Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Video! Twin Turbo C5 Z06. $60,000 in receipts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Video! Twin Turbo C5 Z06. $60,000 in receipts!

Hey all, new video is out!

This car is ridiculously nice. It only has 9k miles on it and was sent out for a twin turbo kit from Lingenfelter in 2002 at 3,500 miles!

Check out what 60k gets you and how much it sold for recently. Enjoy and don't forget to subscribe for more awesome LS content.

Thanks
Alex

Old 07-24-2017, 06:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good job on the video!
Old 07-24-2017, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Higgins test track...love it.

nice summary video. This is the dark side of modifying cars. you will never get your money back, stock low mileage cars, should stay stock for resale value. I do think though that the lingenfelter cars on the used car market bring some of the best value for the used buck.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Ohboy.....prob gonna open can of worms here.... So other than resale value, wich merin123 nailed....wheres the problem ?? How much does one spend on a zr1?? I dont know the sticker ona 02 zo6 but add that with the 60k , not saying its dollar for dollar, but The original owner had somthing that was atleast "unique " that didnt come off an assembly line ? Now why arent we calling this car a "bargin"? Because today its a great deal for the same guy who doesnt have the time /knowedge to get a car like this? Besides guys, we all know we can turn the wick up to about 750/800 no problem =)
I didn't watch the complete video, but 16k for trans does seem a little salty.... gold maybe?
Old 07-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Vengeance *** raped that owner.........LOL..........What a ridiculous rip-off for a $16,000 transmission....

Old 07-24-2017, 08:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

It's this simple. Guy got ripped by lingenfelter, then turned around and grabbed his ankles when he did business with vengeance. The amount of money this guy has in this car should have it running in the 7s all while looking showroom stock.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6427
Vengeance *** raped that owner.........LOL..........What a ridiculous rip-off for a $16,000 transmission....

Originally Posted by Game ova
It's this simple. Guy got ripped by lingenfelter, then turned around and grabbed his ankles when he did business with vengeance. The amount of money this guy has in this car should have it running in the 7s all while looking showroom stock.
It would probably help if you had all the facts before making comments such as the ones above... See attached invoice ( all FOUR pages) for all parts/work performed.. The first page includes the complete A4 conversion from RPM Transmissions. The remaining three pages outline the fuel systemupgrades/suspension upgrades/tires/valve train upgrades/LG bushing kit & suspension upgrades/methanol injection/rollbar installation/boost controller/ECU calibration/transportation to/from VR etc etc etc....

This was a very nice car and IF it sold for 30k I wish I had known before seeing this video.....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
LPE C5Z.pdf (144.9 KB, 239 views)
Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
It would probably help if you had all the facts before making comments such as the ones above... See attached invoice ( all FOUR pages) for all parts/work performed.. The first page includes the complete A4 conversion from RPM Transmissions. The remaining three pages outline the fuel systemupgrades/suspension upgrades/tires/valve train upgrades/LG bushing kit & suspension upgrades/methanol injection/rollbar installation/boost controller/ECU calibration/transportation to/from VR etc etc etc....

This was a very nice car and IF it sold for 30k I wish I had known before seeing this video.....
I steadfastly stand by what I said. That's an insane amount of money for what the car performs like, and what's with running a built motor on 13psi?? To be clear I understand how business works, and I'm not knocking the hustle. A 16k tranny??!!....better have a generational lifetime guarantee, I don't give a damn what "level" it is. Just saying.....50k or so in mods....i need to be deep 4 digit power, and WE'LL into single digits.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I steadfastly stand by what I said. That's an insane amount of money for what the car performs like, and what's with running a built motor on 13psi?? To be clear I understand how business works, and I'm not knocking the hustle. A 16k tranny??!!....better have a generational lifetime guarantee, I don't give a damn what "level" it is. Just saying.....50k or so in mods....i need to be deep 4 digit power, and WE'LL into single digits.
Don't stand by what you said when the invoice has the RPM trans on it for $5345 which is a far cry from the $16k everyone is quoting. There's cost with a new torque tube, bushings and crap with 40 hours labor for the conversion on there. It seems to make sense once you read the invoice.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Drewstein
Don't stand by what you said when the invoice has the RPM trans on it for $5345 which is a far cry from the $16k everyone is quoting. There's cost with a new torque tube, bushings and crap with 40 hours labor for the conversion on there. It seems to make sense once you read the invoice.
Watched video....$16k is exactly what was stated. When i mentioned transmission, I meant everything involved which is probably where the 16k comes from. No...i did not look at nor breakdown the invoice, went strictly by cost stated. And I still stand by the fact that the money spent is an asinine amount of cash spent compared to how the car performs.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Watched video....$16k is exactly what was stated. When i mentioned transmission, I meant everything involved which is probably where the 16k comes from. No...i did not look at nor breakdown the invoice, went strictly by cost stated. And I still stand by the fact that the money spent is an asinine amount of cash spent compared to how the car performs.
None of that cost was for rwhp though... You would know that if you spent 5 seconds reading the invoice instead of watching some sensationalized YouTube video gunning for views and subscribers.

How much is an auto swap done by a shop? Add into that a built RPM trans and you're on the way. You literally took everything at face value without verifying any sources.

Before you go here, yes he could have swapped a junk blah blah blah in instead of new stuff and he could have done it in the garage blah blah blah. This is about good parts that don't add rwhp at all.

I guarantee the car was much quicker in the 1/4 with that setup which counts right?
Old 07-24-2017, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

None of that cost was for rwhp though... You would know that if you spent 5 seconds reading the invoice instead of watching some sensationalized YouTube video gunning for views and subscribers.

How much is an auto swap done by a shop? Add into that a built RPM trans and you're on the way. You literally took everything at face value without verifying any sources.

Before you go here, yes he could have swapped a junk blah blah blah in instead of new stuff and he could have done it in the garage blah blah blah. This is about good parts that don't add rwhp at all.

I guarantee the car was much quicker in the 1/4 with that setup which counts right?
I had no reason to believe that OP would lie, so you're right....i took his word at face value. And no, I didn't say the cost of the transmission factored into the rwhp figure. What I meant was, the money spent...in TOTALITY (between the two shops) is far to high in relation to performance gained. You probably disagree, which is completely fine.... so I guess we will agree to disagree. 10.xx 135 is wild slow in a 3,100# car, considering the money spent.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I had no reason to believe that OP would lie, so you're right....i took his word at face value. And no, I didn't say the cost of the transmission factored into the rwhp figure. What I meant was, the money spent...in TOTALITY (between the two shops) is far to high in relation to performance gained. You probably disagree, which is completely fine.... so I guess we will agree to disagree. 10.xx 135 is wild slow in a 3,100# car, considering the money spent.
Is it on the high side, maybe, but it's also done with the best parts.

With the $30k for all non HP mods, plus a turbo kit and motor mods, what were you expecting? A decent motor setup can cross $10k plus another $15k for a turbo setup and there you go.

Personally I don't think the auto swap was the way to go which could have cut a huge chunk off the build but it wasn't unreasonable.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:10 AM
TECH Junkie

With the $30k for all non HP mods, plus a turbo kit and motor mods, what were you expecting? A decent motor setup can cross $10k plus another $15k for a turbo setup and there you go.

Personally I don't think the auto swap was the way to go which could have cut a huge chunk off the build but it wasn't unreasonable.
Having personally gone from the 6 speed to auto, I think that was a good move...especially being a turbo car. While the 6 speed was fun to an extent, I was always worried about breaking it which resulted in babying it... and not really leaning on the car hard (nevermind the dreaded respool). Lol, that's about the only thing I agree with..as far as the owner goes.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

I guess if you are paying shops, then those figures are about right.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

$800 for a tune.. OUCH!
Old 07-25-2017, 03:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 355 Likes on 260 Posts

It costs more to have a very nice street car with high horse power that is completely reliable with all top notch parts. Obviously if track times are your main goal you can run faster times for much cheaper than this and still have a good reliable setup if you want to build an F body or a fox body. With my GTO it's going to cost me a lot more to go 9's than it would with an Fbody, but I also want a very nice clean full interior car.

With all of that said...they sure saw this guy coming.
Old 07-25-2017, 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

So where is your auto converted C5 Z06 at then? I mean obviously if this car was built so stupidly, you MUST have some hard facts to back up that opinion right?

Or better yet, if you can do the job so much cheaper, why not do it and then undercut everyone that does that type of work?
Old 07-25-2017, 07:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Newsflash... having someone else do work for you is expensive... That's why I do my own stuff out of necessity...
Old 07-25-2017, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
So where is your auto converted C5 Z06 at then? I mean obviously if this car was built so stupidly, you MUST have some hard facts to back up that opinion right?

Or better yet, if you can do the job so much cheaper, why not do it and then undercut everyone that does that type of work?
I have zero interest in owning a corvette, I also have zero interest in building cars for people. This is funny, I think the person overspent, so that means I need to start building cars now?? The funniest part of what you said is, "you MUST have some hard facts to back up that opinion right", I won't explain why this is funny.... Just think about it.

Quick Reply: New Video! Twin Turbo C5 Z06. $60,000 in receipts!