Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

**LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thought josh was about to choke slam chief. lane prep, spinning or not, they looked very inexperienced. people who wont drive their own cars, and jumping before the light ever came on. I think the 5th gen would have still taken the W. And that TT Bird is fast as hell, but it sure looked like a 13 second car next to the nova. I'd like for UGR to pay them a visit and see how the lambo guys with awd and 1500+ fair.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big tire slick cars dominate frum dig on the street. Don't see too many lambs dig racing either ugr or not.

IMO you should have made good on the race and paid up.

Last edited by fotoboy; 12-03-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...since when are there rules in street racing?!?!
Old 12-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Captain Double Post

ugr- roll racing kings,
i agree though lmr looked very bad , i saw a bunch of people saying a chase is a race,true when your running for fun not for 5grand,i couldnt get my head around that since everyone of them wouldnt let that fly with there money,i can see the use of vht for a burnout but to wanna prep the whole street lol, again very bad showing on there part,that chuck is a bitch though
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I watched it, the LMR guys didn't show well. Yeah, on the track it'd probably be a different story, but com'on, prep the whole lane? Don't bring a track only car to a street race.

I was more impressed by the Cutlass guy. That thing looked like it left like a ton of bricks and left his oponent holding his bag.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
i thought josh was about to choke slam chief. lane prep, spinning or not, they looked very inexperienced. people who wont drive their own cars, and jumping before the light ever came on. I think the 5th gen would have still taken the W. And that TT Bird is fast as hell, but it sure looked like a 13 second car next to the nova. I'd like for UGR to pay them a visit and see how the lambo guys with awd and 1500+ fair.
Didnt they claim that GTR had like 1500hp and its AWD
Old 12-03-2013, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
LMR car is set up for the track and heavy. Bring that nova on the track and it would be a different story. Josh needed to give that guy a slap back! lol
You don't think that big body Nova is as heavy as that Fbody? A big HP small tire car just wasn't gonna get down the street like the Big tire car. We are looking at two different ideas of racing with two different setups. Murder Nova is a bad **** on kill and so is the LMR race car. But they are setup to do two different things which they both excel at. I was unaware that your Firebird was a true street car with the 25.5

Originally Posted by JAX04
Didnt they claim that GTR had like 1500hp and its AWD
It made 1300awhp on T1's dyno according to GTR Forums.

Last edited by 67maro; 12-03-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So what went down with the other races Wormboy?

Were the jumps staged?
Old 12-03-2013, 08:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've seen the murder nova run 4.50s in the 1/8th at over 150. as much as they say its a street car, I've seen it on a trailer. Just because you occasionally take something on the street doesn't make it a street car. I've seen videos of F1 cars driving through London streets.

Until they come to the east coast, they don't have any claim on the fastest street cars. Here in Ohio alone, there are about 50 7-second street cars.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HexenLord
I've seen the murder nova run 4.50s in the 1/8th at over 150. as much as they say its a street car, I've seen it on a trailer. Just because you occasionally take something on the street doesn't make it a street car. I've seen videos of F1 cars driving through London streets.

Until they come to the east coast, they don't have any claim on the fastest street cars. Here in Ohio alone, there are about 50 7-second street cars.
BoostedGT comes to Milan and Chitown a lot. Driving a car to the track is cool and a lot of fun until you break something and then have to get some one to trailer it back. I've done that twice and its just less headache then sitting on the return road waiting to find a trailer.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:28 AM
TECH Regular

I actually just got back from Norman/OKC lastnight. Got to meet Chief and Shawn in person, pretty cool guys. Got to see Flip's elco, Shawn's nova, Chief's gto, and Derek's 3rdgen camaro up close, surely badass cars!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HexenLord
This KILLS me every and i mean EVERY time OKC Street Outlaws is talked about this gets brought up.

THEY DO NOT CLAIM TO BE RACING STREET CARS! They claim to have the fastest/quickest cars racing on streets. BIG difference.

I have eaten meals with over half the guys on the show and they a all TOP quality people, although the show makes most of them look like bags.
I went out a month ago and raced the No Prep race with them (drove my street car 300 miles one way and won True Street) at Thunder Valley. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. If there was any drama it was between Varley a couple of other older street racers VS everyone else after the 4th pass Tina crashed her S10 big tire truck (NO one made anything resembling a clean pass at this point). The debate was what to do with the track. Ultimately the old timers lost out and the track was swept.

This was my first time on Pimp Juice and flashlight start. Let me tell you by 2nd round the track was stickier to the 330' than any other track I've been on.

Yes it's a produced TV show. The first season had some actual real street racing on it. Most of the first season and second season is totally closed controlled environment. I met with a couple of the guys over diner 2 months ago about filming for season 3 on airport runways. If you think it's not going to be a produced show and you don't like it don't watch. There's always NHRA fuel cars to watch, boy that's exciting. NOT!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I still dont get why they try and make you belive its on a public road, like last night when chief and farmtruck go out to a remote road and say thats the spot...( uphill) then at night they show up at the airstrip. Its not street outlaws.....they dont race on the street, so it might as well be at the track.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Lots of holes in the show for sure but it's good entertainment. There does have to be some legality to it or there is no show and people get incarcerated.

Street cars is a term that's pretty loose IMO. I used to drive a blown tubbed spooled bbc car on the street and justified it as a street car when really it was a pita to drive. I remember the day when anything fast had to be trailered to the popular race spot but w the new tech stuff, e85, etc..... The scene is different now. Dig racing ur just waiting to get caught, roll it's much harder to catch or see a moving object.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lsxmalibu
I still dont get why they try and make you belive its on a public road, like last night when chief and farmtruck go out to a remote road and say thats the spot...( uphill) then at night they show up at the airstrip. Its not street outlaws.....they dont race on the street, so it might as well be at the track.
Because some dip **** writers and producers who know NOTHING about cars or racing think it makes for good tv entertainment. Before the next person jumps in and says the guys on the show are getting paid by the discovery channel, it's my understanding that season 1 most got paid $0 and season 2 paid between $250-$500 per episode. Of course there's sponsorship parts and actual betting but those guys are working their asses off for it.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00Wildcat

Because some dip **** writers and producers who know NOTHING about cars or racing think it makes for good tv entertainment. Before the next person jumps in and says the guys on the show are getting paid by the discovery channel, it's my understanding that season 1 most got paid $0 and season 2 paid between $250-$500 per episode. Of course there's sponsorship parts and actual betting but those guys are working their asses off for it.
Are you for real? Only an idiot would believe they are not getting thousands per episode.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:11 PM
Launching!

LS1Tech 10 Year

I noticed on the show yesterday all the guys on the show had new pressed sponsored shirts on and there shop looks a lot nicer than it used to. I'm sure they are getting paid and I hope they are, discovery channel is making good money on the show.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GeoMetricMoving
Are you for real? Only an idiot would believe they are not getting thousands per episode.

Knowing a bit about the industry I tend to agree with him.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The LMR guys looked bad on this episode. I sure would like to see the rest of the races.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Having been part of a reality TV show, on a large network, I can say that it is doubtful that many of the questions asked here will be answered. They are more than likely contracted to not discuss ANYTHING about the show. I can tell you that things are staged, hidden, undisclosed and rehearsed. If not you would have a 5 min, boring show. I would be surprised if even the LMR guys didn't sign contracts. Any friends I had in my life did, that is why you see people's faces blurred out as they refused or didn't sign something. Sure this is all obvious information.

As far as being paid. Sure they were paid for year one and would guess $500-800 for jr memebers and $1k-2k for the main ones. Probably signed a multi year deal even if the network dropped them. This probably went up in season 2 as it got good ratings.

I can't disclose which show I was on because I am still under contract.

Quick Reply: **LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**