Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

QMP turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Based on reading Scott's post I believe he was just checking it over prior to install...
Old 06-18-2004, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob Raymer

Okay, Scott. First of all, I sold you the motor you bought and advertised it EXACTLY as you purchased. I CLEARLY stated that it "DOES NOT INCLUDE VALVETRAIN, i.e. rockers and pushrods". If you can't remember that, use the search feature on this site and find the original Ad when I posted it for sale. But don't blame your poor memory on me. Perhaps you couldn't remember since you didn't check the motor out until nearly a year AFTER you received it?
This one?
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26727

03-05-2003, 10:57 PM #1
Rob Raymer
On The Tree

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This motor is the same one in our Project Z28 you are all familiar with. It has less than 40 miles on it, and has never been raced. It has the best of everything, and is turbo ready.

Due to a new max cubic inch limitation in the Outlaw Street Car Association race that we participate in, we cannot use this engine. It was built last year by Agostino Racing Engines in Canada, and has only been started and driven up and down the street a few times. We just installed the Fel-Pro system 2 weeks ago, and have yet to even do any tuning on the engine since finding out the new rules.

This engine is an 8.5:1 6.0 ltr iron block, with a Lunati Pro Billet stroker crank, Pro Billet Rods, Ross FI Pistons, custom grind 589/612 lift Hyd Roller cam, Stage 3 heads, 1/2 studs, custom head work (additional aluminum welding for boost support), double o-ringed block, ATI SFI damper, etc, etc. As I said, this engine is basically BRAND NEW.

Without a core, this combination would sell for nearly $16,000 from ARE. I will take $10,500 delivered in the US48, for the complete Long Block (no intake, ignition, or fueling included).

If you plan on building a forced induction motor....it doesn't get any better than this.
10.17 @ 138 w/1.47 60ft @ 720rwhp setting, log manifold w/T76 on-center turbo, stock unported passenger manifold, stock unported heads w/o-rings, stock ls1 intake, stock TB, stock cam, stock crank, 8.25:1 compression, stock gears, stock M6 trans, stock front shocks, stock TQ Arm, full weight 3840lbs raceweight...10.17 first trip to the track.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Answer: Because it's not as easy as eveyone thinks.
Amen to that This FI stuff is damn hard to get running correctly....So whens the Formula going to make a track run again Rob?
Old 06-18-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks DEE99TA, that would be the one and I don't see any reference to a missing/damaged valvetrain.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

damn does the truth ever hurt who said it will set you free?
Old 06-18-2004, 04:18 PM
SSU Moderator

Why doesn't ATI or Vortech get this kind of bashing? After all, I haven't seen anyone just throw on one of those kits on and lay down a number. Hell, PSJ's car made one semi-impressive "unlocked 400 turbo" number, and we've never heard anything else about it. We're over half way through the race season and it STILL hasn't made a pass!
And where's Harlan?? That car was "finished" last year, has the best of everything, tubular twin turbo headers, GM tuning ability, etc, etc,. and it's only been to the track once that I know of! And we still haven't seen his dyno graph posted. Why hasn't he outran my time if our kit is so bad???
BWAAAAHHAHAHAHAAAHAH!!!!!!!!! Sorry guys...Raymer's got all of you by the ***** until someone runs faster then he has. AHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA EDIT...well, not all of you...Kurt/427 is still probably the most knowledgable, and fasted LS1 guy that I've seen/heard of.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

Well, I honestly thought that I had posted that it didn't include rockers and pushrods. I am obviously wrong. I would therefore be more than happy to ship those out to Scott Monday if he still wants them.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Warbird, why can you never mind your own business? If your car ran half as fast as your mouth you'd be at the top of Boosted List instead of the bottom.

FWIW, this could have just as easily been handled the same way by Scott. I told him when we talked on teh phone that I posted it without valvetrain, and he said "oh, okay". End of subject.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are great. My wife watches soap operas for the drama, I come here. I was wondering when Rob was going to show up.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Warbird - Speaking of admitting wrong. I assume you're in the bathroom now verifying your 4" measurement?
Old 06-18-2004, 04:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rob do you sell the FAST system for a turbo buick? I have a friend wanting to buy one. Also, do you know the hp limit of the GN block....he is thinking of buying a stage II block but i keep telling him that he can run nines with the stock block. Am I wrong?
Old 06-18-2004, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

No personal attacks or threats.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Angry

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
No personal attacks or threats.
WTF are you talking about PSJ??? This whole thread has been a personal attack against me! Or have you not noticed?

And just like I said, you never once bothered to say anything about it
UNTIL AFTER I RESPONDED.
Even though we KNOW you were reading along since you already posted on page 1.....

Oh well...at least I'm not PAYING to get attacked here anymore....
Old 06-18-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Haha, this is great
Old 06-18-2004, 04:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

There are no comments about your personal appearance, just negative or constructive comments about your products or tuning. I'll explain it to you in great detail tomorrow, why don't you pit next to me and Harlan so we can go over it between rounds on the track.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
There are no comments about your personal appearance, just negative or constructive comments about your products or tuning. I'll explain it to you in great detail tomorrow, why don't you pit next to me and Harlan so we can go over it between rounds on the track.
Where did I say anything about "personal appearance"? The turbo sits 4" from the end of our manifold, NOT 12-16" as WB said. I was only assuming that he was used to telling people that something 4" was much bigger, based on his poor measuring skills.

And I guess telling people that I "don't know how to tune, and damage engines" isn't a personal attack??? WTF?? Especially when the person accusing me hurting his engine by not knowing how to tune didn't even have me tune his car!!

PSJ, you're a joke. Which I guess is why you have the "unkown comedian" as your avatar....
Old 06-18-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

have to side with ROb getting bashed a lot on here and then the threads get closed before he can reply or just after his attackers reply back after starting it so they always seem to get the last word.
PSJ Have you made any passes yet?Numbers look very good.
On The Tree

And for God's Sake PSJ...RUN A FRIGGIN' 9 THIS WEEKEND, would you??!!!

That way you'll at least have a big timeslip to go with your big head....
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Brian said his piece, you have said yours, the facts are all laid out. I'm not a fan of mail order tunes either. Seems like the ball is in Brian's court to provied more information showing that he did not get a bad mail-tune.

As far as your funny comments, just come out to tomorrow, pit next to me and Harlan, and we can take the time to have a conversation on this stuff and try to turn a corner.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

One more thing PSJ...whatever you do DONT LOCK THAT T400!!!

The LS1 world isn't mentally ready to handle the mindblowing power you'll make then...

BTW, who'd you hire to drive your car for you this time?