Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

The RICE ETER Special... Almost done

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 05:06 PM
Turbo Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shwwweww..... just got back home... but I gotta leave again for a week july 6th.. anyways.. Thanks MM for updating them and thanks for the compliments everyone.

I was fooling with the alky before the dyno (dumb me) and due to the rain that morning, I only found one dry patch of road on the way to the dyno and so I did a 4th gear pull to make sure everything was alright..... the car made and held 11psi.
I get on the dyno and not only is the car real laggy but the boost goes right to 9 or so and then falls back to 7psi... that was the first pull. So i figured the dyno just wasn't loading the car enough.... kept cranking the boost up for the next two pulls and all i got was about 1/2# more.... so the last two were back to back at about 7.5 after falling from 9ish. After leaving the dyno, the car kept making less and less boost and running pig rich. I didn't find out til I was at a friend house that the bottom side of the TTi rubber elbow to the throttle body had split. I had to go to vegas the nest day and i haven't touched it since. I tried calling around from Vegas trying to get a replacement. I found one from Turbohose.com but they wanted $160 for one piece. I don't want the same nitride or whatever rubber boot I have now, I need the good silicone ones.... 3.5"-4" on a 90 degree.

This was on straight 93 with the alky injection. And I am trying to rig something up so i can re-dyno it again but with more boost before i go to Ca.

Hopefully the dyno pic will show up.. sorry for the poor quality. The last pull was 513rwhp/534rwtq.. at about 7.5#'s. The car dynoed 370rwhp/355rwtq before when I was N/A.. but that was on a different dynojet.... so i don't know if the two can be compared.

I have some finished pics of the kit that i need to upload... but i will do it when i have more time... the dynp pic is here: http://community.webshots.com/user/riceetr in the turbo folder.

Yep same T66..... .96A/R on-center. Does anyone know what it is rated for?

Thanks again guys,

-Jarrod
Old 07-08-2004, 06:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

i bout my silicon TB hose from raymer
i taped my old rubber one from turbotech up with good old 200mph black tape. (duct tape)
old trick somebody told me. (cablebandit)
Old 07-08-2004, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

smokin,
how much did that TB hose cost you if you dont mind me asking?
thanks
ed
firebird455@onebox.com
Old 07-08-2004, 11:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

think it was $70
Old 07-08-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks

Quick Reply: The RICE ETER Special... Almost done