Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

s366 4.8 Camaro 6speed, Steven Sigmon

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 20psiofevil
In for track results! Why you say this turbo is done on 12psi? Is it pumping lot of heat out? I went 7.39 @ 100 mph with this turbo leaving off idle, 10psi, 15* timing, on a 4.3l v6. Next pass hooked up the boost controller and it pegged my 20psi gauge and found other issues so I'm down til spring. I'm hoping to make it to 22psi on my motor with this unit lol.

I talked to you on fb the other week Stephen on nigels post btw.
It is done at this level on a 4.8 platform with heads/intake/cam. The turbo is rated to around 800-850 and if you figure drivetrain loss etc he's at the top of his power level at 12psi for the output of the turbo. Estimate around 650rw at 12-13psi. The motor made 35x on 0psi on the first pull because a clamp wasn't on good and it made no boost. The turbo rated output isn't going to change. The less the motor is built the more the turbo itself will add to the power but if the motor is a little much for the turbo then it hits a wall at the top of the power band. Regardless your not gonna achieve much more than the rated output of the turbo itself. He needs an s400 series but I think he's just tired of messing with it. Just enjoying it like it is now. Its a stick car so track times will always suck unless he gets awesome suspension stuff and spends a lot of seat time.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
It is done at this level on a 4.8 platform with heads/intake/cam. The turbo is rated to around 800-850 and if you figure drivetrain loss etc he's at the top of his power level at 12psi for the output of the turbo. Estimate around 650rw at 12-13psi. The motor made 35x on 0psi on the first pull because a clamp wasn't on good and it made no boost. The turbo rated output isn't going to change. The less the motor is built the more the turbo itself will add to the power but if the motor is a little much for the turbo then it hits a wall at the top of the power band. Regardless your not gonna achieve much more than the rated output of the turbo itself. He needs an s400 series but I think he's just tired of messing with it. Just enjoying it like it is now. Its a stick car so track times will always suck unless he gets awesome suspension stuff and spends a lot of seat time.
650rwhp is very respectful from this turbo at 12-13psi. I would not touch a thing if it were mine.

Quick Reply: s366 4.8 Camaro 6speed, Steven Sigmon