7.79%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Huron V1 VS. CXRacing VS. ON 3 Performance

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 02:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dzel
Jon is a stand-up guy, answered my questions on the kit while on vacation andIi didn't even buy it from him. He's made no money off of me and is still willing to answer my questions. Thanks Jon.
My pleasure, we stand behind our stuff! Anything else you may need always feel free to ask!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 07-04-2014, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I highly recommend Huron speed. My son and I are installing a Huron kit on his car currently and I am preparing to order the new T6 once we get the details hammered out. Huron has been fantastic to work with.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

i never contacted Jon as none of this was a big enough issue imo that i couldnt just refab and tweak the pipes to fit on the passenger side, so i/yall can blame myself for not trying to resolve the issue, the kit WAS NOT complete junk, was true SS pipes and the price wasnt bad, the cold side was complete and fit well, and after i got Vband to line up and welded, the turbo (MP76 .72 cold/1.0AR hot) sat in a good spot and didnt have any rad clearance issues even with the rad and condenser stood up and only moved forward half way into the core support. just had to fab up drop brackets for sway bar. decent kit for price just needs tweaking imo
Old 12-14-2014, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat but not considering the cx racing kit. I had a Huron non ac v1 kit on my last car and was very happy with the way it turned out but for the price of the on3 kit with turbo and just being a more complete kit for a significant price reduction I'm leaning that way. Anybody have installed pics of the on3 kit with the 78mm turbo?
Old 12-14-2014, 08:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Be sure to check out the Group Purchase we are running right now on all of our V2 kits. The V2 kits have enhancements that separate them from anything else on the market in terms of retaining OEM accessories, excellent wastegate plumbing to prevent boost control issues, larger down pipe options, stainless hardware included, extra thick hot side piping all v-banded and stainless. Check it out and in the group purchase you can't beat all of the extras, enhancements, and new updates you will get from our V2 kits at the Group Purchase pricing! Not to mention the Huron Speed customer service!

Jon

Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never had any problems with the v1 kit I bought second hand from a member here. I would love to participate in the group buy of the v2 kit but it is out of my budget after buying the turbo bov and wastegate
Old 12-14-2014, 08:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by pyro719
I never had any problems with the v1 kit I bought second hand from a member here. I would love to participate in the group buy of the v2 kit but it is out of my budget after buying the turbo bov and wastegate
No problem, just figured I would inform you in case you didn't see it! All it requires is a deposit now and you can use your tax return to make the final payment! Also you can get freebies in with the group purchase along with huge savings on name brand, high quality components that come with full warranties! Might be a little more end of the day but you will have a ton of excellent features in your kit along with high quality components that will leave you with a very reliable and excellent performing set-up backed by full warranties and customer service

Old 12-14-2014, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman09
No problem, just figured I would inform you in case you didn't see it! All it requires is a deposit now and you can use your tax return to make the final payment! Also you can get freebies in with the group purchase along with huge savings on name brand, high quality components that come with full warranties! Might be a little more end of the day but you will have a ton of excellent features in your kit along with high quality components that will leave you with a very reliable and excellent performing set-up backed by full warranties and customer service
Just got mine going again and hit 8lbs tonight for the first time! Huron speed FTW! CAN'T WAIT to get this thing to the track and see what it can doo!!!!!
Old 12-14-2014, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

I just finished my sts install. I keep ac, sway bars, stock k member, radiator in stock location, and with the proper cam and turbo size, im building boost at 2250 rpm. I have nothing but good things to say about my sts kit. Fitment was spot on. And they use top quality components. I have garrett turbo and tial bov & wg. Kit includes pretty much everything youll need for install on a stock vehicle. I made a few upgrades like replacing my exhaust with a walker brand stock replacement and i swapped to 6.0 liter heads but that was my choice not a requirement of the sts kit
Old 12-15-2014, 06:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did you really have to poll? Almost all the Huron turbo builds posters are very happy with their kit. Jon and Casey also hook you up with killer deals on whatever your kit needs.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

5 months later and my on3 kit has zero problems. love the kit. cant beat a complete setup for 2 grand.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Any idea what kind of power you are making with the on3 kit?
Old 12-15-2014, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

when i had it tuned at 5psi made 490 to the tires. i didnt want to add more boost until i get meth. bc im on pump gas.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Finally getting some time to finish up details and drive my CXR hotsided turbo 5.3. So far, so good. If I weren't already familiar with Turbo setups and their myriad issues, I'd go for the customer service of the Huron kit.

Since this is my 3rd setup and their kit looked good on the web, I ordered the $500 CXR kit. Stainless piping, good welds, good fitment and passenger side downpipe exit. At this writing, it seals well at the header flanges(stock GM header gaskets) and everything clears. I had to use 45 degree Taylor plugs to clear the piping and so far, no burned wires.

My radiator is in the standard 'slant' position but with my prior LT1 setup, I converted my stock cooling fans to 'pusher' orientation and put the fan assembly on the front of the radiator while removing the A/C condenser. With that configuration, the PT7675 is well away from the radiator surface, but if I hadn't done all that previously, I don't see how the turbine housing would NOT be sitting on the fan and/or shroud. BTW, this setup cools GREAT with the temp gauge never going beyond the first quarter mark. However, with the fan blades going in the opposite direction of their design, they howl quite a bit since the thick edge of the blades are striking the air.

I 'do' think the V band flanges might be seeping a bit since when I was under the engine while it was running (checking for leaks, wiring, etc) I think I heard some exhaust gas noises.

Finally, while I'd hoped the turbo would end up with a sufficient height to allow a decent gravity drain, it did not. I have a Turbowerx scavenge pump to put the oil back into the pan.

As I put more miles on the setup, I'll report if there's any issues.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:36 AM
TECH Regular

Any more updates on this. I'm about to order at kit myself.
I was just about to order the cxracing kit and I came across a good deal on a pro charger kit.
Now im not sure what to do.
Right now it's a toss up between the cxracing kit and a partial second hand pro charger kit.

How many people had to use a scavange pump to return the oil. I'd prefer not to do use one but I'd don't want any oil backing up and smoking
I'm plan on using an 80 or 88mm turbo if I go with the cxracing kit.

Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Finally getting some time to finish up details and drive my CXR hotsided turbo 5.3. So far, so good. If I weren't already familiar with Turbo setups and their myriad issues, I'd go for the customer service of the Huron kit.

Since this is my 3rd setup and their kit looked good on the web, I ordered the $500 CXR kit. Stainless piping, good welds, good fitment and passenger side downpipe exit. At this writing, it seals well at the header flanges(stock GM header gaskets) and everything clears. I had to use 45 degree Taylor plugs to clear the piping and so far, no burned wires.

My radiator is in the standard 'slant' position but with my prior LT1 setup, I converted my stock cooling fans to 'pusher' orientation and put the fan assembly on the front of the radiator while removing the A/C condenser. With that configuration, the PT7675 is well away from the radiator surface, but if I hadn't done all that previously, I don't see how the turbine housing would NOT be sitting on the fan and/or shroud. BTW, this setup cools GREAT with the temp gauge never going beyond the first quarter mark. However, with the fan blades going in the opposite direction of their design, they howl quite a bit since the thick edge of the blades are striking the air.

I 'do' think the V band flanges might be seeping a bit since when I was under the engine while it was running (checking for leaks, wiring, etc) I think I heard some exhaust gas noises.

Finally, while I'd hoped the turbo would end up with a sufficient height to allow a decent gravity drain, it did not. I have a Turbowerx scavenge pump to put the oil back into the pan.

As I put more miles on the setup, I'll report if there's any issues.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 524 Likes on 407 Posts

Huron Speed all day everyday.
Going on 3 years with my V1 AC kit, only issue was I used a BMR K-Member instead of the PA Racing unit but a little dimpling on the passenger side manifold pipe remedied that and that was a risk I took.
I drive the car every summer like I stole it and went on a 400 mile road trip with it last summer so its a legit kit.
Also spark plug changes are simple since it utilizes factory manifolds where the On3 AC kit plug changes are a flat out bastard from what I hear lol.
Most importantly there is Huron's customer service, Jon has always been there for any questions I had even though I purchased my kit used and that in itself speaks volumes for Huron Speed.
Old 01-26-2017, 07:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Just adding an update. I've driven my CXRacing hotside equipped car around several times since I posted last (9/2016) and its still doing great. No burned plug wires, no gasket/header leaks and hauling ***.
The following users liked this post:
JoshuaGrooms83 (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 89 Posts

Although I did vote for Huron Speeds kits, I am currently running a Cxracong kit. I voted for Huron for their overall availability of different combinations and hands down quality craftsmanship. if ibhad to do it again, I would have purchased the Huron V3 but you love and learn, but this is not to say the Cxracing kit doesn't work. Some fabrication and add ons are needed like wrapping all the hot pipes and plug wire sleeves, as well as understanding that you'll have to pull the hot side off in order to change sparknplugs. If there was someone that made regulator turbo manifolds that fit right up in place with spark plug access in kind, man someone would be making some money right now lol I love the turbo spool and any kit is better than no kit lol but
When im ready for a t6 kit, Huron V3 is my my next turbo kit for sure!

this is what happens if you dont use sleevs, even with wrapped headers if the wire happens to sits on the primary

Takes a larger flange to hook up larger t4 turbos even this gt45 which isnt that big technically

tight fit. this is before i put sleeves on the wires

driver side has a alittle more room but keep an eye on it.

Quick Reply: Huron V1 VS. CXRacing VS. ON 3 Performance