Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

My TBSS LSx275 Build - PROJECT:RapeTruck

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put all of the Engine Piping back together to test fit for proper fitment with the newest turbo. I also wanted everything in place while I ran the new harness, which I hope to have done this weekend at some point if all goes well. I also picked me up a set of Fabbed aluminum valve covers so I could eliminate the spacers that were installed with the stock valve covers. Now I just hope they fit and clear the rockers height-wise.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:37 PM
Launching!

Love the turbo. Nice piece
Old 07-31-2014, 04:03 AM
On The Tree

Ok, so I decided the diamond plate piece wasn't big enough so I decided to have another piece of metal cut at work and I put it through the roller and put a brake on it as well to try to maximize space.....This netted me more room but still just not enough, so tomorrow I will make one more piece that I am sure will work. I pulled the steering wheel to start modifications to add buttons for my line lock and bump box for lining it up in the beams. We also Split the Dash in Half, which I didn't realize was possible, but is making working against the firewall 10x easier. Also took some pictures of the rockers and the Kurt Urban Girdle on them. I took these apart to test fit the new valve covers.....which don't fit, so Ill have to try a different set if I want to eliminate the spacers used. Also trying to figure out where to mount the massive FPR under the hood. and no it cant go on the firewall, rules prohibit it. And Just a Shot of the truck with the front end coming all back together.

[img]//www.mazdas247.com/members/ForceFed/RapeTruck/Rockers%201.jpg[/img]

Old 08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good progress! Can't wait to see this SUV done!
Old 08-08-2014, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Got the rear carpet trimmed and fitted.....What a PITA.....Few hours each night but didn't turn out bad. I need to add some lightweight batting in a few areas since I opted not to use the insulation which was separate from the aftermarket carpet.....so it fits a little sloppy in a couple areas...but really.....who care......RAPETRUCK!!

Old 08-09-2014, 01:12 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I say good job on the carpet. You outta see me hack that **** up!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking damn killer.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Got a Little more work done last night. Panel Trimmed and actually mounted, and I think I have the final layout figured out to maximize space. Also playing around with my battery locations, and just a few random pics.

Old 08-09-2014, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oscs
*****!

No Im joking.. Bump for one of the nicest builds Ive ever seen.
ohhh im soo offended!!

But seriously, this build is siiiik, been creepin on it for a while. Thats right, creepin on the RAPE TRUCK!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

SOme more done, isntalling components in Engine Bay, mounted prop valve, started running harness through firewall, not sure if I like where its coming out at in the factory location, started re-installing interior panels that wont interfere with any future work, Permanently configured and mounted items on electronics panel.

More to be done today.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:50 PM

This thing is one badass Mother ******!!! I cant wait to hear this bitch run!!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Todays Update....

Got my Batteries charging, The Electronics panel fit and mounted and wiring has begun, Roll Control is mounted, and I am just not sure whether to cut the tabs off in the rear or run a highly modified and open rear valance.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Just a little more done, not a lot in the last couple of days. Started running my fittings and tubing for the boost control, took the intake off to fit the new valley cover and see what needs modified, also got the carpet trimmed for the Ice Tank in the rear and got it mounted, picked up some braided loom for the wiring, and I am just curious......But would you call this a Tree Stand?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Ok, Another Little update.....Slow and steady wins the race right......I don't think so.
So todays update we have The Two Battery boxes getting located and installed in the truck. We choose the left rear corner to offset the driver weight and to help with weight transfer. Next we have a cool little inlet designed up by Mr. Erik (Mxb5) to try to get me a true 6" Velocity stack type intake on the truck through the grill. No one makes a 6" to my knowledge, and everyone just modifies a 5" one with a 6" pipe.....but I am **** and don't like that idea...so this is what we came up with. Next is my idea for locating the steering wheel buttons for my Bump box and maybe for the "Oh ****" button if needed. The Trans Shield was a mother and a half to install and the lower brackets that are supposed to wrap around the pan aren't long enough so I will have to make custom ones to fit. The ARC Panel relay pack has the weird flat ribbon cable as its wiring between the buttons and relay pack and its kind of hard to work with, so I found a nice little rubber grommet I could cut a flat slit in to keep the cable just where I want it and let it come directly in behind the panel with no interference. Last we Have the two Power cable connecting posts I will add to my electrical panel for all the main wiring hookups and my CO2 tank bracket that I searched forever to find. Its amazing how few CO2 mounts are out there that look good or aren't a couple hundred bucks by the time you buy all the mounting pieces needed. SO I found this guy, its aluminum, has slight adjustments for bottle variations and it looks great too.....That's a winner in my book. I'm still trying to get the truck ready and to LS Fest in 2 weeks....but man the noose is getting tight around my neck.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who is going to make that inlet bell?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Who is going to make that inlet bell?
NASA
Old 08-31-2014, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

Took the Truck home for the first decent cleaning since I have owned it. Truck wont be running at LS Fest, so I figured it better at least look good sitting there.....Because I said come hell or high water it would be there and God damn it, it will be. If you're coming out, stop over and check it out.....It'll be in Race Trim and God willing this thing will run and race before the end of September.

Pics today consist of loading the Truck up to take home, hitting it up with some Adams products and mainly clay barring the truck to get to actually see the paint and condition. After cleaning what looks like years of grunge, grime, oxidation and just overwhelming paint contamination from sitting around many shops for the last 4-5 years, the paint came back amazingly considering.....I am impressed with how good it actually looks.

And Good lord....Look at how close the rear bumper is putting it on the trailer....and to think I still want to go lower.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Jesus. Great work. You fab at home? GTx55 I assume?

Cant wait to see some shake down pases at CR track day.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by coltboostin
Jesus. Great work. You fab at home? GTx55 I assume?

Cant wait to see some shake down pases at CR track day.
Good lord I wish I could take credit for the fab work....but I cannot. Gary Rohe did a majority of it. The Turbo is a GT55 Based Turbo.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you hoping to get the raceweight down to?

Quick Reply: My TBSS LSx275 Build - PROJECT:RapeTruck