Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone use the ls1 style 3 bar map sensor from efisource.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Thanks for the tips. I found that the harness from the AEM Truboost controller to the solenoid was shorted out and everytime I bumped into boost, the controller tried to interact with the solenoid and shorted out. That's been fixed.

If you wouldn't mind terribly, could you take some screen shots of the Sensors you've selected in your Chart, Graphs and gauges?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jmac636
I have mine setup unchecked and no mil light. I've always had it setup like that. I'm using the latest 3.0 version hpt now also without any issues. In the new scanner make sure you use the generic sensor and not the 3 bar map sensor. Also delete anything maf related in the Channels table. Then check to see if you can log above 105kpa. I also have been using the EFI source 3bar map sensor for a few years now without any problems.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I changed up my tune some and the MAF fail to like you posted. I believe the previous way was failing the MAF properly but this way is as well obviously from the DTC and CEL. I checked more on the MAP sensor and it seems to be working but I'm a little confused... Maybe because I'm such a tune newb but at key on it reads 105KPA, which is great. However does absolute manifold pressure read vacuum in PSI? It just kind of threw me off when I saw 8-9 psi at idle LOL. And the tip in throttle issues I was having was just the VE table needing some massaging. I got it alot better but the FleaBay 102mm TB is giving me a few issues. I think I'll just locate a stocker and go back to it with it.

RyanR
Old 09-09-2016, 01:31 PM
TECH Addict

Glad to see it's at least better. I too, had issues with an Ebay 'ported' throttle body and ended up ordering a new Edelbrock TB. It came with a new IAC motor and TPS sensor but the TPS Sensor won't let my harness plug seat fully. I took the TPS (which was new anyway) off the Ebay TB and put it on the Edelbrock. Works great now. You and I need to put our heads together on getting these PID's setup correctly.

I'll post up screen shots of my PIDs that do work .
Old 09-09-2016, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

I've just set this up. I'm not near the car right now so I can't hook it up to see if it works.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the same way I have my AFR Error histogram setup and it does work with my AEM wideband. I got it setup 2 days ago. What do you have going on with the boost histogram with the math added in? Only setup to see AFR error while in boost I'm guessing?
Old 11-29-2021, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map problem

Originally Posted by Area 51 Racing
Well I changed up my tune some and the MAF fail to like you posted. I believe the previous way was failing the MAF properly but this way is as well obviously from the DTC and CEL. I checked more on the MAP sensor and it seems to be working but I'm a little confused... Maybe because I'm such a tune newb but at key on it reads 105KPA, which is great. However does absolute manifold pressure read vacuum in PSI? It just kind of threw me off when I saw 8-9 psi at idle LOL. And the tip in throttle issues I was having was just the VE table needing some massaging. I got it alot better but the FleaBay 102mm TB is giving me a few issues. I think I'll just locate a stocker and go back to it with it.

RyanR
Did you resolve this problem? Mine does the exact same

Quick Reply: Anyone use the ls1 style 3 bar map sensor from efisource.com?