Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

longtubes and a front mount turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longtubes and a front mount turbo

im just starting my turbo build on my already ls swaped s10, im gonna put my s475 right behind the passenger headlight, but im having issues with fitting upside down manifolds due to my steering shaft, so i have been considering keeping my longtubes that wrap around the steering mounted normal and turning the piping from the collector underneath the truck back up to the turbo.

What will be some down sides to running my exhaust in this orientation?
im looking to make around 850 to the ground on this set up
Old 07-07-2014, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You'd be better off fabbing up a log-style manifold for the DS. Sell the longtubes for $$$ to recoup on the swap.

Long story short, you'll have trouble building the pressure you're looking for to hit those numbers.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BudRacing
You'd be better off fabbing up a log-style manifold for the DS. Sell the longtubes for $$$ to recoup on the swap.

Long story short, you'll have trouble building the pressure you're looking for to hit those numbers.
i hear you there, what i am gonna try to do is run truck manifolds in traditional orientation and run my cross behind the oil pan and back up to the turbo and flip the manifold on the passenger side
Old 07-07-2014, 04:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Where are you running the DP? If fender exit, then that sounds easily feasible. Otherwise you may be running out of room.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Teching In

my frame notched heavily for the longtubes i have been running with my current nitrous set up so with the passenger manifold flipped i will have a spot between the block and the frame to run my crossover pipe back up to the turbo, then the DP can run down and out at the front of the passenger door
Old 07-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Teching In

i have no inner fender wells so theres tons of room on the passenger side
Old 07-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

There are a few manifolds out there that allow you to run the stock truck manifold on the drivers side. You then route the exhaust around and into the back of the passenger side turbo manifold that is basically a forward facing manifold on with a rear inlet. I know KBracing makes one. There is at least one other company out there that makes these.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JoeNova
There are a few manifolds out there that allow you to run the stock truck manifold on the drivers side. You then route the exhaust around and into the back of the passenger side turbo manifold that is basically a forward facing manifold on with a rear inlet. I know KBracing makes one. There is at least one other company out there that makes these.
That sounds good too. I think the basic theme here is to sell your LT's as there is no benefit with them for a turbo application. Can you fit the truck manifold in a standard orientation?

Quick Reply: longtubes and a front mount turbo