Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

WS6 Rear Mounted Radiator (UPDATE!!! COMPLETE AND TESTING) MANY PICS INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it get a lot hotter in the car?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRAYED 01
Does it get a lot hotter in the car?
It didn't after I cut hole out bigger for the fans there at the end before I put it back up front. Before I cut the hole bigger it was like somebody had a kerosene space heater blowing right on your back inside the car. My wife was literally trying to climb out the window like a dog riding down the road with half his body hung out the window. Was probably 100 deg in the cab lol. That's when I knew I had to cut holes for fans bigger lol.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some smoke pellets and run the fans and test to see where the air is going. also ifs the radiator fully shrouded or is it just sitting in there? Also it would be interesting to see what the airflow is like under the car. I have heard that some cars the air flow actually reverses in some locations!.....
Old 09-20-2013, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Get some smoke pellets and run the fans and test to see where the air is going. also ifs the radiator fully shrouded or is it just sitting in there? Also it would be interesting to see what the airflow is like under the car. I have heard that some cars the air flow actually reverses in some locations!.....
I think maybe the air is greatly disturbed behind the fans by the turbulence under the rear of the bumper. But as far as the suction in front of the radiator you could feel a ton with your hand even outside the trunk area going in. Not just your throw the radiator in the back and go job lol. Lot of testing will be involved for this setup to work lol. I just don't have time at the moment for it.
Old 12-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Op how did this work out, would laying a radiator down under the t top well, if it was removed and flat sheet metal’ed over work out better?

alum tubing instead of stainless would save weight and the heat conductivity would also help remove a ton of heat I would think too... just a thought.

thinking about doing this with my drag only car...

Quick Reply: WS6 Rear Mounted Radiator (UPDATE!!! COMPLETE AND TESTING) MANY PICS INSIDE!!!