Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

QMP turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 05:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

-I don't have a lockup T400.

-Looks like you are making some big numbers, I'd love to make 792rwhp maybe after I buy a YSi Trim.

-Either I will drive, or a friend of mine who has an 8 second Renegade Mustang who was going to spectate regardless. I'd let Kurt from W2W take the wheel too if he wanted to make a pass or two.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well being as my car was a non-shop car it was the second fastest QMP on the list last year, pretty sad This is, and always was nothing more than a hobby for me and I have no intention or interest in being the fastest car on the boosted list. Rob you can't seem to get it through your head that I don't race in any class or for money, simply fun and the enjoyment of the car.

The only goal I care about right now is that my car is faster than it was last year. Mightymouse already made that point and so will I. It was great how you rode RICEETR about his lack of knowledge and what did he do? Yeah that's right, he proved you wrong and went out and built his own kit and it works great. There are many dissatified customers and more and more are voicing their discontent. I am sure you will continue to blame your problems on everyone else, BTW why is Al not dealing with you anymore?

Rob, your pitiful if you think your personal attacks bother me, they don't and I wouldn't stoop to that level, too bad you have to. Again I will offer input and continue to do so however, I will not bother to respond to you directly again.

You are the weakest link, goodbye
Old 06-18-2004, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cablebandit
Rob do you sell the FAST system for a turbo buick? I have a friend wanting to buy one. Also, do you know the hp limit of the GN block....he is thinking of buying a stage II block but i keep telling him that he can run nines with the stock block. Am I wrong?
Yes, we do sell them. And unfortunately, you aren't 100% right. There are people who have ran 9's with stock blocks and lightened cars...but VERY few. I have personally split a stock 3.8 block into literally two pieces in a mid 10 second Buick. The only thing that was holding it together were the aftermarket billet mains and the intake. There are many others who have done the same thing with even slower cars.
Anything much faster than 10.9 at near full weight, and we usually go with the Stage blocks. Not cheap...but cheaper in the long run.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Warbird
Well being as my car was a non-shop car it was the second fastest QMP on the list last year, pretty sad This is, and always was nothing more than a hobby for me and I have no intention or interest in being the fastest car on the boosted list. Rob you can't seem to get it through your head that I don't race in any class or for money, simply fun and the enjoyment of the car.

The only goal I care about right now is that my car is faster than it was last year. Mightymouse already made that point and so will I. It was great how you rode RICEETR about his lack of knowledge and what did he do? Yeah that's right, he proved you wrong and went out and built his own kit and it works great. There are many dissatified customers and more and more are voicing their discontent. I am sure you will continue to blame your problems on everyone else, BTW why is Al not dealing with you anymore?

Rob, your pitiful if you think your personal attacks bother me, they don't and I wouldn't stoop to that level, too bad you have to. Again I will offer input and continue to do so however, I will not bother to respond to you directly again.

You are the weakest link, goodbye
....weak....
Old 06-18-2004, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Warbird - blah, blah, blah-bla-blah.

Nobody has proven anything. If they had, MM or RICE PETR would be above me on the Boosted List. Especially MM with his new ARE engine, full standalone DFI and TTi Race Kit. Why isn't it faster? If he had spent half the time and money he spent going to his current setup, I can guarantee you he would have already been running in the 9's with our kit.

Heck, he hasn't even outran the 10.17 I went on my first ever trip to the track with my current "budget" build-up. You know, stock heads, stock cam, stock crank, stock PCM, stock LS1 Intake, etc, etc.
For that matter...only one person has, and it's not turbo.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

I"m done, keep it civil guy's or it will get locked anytime.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Ahhhhh....jealousy.

Last edited by Rob Raymer; 06-18-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Let me see if I can help:

1. The QMP Turbo Kit SUCKS!
2. It can't make any power!
3. It will never put you at the top of The Boosted List.
4. Of the Top 10 Fastest Boosted Cars, it will not be the most common Turbo Kit used to get you there.
5. It cannot make 775rwhp on a stock 125,000 mile LS1 Engine like all of the other kits can.

Or:

1. The QMP Turbo Kit made the highest ever recorded HP on a stock LS1 engine.
2. The QMP Turbo Kit has held the record for the last 3 years straight for the fastest Turbo LS1 in the World.
3. QMP was the first to ever run in the 10's the 9's with a turbo and completely stock engine. And was also the first ever turbo LS1 to run in the 9's.
4. QMP still holds the record for the quickest ever 1/4 mile with a turbo LS1 and stock engine, which it has held for over 3 years now.
5. QMP has the distinct honor of having the highest HP graph published in the HP Books, "Building the LS1 Engine", using the QMP Turbo Kit.

*Some people seem to have a real hard time distinguishing facts from lies.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Resident

What it seems this boils down to me is if you get a QMP kit THEY need to be the ones that do the install and tune end of story..
Old 06-18-2004, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

something is interesting about guys blowing thousands on tuning and racing their cars but can't stop seemingly childish arguments. if you're not good enough to make something work then don't.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

yea its a pos, but gets me from a to b.

i have run the car exactly one time since getting the controller straight.. it was 90* outside, it was a 10.6 on a 1.8 60'... figure a 1.5x would net a 10.0.. and maybe one day i'll turn up the boost too.

all i know is rob's got mad hookups to get it to rain out my last three streetnights in a row down here.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
all i know is rob's got mad hookups to get it to rain out my last three streetnights in a row down here.
What can I say...me and JC are tight....

BTW, I just spoke to him. Don't expect to run again for 40 Days and 40 Nights.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Lol!!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

i dont ussually get in these thing but rob just becauour car did this and that,it doesnt mean that everyones car will do that i am having a hell of a time with my setup right now but the reason why you dont hear about it is you dont care,plain and simple,you can say you do but you say that to make you look good,im not trying to attack you here but if you havent noticed i say nothing about you and used to always stick up for you but you never gave me the time of day and quite frankly since 3 months after i ordered my kit i was horrified with my experiance,im not going to say its all bad the kit definatlly has good sides a lot of them but i think it would be even better if there was customer support there,i trusted no shops untill i went to ttp,the customer support there is great,and i would recomend them to anyone,but you and me both know about the problems we i had when i first got the kit,and thats the thing it was just you and me noone from the board no pms but you still treated me like i only got a lid from you,maybe if the customers were happy with you they would be happy with the product,it would deffinatly change my sayings toward it
Old 06-18-2004, 07:39 PM
On The Tree

I Missed Rob!
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

also sorry about the spelling or lack of i am in a huge rush
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Transdamit, what exactly is wrong with your QMP setup?
Old 06-18-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

I have said this before, but I appreciate Rob and all that he has done. He makes progress with his car and tells about it. From what I've read, Rob doesn't usually come in unless he or his skills/kit is attacked. Now I've never had first hand experience with him, but I would say he either knows what he's doing of has cajones grandes to do what he did with a stock engine. Just a word of advice that the best mechanic I've ever known told me: "Do it once and do it right." In other words, let Rob do the work and you'll be fine.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Abidar
I have said this before, but I appreciate Rob and all that he has done. He makes progress with his car and tells about it. From what I've read, Rob doesn't usually come in unless he or his skills/kit is attacked. Now I've never had first hand experience with him, but I would say he either knows what he's doing of has cajones grandes to do what he did with a stock engine. Just a word of advice that the best mechanic I've ever known told me: "Do it once and do it right." In other words, let Rob do the work and you'll be fine.

Very well said!

Rob its good to hear from you. It always get boring in here without you. Too bad is had to be so rash in here thought.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

John, if that meeting goes down w/ Rob at N vs S. I want to be there too .I want to see how you explain this crap thats going on.
I also find it funny, how it only happens when Rob makes a comment.
I think we all see how he is treated on here. If he is right or wrong
he is treated unequally and its needs to stop .
Its funny how theres always another side to a story w/ all these
bashers .