Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ebay Turbo kit build thread 02 TA

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

The plugs, eh.. you get used to it. Some are extremely easy but you get to where you know that some are easy from the top, others are easy from the bottom but there's 1 or 2 that take a fair amount of patience to replace. I used the Taylor 135 degree (angle) plug wires (Taylor part # 92032) and they've been stellar. They stay away from the piping just fine. With my coils in the stock (valve cover) locations, I bent some short pieces of 3/32 aluminum TIG wire to make "S" hooks to keep the plug wires off the piping. One end of the S is on the coil the other supporting the middle of the plug wire. If you cut them and bend them uniformly, they look like they belong there.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by panda240ss
holy batman im reading this and then noticed...this is 4 years old....
true but better to bring up and old thread then to start up another on the exactly the same topic. PLUS i havent really posted in a long time. Been lurking after about 2013 lol
Old 03-09-2019, 07:21 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
The plugs, eh.. you get used to it. Some are extremely easy but you get to where you know that some are easy from the top, others are easy from the bottom but there's 1 or 2 that take a fair amount of patience to replace. I used the Taylor 135 degree (angle) plug wires (Taylor part # 92032) and they've been stellar. They stay away from the piping just fine. With my coils in the stock (valve cover) locations, I bent some short pieces of 3/32 aluminum TIG wire to make "S" hooks to keep the plug wires off the piping. One end of the S is on the coil the other supporting the middle of the plug wire. If you cut them and bend them uniformly, they look like they belong there.
i was wondering if you found any other way around it lol oh well. I have new plugs anyway, so i dont plan on replacing them all the time.
i plan on running mine with 317 heads with ls9 gaskets. I already have 60lb injectors and racetroic 255 pump kit, and it was previously tuned to to 2bar map and sd with hptuners.
hows has your setup held up so far?
Old 03-10-2019, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

It's been great. It's actually made so much power that first it killed my Ford 8.8 differential (broke the torque arm mount off the carrier), and when I got a newer stronger 8.8, then it murdered my TH350. Broke some hard parts inside. It was a solid, dependable setup though. Never leaked at the header flanges , sealed well at all the Vbands, never overheated or burned anything. I *did* relocate the two narrow band O2 sensor locations. The 'as delivered' NB bungs were too close to the Power steering bellow on the passenger side and too close to my power steering hoses on the drivers side. Overall it was a great deal for what? $500'ish brand new with all v-band clamps, a down pipe and wastegate flange? I think they're a bit more now, but mine was brand new from CRX.

I was able to drive from the house, stop at the carwash, then to the track, let some air out of the 315 M/T DR's (to 17psi) and race, hot-lapping and getting mid 10's, then drive home. Perfect fun car.

Right now, I'm trying to get the twins setup before the good weather gets here.

Hows Your car been doing?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

My previous rearmount was running just fine lol but im trying the front mount route like a big boy now lol
im in parts gathering mode. I got the hot side in the garage. Waiting on a few key components and then ime ready to start. Waiting for it to warm up too alittle. Been cold as **** out lately. Just got my center cover valves covers, pac 1218 springs, and ls9 head gaskets in for the 317 heads im going to put in with it. Cold side is still on its way. I want to have purpose build piping to get rid of any couplers i dont need. And a newer intercooler that doest have oil in it. ... stupid scavenger pump lol

i imagine you are just dumping under the car for exhaust or do you have a cat back hooked up to it?
Old 03-11-2019, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

For the PT7675 and CRX Hotside, believe it or not, it just hooked right up to the Borla Catback I had from the LT1 turbo setup.
The new twins are going to have two 3.0" traversing over the passenger side K-member under the flipped stock truck manifold in an 'Over/Under shotgun' format. The exits will be V-Banded right past the starter where the transition occurs from the firewall to the floor pan. This is still being welded up and, so far, so good. The passenger side/turbo hotside, downpipe are all welded and in the car positioned. I'm mocking up the drivers side this week. Looks to have enough room for both. It remains to be seen is the three sources of heat (manifold and the two downpipes, will prove to have too much heat. I'll try bare stainless at first but will resort to either coating or wrapping if it turns out its too much heat.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

I found that i need to weld a 3.5" flange in place of the 3" on the elbow to the the turbo as im running a gt45 turbo instead of my on3 t76. I would have ran that for starters but if you glance at my build thread, that just isnt happening lol seals blown and im not risking oil in my brand new intercooler. I litteraly have nearly all hard pipes in place. I just need that elbow welded. I see what you mean on the o2 sensors possitions. If you get the CBR powersteering hose kit, it clears alot of room for everything and the driver side o2. But the passenger side is definitely going to need to be relocated. Its right on the bellow as you say.
I also need a whole new exhaust as the old one was adapted to a rearmount. Im thinking of a cutout later.

Quick Reply: Ebay Turbo kit build thread 02 TA