DYNO! Highest hp 6.0 record PERIOD - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion



Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

DYNO! Highest hp 6.0 record PERIOD

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,320
Default DYNO! Highest hp 6.0 record PERIOD

^
|
|
Just kidding. Click bait.
Posting for gameova.
Put down some very respectable numbers
743hp/1045tq to the tire.
MY_2K_Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

����...ohh boy.
Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #3
TECH Junkie
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA
Posts: 3,701
Default

Torque seems way too high for the turbo (assuming the same turbo he was running before). Some sort torque spike when the converter flashed?

hp number looks good. Must pull like a freight train now.
RealQuick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:52 PM   #4
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealQuick View Post
Torque seems way too high for the turbo (assuming the same turbo he was running before). Some sort torque spike when the converter flashed?

hp number looks good. Must pull like a freight train now.
Still using the on3. Probably right with the torque spike, but with that said....this motor has always been heavy handed with torque. It was still making about 800ft/lbs at 5k. And yeah, the car has a VERY solid pull...it's nice to never drop out of boost now.
Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #5
TECH Enthusiast
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 714
Default

Dam nice work man. Hows the traction on the street lol
roastin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:11 AM   #6
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastin240 View Post
Dam nice work man. Hows the traction on the street lol
It does decent around 75mph....at 15psi. I haven't tried 21psi yet on the street or track with this automatic yet.
Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:44 AM   #7
TECH Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
truckdoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 2,608
Default

hell yeah! sounds good, looks good.

thats gotta feel pretty good to biuld your tranny and then put 1000ftlbs through it

hi 5 bro!
truckdoug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #8
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdoug View Post
hell yeah! sounds good, looks good.

thats gotta feel pretty good to biuld your tranny and then put 1000ftlbs through it

hi 5 bro!
Thanks man. It really does feel good having built the tranny and it does everything it's supposed to do. I've built a few different motors...and a rear end. But I would say building a transmission has made me feel the most pride. It's a good feeling not being in the position of having to pay some shop to build a transmission for me. I'm getting closer to being able to do everything in house. Now I just need to order the software to clean this tune up, at that point I would have rebuilt the entire drivetrain.
Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #9
Launching!
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: san Diego
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
Thanks man. It really does feel good having built the tranny and it does everything it's supposed to do. I've built a few different motors...and a rear end. But I would say building a transmission has made me feel the most pride. It's a good feeling not being in the position of having to pay some shop to build a transmission for me. I'm getting closer to being able to do everything in house. Now I just need to order the software to clean this tune up, at that point I would have rebuilt the entire drivetrain.
what did you use as a reference when you built your trans? I keep telling myself that's my next goal.
drecpt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #10
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drecpt83 View Post
what did you use as a reference when you built your trans? I keep telling myself that's my next goal.
I asked some questions in the transmission section, and watched some videos on YouTube. I also followed TCI transbrake instructions to the LETTER. And so far, all is well. Prepping my second 400 as we speak.
Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:49 PM   #11
8 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
NicD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,993
Default

Yeah if there is one thing that a mustang dyno doesn't get along with at all it's a stalled auto. You can throw that torque number right out the window.
NicD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #12
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

I knew he was lurking! ^^^^^^. It's been a while man. I felt a cool breeze from the shade that came over me.....and wouldn't ya know it...you appeared!
Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #13
8 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
NicD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
I knew he was lurking! ^^^^^^. It's been a while man. I felt a cool breeze from the shade that came over me.....and wouldn't ya know it...you appeared!
NicD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #14
Launching!
iTrader: (5)
 
Slow5.0.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicD View Post


Are your pms off? I had a question i was hoping you might answer for me.

You can email me if youd like, [email protected]
Slow5.0. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #15
TECH Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CLEVELAND
Posts: 1,093
Default

743hp/1045tq to the tire.


Let me guess, MD dyno and the RPM signal wasnt working? (do they ever of those POS's)

Great work! Realistically its probably 775/800 at most-but either way, great work
coltboostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #16
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,320
Default

7-800tq out of a $400 turbo is awesome. I'm all in!
MY_2K_Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:06 AM   #17
TECH Fanatic
 
Game ova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltboostin View Post
743hp/1045tq to the tire.


Let me guess, MD dyno and the RPM signal wasnt working? (do they ever of those POS's)

Great work! Realistically its probably 775/800 at most-but either way, great work
Rpm signal was dead on. Matched the car perfectly, as indicated by the test rpm and the recall. I agree, torque might be a touch off.....but I don't think I lost 100ft/lbs coming from the M6 (made 900). I think that clutch may have been slipping btw.

Game ova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #18
TECH Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 452
Default

Nice work
Nathaninwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #19
8 Second Club
iTrader: (7)
 
NicD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,993
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow5.0. View Post
Are your pms off? I had a question i was hoping you might answer for me.

You can email me if youd like, [email protected]
I hope so LOL, email is best so just go to my site and email me from there.

-Nic
NicD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM   #20
Launching!
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game ova View Post
����...ohh boy.
You don't run a catch can just the breather?
Suncc49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Huge Clouds of Smoke (VIDEO) CJP Multimedia Exchange 3 04-19-2017 01:53 PM
My latest video is on a Minivan?A 500 HP Minivan!! SPRAYED 01 Multimedia Exchange 2 11-21-2016 02:47 AM
383 LS Mustang vs 700+hp GT500 vs 88mm FOX abenitez Street Racing & Kill Stories 6 11-10-2016 09:44 AM
1j truck battles 740+hp cobro and 800hp Maro white2kbird Street Racing & Kill Stories 4 11-03-2016 09:33 AM
| 180+mph race | 76mm Turbo Camaro vs Bolt on GT500 vs 700hp STI abenitez Street Racing & Kill Stories 9 10-17-2016 02:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: