply.. I'm an LS1 guy and always love to beat up on a viper.. But I'll tell you that i'm a street racer first...

Rob would not run again.. (for what ever reason) even when he was asked to run for money.. Unfortunaly some people dont fall for the hustle.. oh well on to the next... Watch the video of the track the next day... This was the vipers final run and rob's first....http://www.corvettekillstories.com/v...tta_drag-1.wmv

Rob was a nice guy and we enjoyed talking to him.. but by far he is not the next LPE....... I'm interested and getting a TT kit for my vette and he told me that he would warrenty the parts on the kit but not if it broke the motor.. WTF... anyone can build a TT kit.. but tuning it and making it last is what we really pay our cash for... so he has a long way to go to being an LPE.. I hope that with time he will be able to tune his cars and offer a complete warranty that us Vette owners are used to..

X
Old 04-22-2004, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by X
I'm interested and getting a TT kit for my vette and he told me that he would warrenty the parts on the kit but not if it broke the motor.. WTF... anyone can build a TT kit.. but tuning it and making it last is what we really pay our cash for... so he has a long way to go to being an LPE..
Right, he is a long way from being an LPE he does not hand you the KY and tell you to . I honestly have nothing against LPE, they have done incredible things in the past and are obviously the premier ls1 tuner. The are great for some people (the type who like to just spend money and then mash the pedal – much like the viper boys). I think rob is from a different camp. I'm sure LPE was from this same camp a long time ago when john was running the show, but those days are long gone now. It's all about the $$$s now. It's just what happens when you get big and start having a monster payroll.

Half the fun for most of the people here is building the car and trying out different combinations and sharing what they have learned.

LPE has basically done nothing to help out the true "get your hands dirty" enthusiast (from what I can tell). They are all about taking peoples money and keeping all of their work secret so they can make more money (I can't really blame them for that - it is a business after all), but they will never get a penny from me or most of the people around here.

Also, the warranty that LPE offers is not all that great. First of all, it is only valid if you keep everything exactly as it was when it left the shop and they will not warranty it if it has a boost controller on it. So you basically end up with a warranty on car running something like 8psi of boost and not all that much power (and you just paid 50,000). And it’s only the motor that is covered, so it is really not that good of a deal at all. Plus rob could pull up in his formula and spank you every which way but loose. For the LPE price, I could have 10 spare motors sitting in my garage. I can see where some people would be happy with the LPE experience (and that is cool with me), but don't try to talk down about other tuners just becase they don't follow the LPE model.

anyone can build a TT kit
You obviosly don't know what you are talking about. Is this a joke? The only thing anyone can do is mash the pedal and write a check (that is what anyone can do).

hope that with time he will be able to tune his cars and offer a complete warranty that us Vette owners are used to..
I think I'm going to
us vette owners have a bad enough reputation, we don't need people like you making it worse. Speak for yourself and please don't try to put us all in your camp.

I'm sorry for flame fest, but this whining is just getting out of hand around here lately and I'm sick of seeing it.

Last edited by QuickSilver2002; 04-22-2004 at 02:33 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No real opinions here, I just found that last post highly amusing.
Old 04-22-2004, 02:39 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X
Rob would not run again.. (for what ever reason) even when he was asked to run for money.. Unfortunaly some people dont fall for the hustle..

bingo........that would be my guess........the viper sandbagged in order to hustle for money.

rob trapped 136......the viper traps 145.....its simple logic.

im not trying to take anything away from rob, his kit is kickass, and the car is incredible.......but the viper has 200rwhp on him. (and probably $50k extra invested extra).
Old 04-22-2004, 02:47 AM
X
Teching In

LOL....

Its always funny to hear from someone that reads catologs and now has his first sports car...

To build a TT kit does not require an engineer or a master mechanic... It does take craftmanship, and with time it can be done.. To make a TT kit work and run does take skill... I've seen Rob's kit and its clean.. Obviously its taken time and research to come up with this kit.. He's still working on the R&D and with time he will be able to make power without Head gasket issues..

Yes there may be tuners out there that are less expensive than LPE, but isnt it funny how everyone always looks to LPE for top quality... By Rob's own words, he talks to Ed Potter all the time.. Why would he do that if he knew everything... You diss LPE and state they never help anyone, yet it seems to me that they've helped Rob..

If Rob offers a complete warrenty with the boost set up at a set level.. then he didnt convey that to me.. And I specifically asked him...

I'm not try'n to diss rob personally.. but I'd rather pay for something that will backed up..

BTW.. I agree with you on the LPE part.. Ever since John passed, the company agenda has changed.... But I can honestly say I've seen the LPE crew out at more events supporting customers.. LPE's customer service still isnt up to par, but Tom, Jason, and Ed.. are try'n the best they can.. But sometimes thats not good enough..

X

Last edited by X; 04-22-2004 at 04:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 04:38 AM
X
Teching In

Rob,

I was in the viper and i'm friends with the viper owner.. but being an LS1 person, I was impressed with your car.. but I cant believe all the trash your talking now after you were all nice in person... Just goes to show you that Tuners are two faced.. Well at least you are......

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
he blew the horn. .
Rob... What do you mean he blew the horn.. I was on the 2way with you and told you that we were going at the green sign..

The guy was an arrogant *** and prior to the race, said I "wasn't worthy of lining up next to him in an old piece of **** firebird." Needless to say, he was a bit embarassed when we got back to the hotel and his buddies watched the video. They claimed I must have lied about my HP numbers (I even showed them the dyno sheets from the night before), or that I was running NOS. I just told him to take it like a man..
Mike was an arrogant ***??? he was nothing but nice to you... and dont even say that he said that you werent worthy.. You were told by the NC Underground crew that Mike was saying things he didnt even say.. just like the Underground crew came and picked up Mike and stated that you were troll'n around the parking lot lookn to race him... Mike was shocked at how fast your car was... he actually thought that it wouldnt be a race.. but hes new to the street racing world.. I'm not... He was nice to you..

At the track the next morning, his car went a 10.30 @ 145. John Hennessey raced him in his Twin Turbo SRT-10 the night before I did, and beat him by about 1-2 car lengths. They said that video will be posted there soon also..
LOL... So are you actually that ignorant or that crooked./??? You come on here and post this.. Its funny how you only post the half truths and what makes you sound good... But I guess you do this to get business..

I guess its just a small fact that you forgot to mention that the same viper beat you at the track in a heads up race the next day.. HMMMMM imagine that.. you seemed to leave out that part... I guess its a good thing I got the video of that.....

And as far as the Hennessey race goes.. I'm not sure where you got the 1-2 cars from.. Probably from the same place you got all the rest of the BS.. Why dont you watch the video and tell me where you see 1-2 cars.. The race was interupted before it really started because one of the underground crew pulled in front of Mike..

X
Old 04-22-2004, 05:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

And the drama begins...
Old 04-22-2004, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

According to Rob's post on viperclub.com, a plug wire was mysteriously pulled on him at the track while the car was unattended. So that run was on 7 cylinders. His best for the day after changing the fouled plug and replacing the wire was 10.17.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/sho...rue#Post396405

Last edited by Bad Mojo; 04-22-2004 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-22-2004, 06:12 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rob... What do you mean he blew the horn.. I was on the 2way with you and told you that we were going at the green sign..
I just watched the video again. I heard two horn blasts before all the revvin' came into play. Care to explain?

You were told by the NC Underground crew that Mike was saying things he didnt even say.. just like the Underground crew came and picked up Mike and stated that you were troll'n around the parking lot lookn to race him...
I've never been to a street race worth it's salt where people didn't talk sheit before, during and after the race. I don't take it personally. The bottom line is who won the race. If you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Mike was shocked at how fast your car was... he actually thought that it wouldnt be a race..
Hmmm... and how do you know this? Do you read minds? Or... perhaps he was saying it out loud to people. Sounds close to:

said I "wasn't worthy of lining up next to him in an old piece of **** firebird.
Hey, it's just part of the racing game, fella's. I can't believe y'all gettin' bent out of shape by a kill.

Don't take this stuff too seriously and don't make it personal. Just go out and make your car faster.

Oh, and if he sand-bagged to try to win money next time, and Rob won and then chilled, hey... he just got tripped by his own game and Rob claimed the crown. THAT also happens all the time in street-racing. Face it, your boy was taken.
Old 04-22-2004, 08:26 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so...the viper got beat..sweet. I love it when people say "Well the Viper traps higher, therefor it will win on a roll"...that is FAR from the truth. On the street, anything can hapen. I kill cars that trap 4 mph higher than me on the street, roll or stop...and those are 6-speed cars and mine is an auto. MPH in the traps is nice, but does not determine everything...especially on the street. All I know is that the Viper has a lot of power and got beat on the street, which of course is where it is at! 10.3 at 145 is an unusual time. Would love to see what his short time is...

SDB
Old 04-22-2004, 08:40 AM
X
Teching In

I wasnt driving the viper, just riding.. If Mike hit the horn, I didnt kno it.., I didnt hear it, we were suppose to go at the green sign.. Thats what I told him on the 2-way...

Originally Posted by Bad Mojo
According to Rob's post on viperclub.com, a plug wire was mysteriously pulled on him at the track while the car was unattended. So that run was on 7 cylinders. His best for the day after changing the fouled plug and replacing the wire was 10.17.
LOL... thats funny now i'm hearing different excuses.. When I talked to him right after another run he did he told me that a wire was burned up and he replaced it and thats why he wasnt running up to par..

Imagine.. His MPH never increased dramatically, yet his et's went down.. I'm not a master tuner like QMP, but wouldnt you think that if he was running on 7.. his MPH would have shot up...

Point is that he lined up at the track and lost... Am I correct??? OOOP's I think he did...

BTW.. Its not the kill that gets someone upset, its the half truths, lies, and badmouthing hes doing that gets some upset.. He is nice in person and then get on the computer and he gains ball's and badmouths.. How professional is this tuner..

X
Old 04-22-2004, 08:47 AM
X
Teching In

I just talked to Mike and yes he did honk, guess I was too busy shot'n the video to pay attention... .. Sorry I was Mistaken......

I agree.... anything can happen on the street.. the faster car doesnt always win.. Someone can leave on the 2nd horn and get the jump.. But thats streetracing.. U chase U race...

The viper got beat, Rob didnt want to do a rematch for alittle cash... and that was the end of that night.. The next day at the track.. They had a chance to line up.. and the Viper beat him..

X
Old 04-22-2004, 09:20 AM
TECH Regular

"He said this. He said that". Cut the crap guys. Only people know are Rob and Viper guy. We dont need any back seat talkers talking crap!
About QMP and LPE being close match together. As first hand experience here
I would say there both excellent!!! LPE is more safe with there kits. If you wanted to push there system im sure ur warrenty will change. Like my top end kit did when I go the Procharger put on. QMP likes pushing the limits. But Rob would be the first to tell ya, like he did me. If ur close to the breaking point.
LPE and QMP are both on the top of there game. Ed Potter and Rob are good friends and chat, time and time again. No one said QMP and LPE are the same.
But I tell ya what,I only take my car too people who I know are on top of there game. Notice my sign LPE + QMP. Both top notch tuners .
Lets all get alone here .
Old 04-22-2004, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by X
LOL... thats funny now i'm hearing different excuses.. When I talked to him right after another run he did he told me that a wire was burned up and he replaced it and thats why he wasnt running up to par..

Your joking right? Where do you think the plug wire goes when it's pulled off the spark plug and left to lay around in the engine bay? It got burned through.

Hence the fact I said his post stated he replaced both the fouled plug and the wire.

Regardless, I wasn't there, I was just stating that Rob posted a reason for the low times at the track the next day, whether or not you believe it is your business.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Find it kinda funny the Virgninians like to stir up ****.

Edit: this IS getting old

Quick Reply: QMP 728rwhp Formula vs DLM 921rwhp Viper GTS