Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

**LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 10:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im with LMR on this one and Im pretty sure most of the West coast is on this page as well, YOU get to prep your lane. I dont know how they do it back east but this is how it plays out west. As far as the jumping the light, that can go either way. Again all the races ive been to/in chase is a race, i did hear them stip that you jump you loose though.

Also thought i was weird that when the 5th gen raced, rubber was down on the road. when the nova race there was one burn out mark meaning the nova race happend first or it was in a different spot? maybe im misremembering but that stood out to me.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

and did you notice how much more rubber was down on the right lane, looked like a drag strip, left lane, noting but some powder marks.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:33 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

They've come out and said that the course of events depicted in the episode was not the order in which they happened in actual time.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
idk... even if it was edited. i think one of them acted like a little kid.......

prep the whole street.. WTF. really. ive also raced for years. thats not street racing. honestly this isnt street racing. what Farmtruck did to that lancer at the begining. that was street racing. pick them up on the street. take it to a back road. rape some ***. get paid go on your way. not this haul it on a trailer bull ****.
That might be YOUR idea of street racing. When you race for real money you race like these guys. I've been doing this for a long time and any real fast car you are going to trailer it....period. I have had guys come from over 1300 miles to race down here. I don't for 1 minute to expect them to drive their car that distance to prove its a street car. They are just like me, a street racer that races cars on the street for money in an organized fashion.

The "prep the whole street " thing was a dumbass thing by LMR. I have prepped out to the 60ft and maybe double that but not the whole street. When Boostedgt came to our neck of the woods, we prepped it out about 120 feet for him. We didn't like the guy he was racing so we made sure we prepped it good for boostedgt.

Originally Posted by cyipher
Im with LMR on this one and Im pretty sure most of the West coast is on this page as well, YOU get to prep your lane. I dont know how they do it back east but this is how it plays out west. As far as the jumping the light, that can go either way. Again all the races ive been to/in chase is a race, i did hear them stip that you jump you loose though.
LMR wanted to prep the whole street. That's not gonna fly. You can prep the 60ft or maybe a lil further but I'm not racing you if you want to prep the whole street. Just like you said, chase is a race, but the rules were stated by Big Chief beforehand so that rule takes precedence over the chase is a race rule since they agreed on it.

One thing that did stand out to me is that Big Chief stated that he has been to New Orleans and they race with no prep. That's the biggest line of **** to me. We prep our own lanes and we do burnouts in trackbite. We don't do the pour it in front of your tires and whatever you can drag out. We stopped doing that 10 years ago.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Launching!

First off...

I'm a full on, true blue, oil in my veins gearhead...

And I love just about anything on tv with wheels in it. (and if I don't like it...I just change channels)

That being said...I have a real problem with "reality shows" like this one.

Most "gearheads" realize it's not "real" and take it for what it is.

Problem is, the stupid politicians goody two shoes wife doesn't...

She see's her teenage son johnny watching it and and believes it's all true and that this is what is happening at every stop light in town when it gets dark...

So...Being as she has no real life of her own, she decides that she must squash this before her "johnny" gets sucked up into it, and is forever corrupted and ends up a delinquent for life.

She starts a local chapter of MASR (mad mothers against street racing) and starts popping up on the local tv news with stories about this terrible plague this is attacking their fine city.

She gets her politician husband involved in her crusade by threatening him with no more nookie if he doesn't do something to destroy this evil monstrosity before it sucks in their poor johnny.

They then produce a 5 minute ad on tv about the terrible disease that has stricken their fair city and the new bill her upstanding husband has submitted that will make it a felony to own or modify a car in this evil way.

It passes with flying colors and the city starts confiscating and destroying these evil implements of terror.

The national news picks up on it, and soon it is on every news station in the nation..

The next President to be, picks it to be one of the spearheads of his/her campaign...

He/her wins by a landslide and makes a "executive" decision for the "public safety", to outlaw ALL race cars, as they could possibly be used on public roads and endanger the public just like those evil semi auto guns that they so successfully got rid of with one of the other "executive orders" for public safety.

And the rest is history as they say...

OK...This might be a bit over the top (or maybe not)

But this type of thing has been used to justify making lots of things illegal
that one group enjoys and another group see as a threat. (hunting, offroading, guns etc. to name a few)

The problem is...There is a group of people that doing just that is their hobby...They love to get involved politically etc. and target groups they do not like or agree with.

The rub is...Those people doing whatever it may be that this group decides is wrong...

Are usually spending their time and money enjoying said hobby and don't realize the threat until it is to late and are ducks out of water in the arena these people thrive in.

Case in point....Most of us would much rather install the new turbo you just got, than spend time writing/calling and being politically active.

It's just not who most of us are...but it is who they are...

And they end up kicking our asses...
Old 12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Wildcat
I went out a month ago and raced the No Prep race with them (drove my street car 300 miles one way and won True Street) at Thunder Valley. Everyone was super friendly and helpful.

Yes it's a produced TV show. The first season had some actual real street racing on it. Most of the first season and second season is totally closed controlled environment. I met with a couple of the guys over diner 2 months ago about filming for season 3 on airport runways. If you think it's not going to be a produced show and you don't like it don't watch. There's always NHRA fuel cars to watch, boy that's exciting. NOT!
The no prep race you won..

There will be another next year - all of the keyboard warriors need to show up or quit running their traps about the cars..
Old 12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also thought i was weird that when the 5th gen raced, rubber was down on the road. when the nova race there was one burn out mark meaning the nova race happend first or it was in a different spot? maybe im misremembering but that stood out to me.
No matter what you think nor say they high lighted the rules.

Use what everyone want on the burn out no lane prep
Jump you lose
Cross the line you lose.

Not difficult.

Funniest thing about all of this was the whining and crying from LMR especially Josh's douche ***. Stick to fabrication you can't fight bro.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

I don't come to this site very often. Too many narrow minded followers, not enough open thinking, trying different ways people here for me. Truck manifold of the week w/S400's and KY Turbo is THE ****, to Josh is a douche, politics BS. You try to give advise on what will work based on personal experience and everyone cries bullshit because Joe Schumo the resident expert says it won't. I bring up KY Turbo because this site is well known for banning non sponsoring businesses while protecting theives that pay their dues to Tech.

I've been out hanging with the Okc guys on 3 occasions in the last 4 months. They are real, their cars are real fast, they're all nice standup guys and they all admit to racing race cars on the street. And the Discovery Channel producer, editors, writters and lawyers are responsible for 90% of the reality show bullshit.

But what do I do I know I just drive an 8.50 street car all over the Midwest with a stock block, stock crank, L92 headed 370.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1INSANEGTO
No matter what you think nor say they high lighted the rules.

Use what everyone want on the burn out no lane prep
Jump you lose
Cross the line you lose.

Not difficult.

Funniest thing about all of this was the whining and crying from LMR especially Josh's douche ***. Stick to fabrication you can't fight bro.
yes but did they highlite the rules before the the 350 mile trip? also didnt okc cross in the camaro race?
Old 12-04-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes but did they highlite the rules before the the 350 mile trip? also didnt okc cross in the camaro race?
Those rules have been stated many many times they knew.
Old 12-04-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you shitting me....
if you jump the light you ******* lose!!!!
if you say street racing is who ever crosses the finish line first wins...

well **** im going down there with my 10s car and i will just make sure i line up first.
**** the guy holding the light i will just go when i feel like it and they will just have to chase me to the finish line..

lmr raced twice for what i seen and they beat there self both times by jumping the light
Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 12-04-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^lol
Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Jump you lose, if they try to run you down its a race..
Old 12-05-2013, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

Where I am from if you jump the light you lose, but if the other person still goes, a chase is a race. I know Chief pretty well. See him a few times a year and speak to him on facebook a couple times a week. He is a real down to earth street racer, and a real nice guy. The way they act and race on the show is purely entertainment. Show up to No Prep or Cash Days or any other similar "non tv" event they run and you see completely different things from them...
Old 12-05-2013, 02:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by coolmanvette75
Where I am from if you jump the light you lose, but if the other person still goes, a chase is a race. I know Chief pretty well. See him a few times a year and speak to him on facebook a couple times a week. He is a real down to earth street racer, and a real nice guy. The way they act and race on the show is purely entertainment. Show up to No Prep or Cash Days or any other similar "non tv" event they run and you see completely different things from them...

If I'm the other car that goes even after the other jumps a lot of times your relying out croud or friends to point out the jump. Last thing I'm thinking of is what the other car is going to do. Try that on a track where this Lmr car is at home and any car will get laughed at.

Rules were set ahead of time and there was no talk of "chase is a race"

Jump you lose
Cross the other lane you lose were the 2 that came to mind
Old 12-05-2013, 07:40 AM
12 Second Club

A chase is a race.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

You jump you lose. If I chase you down and beat you then that alone is enough to make you feel bad.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fotoboy
If I'm the other car that goes even after the other jumps a lot of times your relying out croud or friends to point out the jump. Last thing I'm thinking of is what the other car is going to do. Try that on a track where this Lmr car is at home and any car will get laughed at.

Rules were set ahead of time and there was no talk of "chase is a race"

Jump you lose
Cross the other lane you lose were the 2 that came to mind
Im with you. The chase is a race is dumb
Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 AM
12 Second Club

I've never heard of a street race prepping the whole road? And if u chase its a race just how it goes unless it's other wise stated before the race.

Quick Reply: **LMR on Street Outlaws Dec 2**