Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

One Step Closer....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default One Step Closer....

Things are finally starting to fall into place. Parts are rolling in at a steady rate. Soon we will begin on the fabrication. Here is what we picked up today.

370ci Iron Block
Polished Stock Crank
Diamond Dish Pistons
Diamond 4130 Chromemoly Wrist Pins
Diamond Pro Select Ring Set
Eagle H-Beam Rods
ARP Main Studs
Clevite Bearings
bore .030 and o-ringed
Old 04-24-2004, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those pistons are sexy
Old 04-24-2004, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool, same setup I'm going with except I'm getting 20cc Ross dished pistons (custom). Who built it?

And fabrication huh? Going turbo? You'll never go back to anything else.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Mekkadon
Cool, same setup I'm going with except I'm getting 20cc Ross dished pistons (custom). Who built it?

And fabrication huh? Going turbo? You'll never go back to anything else.
Westside Performance and Machine built the motor

Yes, I am going turbo. Brian (Brains) is going to do most of the fabrication because I am not much of a welder. However, he is going to teach me Here is the turbo. Turbonetics T-76 Q trim .96 AR. I'll take some more pictures once we begin the actual project.

Old 04-24-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

nice

Ryan.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool thats just like what i went, but i went with coated pistons...... What cam and what heads have you desiced on?? What head gaskets and studs?? What tranny and what rear gear? Whats your rear HP goal??
Kyle
Old 04-24-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zangel
Westside Performance and Machine built the motor

Yes, I am going turbo. Brian (Brains) is going to do most of the fabrication because I am not much of a welder. However, he is going to teach me Here is the turbo. Turbonetics T-76 Q trim .96 AR. I'll take some more pictures once we begin the actual project.

hah! same turbo I went with too......!! crazy!
Old 04-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Cool thats just like what i went, but i went with coated pistons...... What cam and what heads have you desiced on?? What head gaskets and studs?? What tranny and what rear gear? Whats your rear HP goal??
Kyle
Do you have the motor in yet? If so, how has it done?

I am going to use the cam I have now just to see how it does. Judging by the graphs, it should do very well (although I didn't think so). The cam is a 224/224 .581 112. My engine builder is talking about making me a set of 6.0L heads but I am not sure what I am going to do. I might just use the heads I have right now. They are Stage II heads that flowed 300 @ 500. I have already reached the cr that I wanted with the pistons. I don't know if I want to go much lower. I purchased the Flatout copper gaskets with the rubber coating and using the ARP studs. I am going with a TH350 and have a Moser 9 inch (31 spline) with 3.50 gears. The HP goal is 550rwhp on race gas with a street tune. The ultimate goal is 750-800rwhp on race gas with a more aggressive tune.

Mekkadon - How is the progress on yours? I am curious to see how a similar set up does.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am going to use the cam I have now just to see how it does. Judging by the graphs, it should do very well (although I didn't think so). The cam is a 224/224 .581 112. My engine builder is talking about making me a set of 6.0L heads but I am not sure what I am going to do. I might just use the heads I have right now. They are Stage II heads that flowed 300 @ 500. I have already reached the cr that I wanted with the pistons. I don't know if I want to go much lower. I purchased the Flatout copper gaskets with the rubber coating and using the ARP studs. I am going with a TH350 and have a Moser 9 inch (31 spline) with 3.50 gears. The HP goal is 550rwhp on race gas with a street tune. The ultimate goal is 750-800rwhp on race gas with a more aggressive tune.

Mekkadon - How is the progress on yours? I am curious to see how a similar set up does.
waiting on the motor to be built/turbo to get here........I have the TurboTech kit w/3in. DP and bigger IC. We will see how it does when I get done Will be using a TH400 in the future, right now I have a Pro Yank 4L60E sitting here, we will see how long it lasts.

Right now I'm running a 224/224/ .561 .561 114LSA cam. I had a T60-1 and made 470RWHP through an A4 on pump gas.....Mustang Dyno. Forged 346, eagle rods, Je pistons, heads/cam blah blah blah.....on 10PSI. Bigger motor, more boost = I hope at least 550RWHP @ around 10-12 PSI. More when I turn the boost up.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Zangel-
Just fired here up for the first time today........ Sounds mean as hell all motor. Have little stuff to fish in the morning..... and she will come off the jack-stands to see how she drives..... then ill put 500 miles on it and drive her up to H-Town to MTI and have Jayson do a W/B tune for about 14-15 psi of boost. Ill be happy with 550RWHP and 600TQ. What comp did you go for?? Im using -15cc dish pistons with a 71cc chambered head W/ MLS 6.0L head gaskets and ARP studs and im @ 9:1 Heres a pic of the coating AP Engineering did on my pistons it was only like a $160 more so the pistons came out to be like $750.

Im running a 230/236 .592/.602 on a 114+4 and i never thought it would sound this mean on a 114 LSA.
I plan on running either a TH-350 ot TH-400 and a 12 bolt 33 spline axles w/ 3.42's out back here soon. Thats my next order and a cage too.
Looking good. Whats the date your shooting for completion? Kepp us updated and remember to post pics.
Kyle
Old 04-25-2004, 11:32 AM
Fiery Features Director

Nice! You have some very reasonable goals with your car. Good luck and I can't wait to see it in action. Maybe I'll see you around Htown when you stop in.

I plan on staying around 9:1 cr also. However, if I go with the 6.0L heads, it will be more along the lines of 8.5:1. I have to decide where I want to stay with my HP goals first. Of course if I want to run more boost, I should go with a lower cr... but my current goals with 9:1 might be enough. Although, I am a woman so nothing is ever good enough
Old 04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Although, I am a woman so nothing is ever good enough

HA HA Thats a good one........ I think my goals ar obtanable..... I want to do... what i bought this car to do...... Enjoy driving it and have tons of power.... I know ill always be breaking stuff... thats just part of the game....
Good luck to ya.
Kyle
Old 04-26-2004, 12:25 AM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like fun! Is it your driver or a weekend car?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:28 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Whistler
Sounds like fun! Is it your driver or a weekend car?
I would like to keep it my driver because I want to enjoy it. Although, I could probably rotate and drive one of the other cars if needed.

Quick Reply: One Step Closer....