Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LJMS Customer John Belchers 1100rwhp 4th Gen Fbody

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LJMS Customer John Belchers 1100rwhp 4th Gen Fbody

Just your average every day looking 4th gen....

Till you open the hood....

The Combo is a 427 inch stroker topped with Tony Mamo Ported AFR 245's and Fast 102. Positive manifold pressure is provided by a GT55 94mm Garrett turbo and of course with an LJMS Camshaft providing the heartbeat.

This past weekend it got strapped down on the dyno at Fastmann Racing and laid down some pretty good numbers...

This was a race gas tuneup at 22 psi.... On the pump gas tune it was still over 1k to the tire... through an Unlocked converter. These pulls were also with a Filter on the turbo, and a 5 to twin 3 inch all the way to the bumper exhaust! Dumped downpipe and removing the filter and I bet this thing would pick up 100 rw.

This thing is one of the most mild mannered looking 4 digit rwhp street cars I've ever seen... Killer job John!
Old 11-07-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Pretty sick.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:25 PM
kjm
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Job that biotch is making some power. What air filter is that? model ? part#?

You guys rock
Old 11-07-2014, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

why do people always say the FASTS are bad for boost. that one sounds like its working pretty well at 1100 wheel.

nice job man. any videos of the beast in action?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Who built the system?
Old 11-07-2014, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a real small K&N cone filter on my turbo. It wasn't a restriction until 950rwhp or so we took the filter off and it was worth ~20-30rwhp up to 1200+rwhp where we stopped

Old 11-07-2014, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

How much bigger is a gt55 over a s400 turbo?
Old 11-07-2014, 08:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Spectre86
why do people always say the FASTS are bad for boost. that one sounds like its working pretty well at 1100 wheel.

nice job man. any videos of the beast in action?

In the same breath that this car has a fast on it.... I have to Say Barry Cook busted the whole bottom out of his fast intake on 13 or so psi....

I just think its a general concensus a multipiece intake just isnt the best platform to start with.
Old 11-07-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

It seems like the bottom always goes. I suppose it could be padded under the intake to take up the air gap and reduce the amount it can flex.
Old 11-07-2014, 11:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 383 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by LJMSJohn
In the same breath that this car has a fast on it.... I have to Say Barry Cook busted the whole bottom out of his fast intake on 13 or so psi....

I just think its a general concensus a multipiece intake just isnt the best platform to start with.
I bet you the guy used the wrong valley cover bolts and a crack in the valley floor started from that....the 102 is (IMO) bulletproof at any sane level of boosts. Its 3 lbs heavier than the older style 90/92's and much more ruggedly built. The runners are individual with O-ring seals and I know for a fact that the manufacturer pressure checked the new 102 design to over 100 PSI with no issues (I have good relations with the guys whom FAST partnered with to actually build/manufacture the intake).

Take one apart guys....its pretty stout and a huge step up over the older version in terms of design and build quality.

Johns car rocks....wait till he gets the converter locked and a few other items ironed out.....I think it will show over 1200 to the ground when the smoke clears thru a huge heavy power robbing driveline (and a Mustang dyno which typically err on the side of caution....LOL)

I'm pretty sure its the most powerful AFR cathedral package that I know of

Cheers,
Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 11-08-2014, 06:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That curve is beautiful. Not to mention 1k+ whp but damn look at that curve. Congrats!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

John did you mention these are Mustang dyno numbers at that lol.
Old 11-08-2014, 03:59 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 383 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by slowride
It seems like the bottom always goes. I suppose it could be padded under the intake to take up the air gap and reduce the amount it can flex.
You know in regards to that, I think most people don't even realize FAST provides three rubber spacers that your suppose to stick along the bottom of the intake.....there are recesses in the intake that they fit nicely in.

It actually supports the bottom shell of the intake with the spacers taking up the gap above the valley plate. Any slight deflection from the boost would be eliminated this way.

They are usually included in the bag of extra hardware and instructions (instructions.....who reads that!....LOL)

Breezing thru this thread again quickly and reading your post it dawned on me I should probably mention that. Might help someone reading this down the road

-Tony

www.mamomotorsports.com

Tony@MamoMotorsports.com

Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Build it right the first time....its alot cheaper than building it twice!!
Old 11-08-2014, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently noticed that after a bit of miles there is a lot of flex and play between the pieces of the manifolds.

The gaskets seemed to have lot a lot of their thickness for lack of a better word.

I'm sure when a fast is new. All of the above you mentioned is true. But I bet after some miles the pressure combined with the slack between pieces can cause some issues.

I actually had the gaskets that seal the runners just come apart as I removed runners. About half of them.

On my most recent tear down
Old 11-09-2014, 12:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice setup
Old 11-10-2014, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mrstepheneades
John did you mention these are Mustang dyno numbers at that lol.
LOL yea... i kinda forgot to say that it was on a Mustang... I'm so used to seeing pictures of the different screens and knowing which ones an MD and which ones a DJ, I don't give it much thought any more.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts

ha, I always wondered what those pockets on the bottom of a 90 were for. So did they include those spacers with all the 78, 90, 92 and 102's? I only had a used 90 so I never got the chance to see the spacers or instructions. Thanks for pointing that out Tony.

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
You know in regards to that, I think most people don't even realize FAST provides three rubber spacers that your suppose to stick along the bottom of the intake.....there are recesses in the intake that they fit nicely in.

It actually supports the bottom shell of the intake with the spacers taking up the gap above the valley plate. Any slight deflection from the boost would be eliminated this way.

They are usually included in the bag of extra hardware and instructions (instructions.....who reads that!....LOL)

Breezing thru this thread again quickly and reading your post it dawned on me I should probably mention that. Might help someone reading this down the road

-Tony
Old 11-10-2014, 08:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Tony Mamo
I bet you the guy used the wrong valley cover bolts and a crack in the valley floor started from that....the 102 is (IMO) bulletproof at any sane level of boosts. Its 3 lbs heavier than the older style 90/92's and much more ruggedly built. The runners are individual with O-ring seals and I know for a fact that the manufacturer pressure checked the new 102 design to over 100 PSI with no issues (I have good relations with the guys whom FAST partnered with to actually build/manufacture the intake).

Take one apart guys....its pretty stout and a huge step up over the older version in terms of design and build quality.

Johns car rocks....wait till he gets the converter locked and a few other items ironed out.....I think it will show over 1200 to the ground when the smoke clears thru a huge heavy power robbing driveline (and a Mustang dyno which typically err on the side of caution....LOL)

I'm pretty sure its the most powerful AFR cathedral package that I know of

Cheers,
Tony

Think its powerful now.... John thought he had a Billet wheel 94... turns out it has a stock cast wheel in it...

Once he gets used to it and wants more... It'll get a billet wheel....and might make a couple hundred more.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LJMSJohn
Think its powerful now.... John thought he had a Billet wheel 94... turns out it has a stock cast wheel in it...

Once he gets used to it and wants more... It'll get a billet wheel....and might make a couple hundred more.
With the same boost level? Knew billet wheels did work! No wonder they outlaw them in some classes haha.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
With the same boost level? Knew billet wheels did work! No wonder they outlaw them in some classes haha.
doubt it will pick up that much at the same boost level... we typically seen 50-100 rwhp boost to boost on the billet stuff.

Quick Reply: LJMS Customer John Belchers 1100rwhp 4th Gen Fbody