Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

mp 4303 vs twin bosch 044

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Not in the slightest.

Bosch claim 180lph per pump, or thereabouts which is very understating them.. I was seeing approx 250lph per pump. Some sellers claim as much as 330lph per pump although I'm presuming that's open flow, no pressure.

I'm sure each pump individually would flow a little more than what I seen or if tested differently. But as said, I tested worst case, as installed. Not ******* about on a test bench. So it was through all my fuel lines, the rails, the FPR and back down the -6 return line and I tested it right where it would have returned into the main tank.
I'd guess most of the tests you see arent accounting for an as installed scenario. Mine was only at 13.0v too, as the car wasnt running at the time, I ran jump leads from another vehicle to try and get voltage up to a working level for the test but couldnt get it any higher than 13v. Either way I seen that as good, as I know when it is running on my car at 14v it will have a little more flow again than what I tested.

I run both pumps all the time, have done now for over 10 years with zero problems.
That is good ! Glad to see the results from a long time user of the 044.

Not to start a overheated fuel thread,lol, but how hot does your fuel get during long street driving.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 180 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1PWRD
That is good ! Glad to see the results from a long time user of the 044.

Not to start a overheated fuel thread,lol, but how hot does your fuel get during long street driving.

Running fuel temps have never exceeded ambient by more than about 18degF.

When sitting static, not running there have been times fuel temps did exceed that level, but that's simply heat soak in the engine bay. As soon as fuel starts flowing it goes straight down again.

I do run a large 60-65 litre tank though and have a small cooler, although it's very badly located underneath the car so wouldnt see much airflow. I only fitted it as I had a spare oil cooler I never used lying about. I never logged temps prior to fitting it so couldnt say if it changed them at all.

Quick Reply: mp 4303 vs twin bosch 044