Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Snow Performance Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

Default Snow Performance Customer Service

I'm not one to bitch unless I feel I really got the wrong end of the stick. I wanted a water/meth kit for my blown SBC. So I figured I'd give Snow the nod. I called Snow and left messages 2 times, no call back. 3rd time I got to talk with Nathan. I explained what my set-up is because I wanted to order the correct kit. It's a 355 with a 6-71 and dual carbs. I said I already have a carb adapter I wanted to drill for the nozzles. He said that's great I can save you some money over the "normal" roots blower kit. So he sets up the order and ships the kit. I get the kit, open it and quickly realize there is only one nozzle kit in the box. So I call back a couple times again, Nathan answered and he asked me to hold. Well 20 minutes later, I hang up and call back. Back on hold I go. 12 minutes later Nathan picks up and I explained the situation. He says no problem and says he forgot to add a dual nozzle upgrade to the kit. He said they'll ship it for free but I have to pay for it. I figured everyone makes mistakes, no biggie. I get the dual nozzle upgrade kit and open it and there are no nozzles/jets in the bag. So I called again and got through directly. I explained to Nathan that there were no nozzles/jets in the kit and he said that it doesn't come with them. I said I thought they would have been included otherwise I would have asked for them. I told him the original kit came with 3 nozzles/jets and he said yeah a #3, 5 & 6. He said he would ship them out but wasn't sure he could get free shipping this time (no one else was at the store at the time due to a large snowstorm in CO). I asked that he try and let me know. No call back. A priority mail package arrived 6 days later and I opened it to find 1 nozzle, not 3 and an invoice for $6.10 for the shipping and $29.99 for the nozzle. I calmly called back again, left a massage, missed his return call. Called back again and put on hold once again. Finally I got to talk to Nathan and explained the situation. He said his superiors said that was the best that they could do. I've been in business going on 3 decades and this is no way to treat a customer. They screwed this order up from day one. I never even raised my voice to Nathan, too old for that. I should have known from the initial 3 calls to talk to someone that I was using the wrong company. I have not finished the install of the kit yet, but it appears high quality and doubt I'll have any problems. I just think they could eat $36 and say sorry for F'n up my order 3 times.

Moral of the story is "Be careful who you choose for a water/meth kit".

P.S. I didn't ask specifically for Nathan every time, but he usually answered the tech line. I am not blaming him either. If this is truly how his "superiors" told him to handle customer concerns, it's not his fault.

End rant, sorry had to vent.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:05 AM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

This is why when you place an order...before hanging up the phone run through exactly all the parts you have ordered ( or think you have ordered ), and have them re-confirm this.

Assumptions and all that....

But it does still sound like a bit of a mess.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

I agree to a point. I am inexperienced with water/meth. So I wouldn't know everything that should be in the kit. But I would have recognized the missing nozzles.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Apache
I agree to a point. I am inexperienced with water/meth. So I wouldn't know everything that should be in the kit. But I would have recognized the missing nozzles.
Man that sucks its not my business what u paid for the kit but I researched kits for about a month and pulled the trigger on the alky control kit. Julio is so good at customer service it's unreal and not only that I have several emails from him on Sunday and Saturday afternoons all concerning my needs for the kit progressive dual nozzle kit with everything needed for install except for the tank I didn't need a tank but it was 500$ shipped to my door and We have talked several times since about install questions sorry this went this way I know it's frustrating. Moral of the story go with Julio he's the best
Old 04-03-2016, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sucks to read. I have had great customer service from them in the past, but its been a few years since I've delt with them. Hope you get it sorted out.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Devil's own has treated me well, I spoke with them several times on the phone.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had great luck with Snow Performance. Much better than dealing with Julio. Julio actually raised his voice to me when I didn't agree with him that I needed to run 100% meth instead of a 50:50 water meth mix. I'm sure Julio's kits are good, but it rubbed me the wrong way big time. I've used Snow Performance for all my meth injection needs ever since. Never once had an issue with them (but as with everyone I order with, I did taken the time to talk and confirm everything first).
Old 04-03-2016, 03:57 PM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

Julio never returned one phone call from us. Nor did he answer any emails.
After reading the poor instructions, I'm still not sure how to adjust the setup. Or how it works......
Thankfully, it's not on my car.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Alot of write UPS on how to DIY guys.
I had bad exp. First time around trying buy meth kit.
Can find all the parts on eBay or online to build a kit. And some research. That's what I did n just build em on my own now. And not to mention the savings and dealing w someone who just takes orders over the phone.
With hassles like the op had.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:00 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

NemeSS, whose pumps do you use?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sureflo pumps are what SnowPerformance uses. You can buy those on the interwebs also. I looked at doing that, but for what I got from SnowPerformance vs buying all the misc. parts online, the savings were marginal, and a lot easier for me just to make one order that came with insructions than ordering from 5 different websites and dealing with seperate tracking numbers and figuring out how to DIY.

To each his own...
Old 04-03-2016, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The cheap shurflo pumps rated for methanol n 100psi. Usually under 100$ shipped. Pushlock hose n that cheap fuel injection hose.

Quick Reply: Snow Performance Customer Service