Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

QMP 728rwhp Formula vs DLM 921rwhp Viper GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously people you're already driving Rob to stop prooducing the kit, or he'll stop posting altogether.
If the Viper Guy was sandbagging, then too bad for him, he lost at his own game, as stated earlier. It's hard to hear the 3rd honk, it looks like he's going onthe second. In any event, he got beat, and got beat bad. ****-talking is a HUGE part of street...er....closed-course racing. If you don't want to get punked verbally then don't lose!
It almost appears from viseo,a nd certainly the Viper owner's own post that he can't drive worth a damn. Slower cars win lots of races they shouldn't. I think it's been proven Rob can tune AND drive pretty damn good.
The Viper guy...well he can write a mean check!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow he hired a full time excuse expert, figures, since he already blew all thatmoney nito that v10 clownshoe.

he got assraped in the highway, were the FASTEST car won (not quickest), if he even HUNG in there that would be an embarassing moent for the lighter, more powerful viper. A 700rwhp Supra would also SHUN that viper. Plus its ugly.

he got beat by formula that not too long ago was a 125000 mile car dynoing in the 700 hundreds. Meanwhile a Supercharged v10 still got put CARLENGTHS in such a horrendous way.

your whole agenda is an excuse, you signed up to be an excuse. "should've would've could've" (or should i say couldn't)
Old 04-22-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well here's how I see it all the way over here in Maryland...

Rob's Video
1. There are 3 horn signals and Rob goes right on #3. It's hard to hear because that's right when Rob hits the gas. So this theory that Rob went on #2 is BS.
2. 35-40mph no big difference. Your Viper bud either didn't know how to drive or has no advantage in power over Rob's car in the 40-150mph power band. I did not see you gain at all until Rob let off the gas and you flew by which means you guys were still "in it"
3. Your friend lost. Wether he was trying to shark for a $ race or not, he lost.

Viper Video
1. Neither car looks like it had a stellar 60' Viper is smoking tires and Rob runs an 11.2? A complete second off his normal time?
2. Even if he was running on all 8 cyl, and the 7-cyl theory is BS, his car (so far) does 10.1 on a good day. What's your viper friends best? With him driving?
3. First impressions are a mother fugger because they tend to be remembered the longest (Psychology 101) So if Rob came on here and posted your boy was an a-hole, it's probably the first impression Rob got the night you all first met.
4. Even if at the track Rob was cordial (perhaps even friendly) with you both, it doesn't mean Rob is some sort of two faced loser. Even a-holes can be treated nicely from time to time. Doesn't mean they're still not an a-hole most of the time.
5. Oh yeah, the viper won that race fair and square too.

I count 1-1-0 for both cars. When's the tie-breaker going to occur? I got a side-bet to make...
Old 04-22-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

REMATCH ON THE TRACK!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok every one lets keep it civil.
dont go fighting battles for other people.
if you aint in it stay out of it.

sccam68 Stop profiling

Last edited by smokinHawk; 04-22-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, I was going to go back and edit that myself, but someone already did it for me. :/ :sigh:
Old 04-22-2004, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Okay, my turn. The whole story:

And Larry Macedo of M2 Motorsports if you don't believe me. He tunes Vipers and Vettes and F-Bodies. He was in the hotel parking lot and heard it all. Jason Heffner of Heffner Motorsports was also there.

Me and two guys from my shop (Anthony and Razz) were at Waffle House eating. A guy from Underground came over to tell me that the guy with the Viper wanted to race me. I told him that was fine. There was never any mention of money (and anyway, I don't race for money). We went back to the hotel lot and Mr Arrogance proceeded first thing to tell me that if we were going to race, nobody else could go watch, and somebody needed to bring a flashlight so the videos would show up. He then said, "oh...never mind...we won't need one, you'll be able to see my Viper clearly with your headlights shining on my car!" hahaha....everyone laughed...funny. I said, "maybe, guess we'll see. Because the only person that has anything to lose here is you since you're racing a 720rwhp firebird that weighs more, and you make 200 more rwhp than me....so now we get to see if you know how to drive". I then said I'd save all of my talking for after the race.

Mike (Viper owner) then came up to my window to formally introduce himself, I told him we had already met just 2 days before when he was dynoing his Viper at our Dyno (when it made 921rwhp). He was like, "OH YEAA!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE SAME GUY!!!!" Whatever.

We talked about how the race would start, and agreed to go ON the 3rd horn...in other words, anticipating the 3rd horn. We raced, I kicked his ***. He complained as we got off the interstate that I "let out too early"....I told him I didn't let out until I shifted to 5th, and the race was over.
We went back to the hotel, everyone asked what happened, I told them that they "should be able to tell since his headlights were lighting up my car pretty well in the video." hahaha...another funny.
He was all upset he got beat and I think a bit emabarassed, but did admit out loud that I "kicked his ***". Then he asked me later if I wanted to race again (NEVER MENTIONED MONEY), and I told him to save it for the track. It was already 3am and we were supposed to be AT THE TRACK at 8am. I was tired from the ful day of work and the drive down.

The next day, we were allowed to make one run together after their Viper race was over, which is when I went 11.2 with a completely burned through #1 plug wire. Oddly enough, I left the track during the day in the Formula, drove by and saw Brian Tooley at TEA, drove around town for a while and headed back to the track. The car ran flawlessly. That is, up until Mike called me out to race him at the track in front of everyone that had beed ragging him all day about getting beat by me. Then my car wouldn't hardly do a burnout, and like I said, died at the 60ft and restarted. So yes, I lost. But I still had the quicker time of the weekend between us two with the 10.17....he only went 10.3x and he wasn't even driving the car himself. I think his best was only a 10.51???

And Mike, don't start calling me names and cussing at me. Because to be honest, I wasn't being nice to you at the track. I was "tolerating" you. From what I know of you, I don't like you, and you are an arrogant ***. Do you know how many of your own Viper guys came up to me and shook my hand the next day for waxxing your ***???? About 50!!! And everyone said that it "made their day just hearing about it because of how cocky you are". You need to tone it down some IMHO.

You lost, deal with it.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sscam68
Find it kinda funny the Virgninians like to stir up ****.

Edit: this IS getting old
I am offended, I am from Virginia and I have never stirred up any **** what so ever.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:20 PM
11 Second Club

Just curious - what even was this that the fastest vipers (heffners, DLM etc) and ls1 (LPE, Raymer etc etc) were at?
Old 04-22-2004, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Also, the dyno sheet I showed you never changed. It was the same sheet EVERYONE looked at. I have it in front of me now and it says clearly: 723.6rwhp/833.3rwtq SAE. (YOU were the one who was lying about your dyno numbers, not me! It wasn't until you found out that I was the same guy at the dyno with you that you admitted to making 921rwhp...so don't call me the liar pal!) You were also the one running around the track all the next day telling everyone that you "knew my car actually made over 900rwhp", which is why I won. Yep....really sounds like you were "sandbagging me".

All BS aside, I don't think your car ran as good on the street that night as it did at the track. And I think I know why. Your car was SUPER lean as I told you when we were at the dyno (13.8:1 at redline, and over 14:1 in some areas ). On the street that night, it was only about 45-50 degrees outside, making your car even leaner. At the track the next day it was about 85 degrees, making your car richer.

FWIW, I did say that talk to Ed @ LPE on occassion. But I have NEVER consulted with them for anything we do with our turbo kits, engines, or otherwise. I don't need to. I have always said that LPE sets the standard and still believe that to be true.

This is why I gave up street racing a long time ago....too much BS. Which is also why I'm about ready to give up Internet Forums too. Now I know why people like LPE rarely ever post.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:53 PM
TECH Regular

Old 04-22-2004, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

did this happen at viper nationals last weekend in Bowling green cause i was in the staging lane and looked over and saw a car that look JUST like robs dent and all and i was like naww im trippin but now it sounds like it was robs car
Old 04-22-2004, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Regardless of all the excuses from the "Viper Man". Good SLAUGHTER Rob!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2004, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well at least visit the hightechhorsepower.com site. Seems nobody posts there lately,
Old 04-22-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

laying the smack down.

Good kill.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Talking

nice kill rob...you will be getting a call frome me about the end of the year or sooner
Old 04-22-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I know X's game, it's not new to us in this area. But I can almost garentee this race did not happen in VA. I think if Rob and MM were within the same state hell fire and brimstone would rise from the ground

LPE puts out great cars, but they don't share **** with the rest of us. Like was said before, they aren't getting a dime of my money. Which is why we don't see many of their owners on a site like this, which is more about turning our own wrenches.

As for the Viper/QMP F-Body race. The video shows who won, what more do we need? It sucks to have **** talked about you, true or not. But it sounds like this guy might have deserved it and probably did talk some trash on us lowly Fbods. You reep what you sow. I don't know him and wasn't there, so if I'm off base I apoligize.

Mike

p.s. TT kits are easy to fabricate? Damn, when did this happen?

Last edited by buschman; 04-22-2004 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Nice *** kicking you gave that Viper
Old 04-22-2004, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer
This is why I gave up street racing a long time ago....too much BS. Which is also why I'm about ready to give up Internet Forums too. Now I know why people like LPE rarely ever post.

aw cmon rob..........dont give up man.............stop letting people get to you.........its just words on a screen...........just skim through it, and stick to the good stuff......because there are a lot of people here that appreciate your time.
Old 04-23-2004, 12:37 AM
X
Teching In

Originally Posted by buschman
Well I know X's game, it's not new to us in this area. But I can almost garentee this race did not happen in VA. I think if Rob and MM were within the same state hell fire and brimstone would rise from the ground
No this race took place while we were racing in Kentucky.. DJ and R U FAST raced him around here.. Vid will be posted soon..

buschman.. Nice to see a screenname i kno.. Even tho I cant get a race with a single street f-body or vette in the northeast.. the south is still fair game.. I'm told that there is plenty of X currency out there...

BTW... Rob must not have the great of a Rep... with all the PM's i've gotten its no wonder he changed his shop name...

X

Quick Reply: QMP 728rwhp Formula vs DLM 921rwhp Viper GTS