Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I have to say Good Bye!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 07:11 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy I have to say Good Bye!!!

Well, I sold the kit, it is already out of the car.
Im moving to the dark side of N2O, im a quiter, Im sorry!
I couldnt get it right, the only way i could see it right was with about 4-6 K
for bigget turbos a gen 7 ect ect ect!
I just want to race and have fun, so i have already started my new set up and it should be ready in a month or so.
Im sure i'll be back to FI one day once a kit is tried and true, till then i hope im welcome to watch you guys do what you do, just sux i wont be a part of it anymore. I will be spending more time on N2O and Internal engen section. But anyway we shall see
Old 06-07-2004, 07:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks Brad........ I know ive pondered that route before.........
Old 06-07-2004, 07:51 AM
8 second mod

it does suck, But i need a change, i was just getting iered and feed up with the car. if the kit didnt sell so fast i may have changed my mind, but it sold same day for my asking price and im boxing it up today/tommorow.
Im sure i'll have some fun, I know you guys wont realy care but i'll keep you posted on my new setup.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear about the Turbo woes man but I guess a man can only take so much. So im assuming you going to have to change alot of stuff to go back semi n/a. cam,heads,headers,another set of guages etc. Im assuming the cost of your turbo kit decreased the difference in you buysing some of this new stuff. Good luck.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:25 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nitrous rules!!!!!!!!!

I would like a turbo car when someone has one that if completely proven and affaordable (I can't afford LPE, and they are the only ones doing them with perfect track record). The QMP kit looks great, just would like to see more people running them on non-stock engines. Nitrous is cheap and easy. I just finally started my install this weekend. Hopefully a 382 on a 200 shot will beat lots of turbo cars!

Good luck with the F.I. though, we need people to keep trying new things and finding out what works and what does not.

SDB
Old 06-07-2004, 08:28 AM
8 second mod

yes the turbo kit is helping and i also have to sell my FI heads i just did.
But it isnt real cheep, im doing a Nozzle system with chrome this and polished that. it is going to be nice tho. im pretty excited about the swap tho, its something new. why no right?
Old 06-07-2004, 09:49 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Good luck, big nitrous can be a pain also but you just cant beat the stuff for HP per dollar and drag racing fun - thats for sure.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

You'll have a lot of fun with the spray I would go wet or direct port though. The TNT F2 kit is fantastic.

Lots of guys running 250 plus through that kit.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Laters Brad I hope you are up and running soon
J
Old 06-07-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

i forgot to ask what tires were you running friday/saturday at the track
Old 06-07-2004, 10:50 AM
8 second mod

Nitros can be a pain, yes. But it is easy to work on it. it is the same as a regular motor, you dont have a bunch of tubes and hoses ect in the way. like i said my kit is mint for a stock motor where you dont have to touch it for 10k miles. then you dont get agrivated with it. but a race motor needs plugs check and so on, with turbos it just isnt easy.
The kit im getting is the Derect port Nozzle system from nos. ill hit the car with a 150-175 for starters.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:10 AM
kp
8 Second Club

By a pain I mean keeping bottle pressure up and keeping them filled (always have at least two bottles) etc. I may be joining you soon though, the thought of getting 80lbs off the front of my car and leaving with a 150 TNT shot with heads/cam is starting to look pretty appealing especially since I pretty much dont street drive the car anymore. Not to mention nitrous is hot weather friendly as opposed to FI..

I have zero issues with the ATI and they work awesome on a stock motor but I think a decent head/cam setup with n2o will get me awefull close to the 9s on a stock short block with what the car weighs and all.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:15 AM
8 second mod

MM, i forgot. I was running my hoosiers 27 11.5 15
their is a vidio in the easter section of one pass.
KP, im not to worried, im getting 1 bottle with the kit, and buying two spares, and i have a friend who has a fill station and another shop about 10 min from my house and my traviling friend with a moble fill station who is at the track evey night.
I should have a full supply all the time.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

I will be going to the dark side as well if my new SD stuff doesn't work
Old 06-07-2004, 12:05 PM
8 second mod

Bos, let me try it first, i'll let you know how it is!!

If anyone needs a Nice set of FI heads, let me know.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

"a proven kit"?

How do you prove a kit? Do they come and install it for you, and tune your car? Short of buying a kit that comes with a PCM programmed to your car you are never going to find a "proven kit".

To me, a proven kit means a set of headers that supplies exhaust to a turbo or turbos and it shows boost on a gauge. Programming the car isnt the responsibility of the turbo builder.

That said, good luck with the nitrous.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:10 PM
8 second mod

No a proven kit, one that is proven to push 15-20 psi, one that doesnt crack headers, one that knows what springs the waist gate needs, one that comes from a place with good customer service,one that has a proven Intercooler.
The closest thing ive seen so far Is Mighty mouse and his turbo tech kit. i delt with TT to rebuild my turbos and they seemed easy to deal with, maybe i will let MM try their kit, find all the issues and then i'll scoop a "Proven Kit"
My kit has the customer service of Incon!!!! so it isnt easy all R+D is done by me!!
Thats what i mean by proven, also one that runs the Number! I see alot ofe people with gobs and gobs of power just not running the number.
Call me crazy, but if i get back into FI it is going to be a "proven" kit, not a prototype like mine.
Again, mine is proven to 10-12 psi, after that it just doesnt want to do it.
thanks for the wish of luck tho. I have a good team behind me who knows nitros so i should be ok.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You're going to regret your choice to go back to nitrous, especially if you go with a 13:1 motor like you had planned. Not only are you going to need to fill the main tank up with race gas to drive the car hard, but even if you ran pump gas-able compression you would need to run race gas any time you wanted to spray. IMHO, an 11:1 408 that runs on pump gas fed by a real direct port kit that runs off of a seperate fuel cell is the way to go if you want to drive your car on the street at all. The difference in power between an 11:1 and a 13:1 348 might be 20 horsepower, but an 11:1 408 would make more peak power, more power under the curve, and more low end power.

Just my 2 cents, although after owning several turbo cars I am NEVER going to go back to juice.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
8 second mod

I may regret it, but im going to give it a shot.
im not going 13-1, that was kind of a joke, and im not hitting it with a 300 shot(yet)
im going 11.1 cr, I have a fuel cell already and will have a seperate pump for the Direct port system. Im doing the N2O set up the right way. it should work out good.
by the way with 15 psi and stock pcm i use to run 110 oct ALL the time anyway, so a 11-1 motor is mint for me.
I love turbo, believe me i know i will miss it, but i needed a brake from it and a change
Old 06-07-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to see you go Noyzee. Good luck with the N2O setup. Let us know your likes and dislikes of the switch over.

Mike

Quick Reply: I have to say Good Bye!!!