Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My TBSS LSx275 Build - PROJECT:RapeTruck

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 07:36 AM
SSZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome man. Happy for you. Gives me some inspiration to do something to my TBSS. Keep chipping away brother.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blown06
You left yourself some improvement too. Couple hundredths on the deep stage, I heard a rev limiter on the shift and also sounds like you let out a little early. Record will fall further for sure.
YEah, I'm sure I can still drop a couple tenths on the 60, I need to get a better shifter and shift light so I don't bang the limiter, and I did let out because it was getting a little loose and I thought it was a wasted pass anyway while I was in the truck, then I get the slip and it was a damn record pass.....I can only guess what it would have been had I not let out or missed that 1-2 shift on the limiter. This is why we make runs though....to keep getting better and better with changes. I'm still very happy though. I built it to run an 8 and break the record....Goals achieved, so everything from here out is just a bonus.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bet this thing hurts some feelings on the street
Old 11-20-2015, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

If it were a street truck it definitely would....I might be making it "Streetable" soon though. Just need a little more cooling and an alternator.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have thought about building one but keeping the AWD, what are the options? is a powerglide+ some transfer case doable?
Old 11-21-2015, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Anything is "doable" with enough $$$
Old 01-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

I know this is an old thread, but first time reading it... awesome build... any updates in the past two years??
Old 01-29-2018, 05:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Same^^^
Old 01-30-2018, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was literally thinking about this build the other night while laying in bed trying to sleep ha ha ha. Wonder if it was ever finished?
Old 02-10-2018, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hibs
I know this is an old thread, but first time reading it... awesome build... any updates in the past two years??
Originally Posted by fbody4everyone
Same^^^
Originally Posted by roastin240
I was literally thinking about this build the other night while laying in bed trying to sleep ha ha ha. Wonder if it was ever finished?
No new updates from me really. Shortly after I set that last record/Run I was offered a fair amount from the Truck and decided I had my time with it. I took two weeks to answer him though as I wasnt sure at the time I wanted to sell. I know that truck had a bottom 8 in it like it sat with just a couple changes. I sold it to someone who I knew would make the right changes to it to see what it would really do, and he did....but life situations changed and it sits in the corner of his shop, Un-ran since my last pass in the video here, with a nice new Billet converter and Menscer shocks all the way around(the changes it really needed). I have offered to buy it back a couple time to try to really turn it into a true 7sec street monster...but since hes not played with it yet, hes reluctant to sell it back. Its probably a good thing he wont sell it to me, its kind of like an Ex...you got rid of it for one reason or another, so it might be wise to just keep on keepin On. Im currently building a Dmax Swapped TBSS thats almost done for a fun street ride this year. I started it shortly after I sold this and it should be finally able to run and drive this spring. I am the slowest guy ever to build stuff....I go ***** to the wall...or not at all... and that changes daily and weekly and sometimes the latter lasts for months on end before I go back to it. Theres a bunch of pics on my FB page if anyone wants to look at them. Both builds are there, this one included. www.facebook.com/jbracing
Old 02-10-2018, 01:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I always say to my friends...."Dont Recycle" meaning dont get back together with your ex. Maybe you should adopt that law with the Rape Truck, although its a lot cooler than any GF myself or any friends have had so I am probably out of line here ha ha

Quick Reply: My TBSS LSx275 Build - PROJECT:RapeTruck