Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

**LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 03:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edge04
Having been part of a reality TV show, on a large network, I can say that it is doubtful that many of the questions asked here will be answered. They are more than likely contracted to not discuss ANYTHING about the show. I can tell you that things are staged, hidden, undisclosed and rehearsed. If not you would have a 5 min, boring show. I would be surprised if even the LMR guys didn't sign contracts. Any friends I had in my life did, that is why you see people's faces blurred out as they refused or didn't sign something. Sure this is all obvious information.

As far as being paid. Sure they were paid for year one and would guess $500-800 for jr memebers and $1k-2k for the main ones. Probably signed a multi year deal even if the network dropped them. This probably went up in season 2 as it got good ratings.

I can't disclose which show I was on because I am still under contract.
Yep plus these guys get a chance to sell merchandise and promote their name and car which is where they can do well with sponsors, track and show promoters.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:45 PM
8 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

does anyone have a clip of the races?
Old 12-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Also, for anyone wondering on the GTR, the car is capable of 1300 or so, but was only making 700-800awhp during the race on the show. It wasn't the owner racing it and he was concerned with how well it would hook on the street from a dig with someone who hadnt ran the car before, so it was turned down considerably. Id love to see how it wouldve done full tilt, I think it wouldve been a much better matchup.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoMetricMoving
Are you for real? Only an idiot would believe they are not getting thousands per episode.
100% agreed. If you want proof, consider this.... before and during season 1, Big chief is just chilling and driving his red truck, then suddenly after season 1 is over, he is building a $100K drag car like it's no big deal......

They are getting paid!
Old 12-03-2013, 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
100% agreed. If you want proof, consider this.... before and during season 1, Big chief is just chilling and driving his red truck, then suddenly after season 1 is over, he is building a $100K drag car like it's no big deal......

They are getting paid!

If you ever watched pinks he was on it multiple times with some neat rides.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by edge04
Having been part of a reality TV show, on a large network, I can say that it is doubtful that many of the questions asked here will be answered. They are more than likely contracted to not discuss ANYTHING about the show. I can tell you that things are staged, hidden, undisclosed and rehearsed. If not you would have a 5 min, boring show. I would be surprised if even the LMR guys didn't sign contracts. Any friends I had in my life did, that is why you see people's faces blurred out as they refused or didn't sign something. Sure this is all obvious information.

As far as being paid. Sure they were paid for year one and would guess $500-800 for jr memebers and $1k-2k for the main ones. Probably signed a multi year deal even if the network dropped them. This probably went up in season 2 as it got good ratings.

I can't disclose which show I was on because I am still under contract.
Faces and plates get blurred on racing videos for liability. I know for a fact that my insurance company found racing and burnout videos of my car on the web. I was suprised to find this out from my agent who is a car guy and went to bat for me.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My FB news feed has been bombered with this TV Show drama lol
Old 12-03-2013, 07:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen im hearing fake car noises? Come on
Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
This is one of the worst shows I've ever seen im hearing fake car noises? Come on
The great thing about America is you have more than one channel you can watch. I'm sure last nights Teen Mom episode was a real cliff hanger!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BoostedGT
The great thing about America is you have more than one channel you can watch. I'm sure last nights Teen Mom episode was a real cliff hanger!
Lol. I actually like the show, would love to come and run my car and then hang around and drink some beer with the whole crew. I am too broke to be betting a grand a race though. I would have to bet for a 12 pack beverage of choice. lol

I was curious. Last night you were the flagger. They showed LMR jumping both times. They also showed it in slow motion. When the Oklahoma guys claimed they jumped do you guys go back and look at video in slow motion or just take the flaggers word? A look of the video may have stopped anyone from wanting to fight but then what fun would the show be.

Anyways, I think the show is bad *** and at some point will drive my chevelle down there for some fun. My junk barely runs 5's and I know that is slow compared to the cars those guys are running but I would be driving it 400 miles there though.

Boost on man.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:51 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by BoostedGT
Why add fake noises to a car show? All I was stating.....
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Camaro9969
Why add fake noises to a car show? All I was stating.....
I noticed this too. It goes right along with all the races the OKC boys loose, EDITing room.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

The show is great entertainment. That is what they are after.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:57 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by 67maro
You don't think that big body Nova is as heavy as that Fbody? A big HP small tire car just wasn't gonna get down the street like the Big tire car. We are looking at two different ideas of racing with two different setups. Murder Nova is a bad **** on kill and so is the LMR race car. But they are setup to do two different things which they both excel at. I was unaware that your Firebird was a true street car with the 25.5

It made 1300awhp on T1's dyno according to GTR Forums.
My bet is that Nova weighs much less than the LMR car. Doesn't matter , the tire difference is a KILLER!!

No doubt the Nove is a bad *** street racer

Who said anything about my car being a street car? Btw its a 25.3.

Last edited by LASTLS1; 12-03-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of you guys seem to be confusing this "reality" show with a documentary. enjoy it for what it is...entertainment. dont like it, comcast (or whatever other cable provider you have) usually has about 2000 other channels you could be watching.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Teching In

i love the show, yes some of the stuff is most likely staged and yes im sure there are lots of stuff edited out to make the OKC boys look better but i still like it. i could do without some of the drama and the fake car noises are annoying but its still the best car show on tv

if you dont like it just dont watch it. its really that simple
Old 12-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

air Strip Outlaws
Old 12-04-2013, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I watched the show. Its TV you have to expect editing and some extra BS, it's all part of the gig. When the show is over with maybe the truth about what really happens will come out maybe not. Regardless of that, all these cars are well put together and we can see that. I'm still a fan of the murder nova, track street or whatever kinda car you want to call it. It's still badass.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

idk... even if it was edited. i think one of them acted like a little kid.......

prep the whole street.. WTF. really. ive also raced for years. thats not street racing. honestly this isnt street racing. what Farmtruck did to that lancer at the begining. that was street racing. pick them up on the street. take it to a back road. rape some ***. get paid go on your way. not this haul it on a trailer bull ****.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

What do you guys expect? It's a tv show. They have to have permitted areas to record this or it would be illegal, not to mention that the setup would take for ever on a public road. As for the dubbed over sounds, guess what. At the end of the day footage is edited for entertainment, not to appease people like us. Everybody needs to backdown their expectations and take the show for what it is because this is about as authentic of a reality show on street racing can be.

Quick Reply: **LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**