Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

How easy to remove ATI "J" bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How easy to remove ATI "J" bracket?

I am going to remove my bracket and idler, so that I can send them to SD Concepts. I did not install the ATI, so I was wondering how hard it is to remove these parts?
Old 06-29-2004, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

some alan head screws and some clamps to undo basically. Doesnt take long, also gotta realease the belt and tension screw.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very easy. Crawl under there and get to work. This is one of the easiest kits to work on. First loosen the tension on the s/c belt all the way. You will be loosening 2 hose clamps(inlet hat to s/c and inlet hat to filter outlet) possibly a smaller one for the stock ATI bypass valve hose that goes to the inlet hat. A rubber line that is on the bottom of the inlet hat(comes from the PCV)

OK, now get a 5/16 and a 3/8 allen wrench or allen head socket and remove all the allen head bolts(cap screws) and remove all 5 of them holding the s/c to the s/c bracket. Drop the s/c out of the way and put in a safe place with no dust or things to get into the s/c or to damage the impeller blades.<-IMPORTANT

Now get a 11mm socket and remove the three bolts that hold the s/c bracket to the engine. You are now done and can send it to SDCE for an *** kicking operation.
Hope this helps,
Jeremy
Old 06-29-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Very easy. Crawl under there and get to work. This is one of the easiest kits to work on. First loosen the tension on the s/c belt all the way. You will be loosening 2 hose clamps(inlet hat to s/c and inlet hat to filter outlet) possibly a smaller one for the stock ATI bypass valve hose that goes to the inlet hat. A rubber line that is on the bottom of the inlet hat(comes from the PCV)

OK, now get a 5/16 and a 3/8 allen wrench or allen head socket and remove all the allen head bolts(cap screws) and remove all 5 of them holding the s/c to the s/c bracket. Drop the s/c out of the way and put in a safe place with no dust or things to get into the s/c or to damage the impeller blades.<-IMPORTANT

Now get a 11mm socket and remove the three bolts that hold the s/c bracket to the engine. You are now done and can send it to SDCE for an *** kicking operation.
Hope this helps,
Jeremy
Mine was in lamens, yours is so much better
Old 06-29-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Its cuz I've been pulling this blower off every two days for about 2 years already lol. I can do it blindfolded

Edit, we probably replied at the same time cuz I only saw his post when I started posting my book up there
J
Old 06-29-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah what he said...... if you are going to drive the carf with the bracket off make sure you ziptie everything up there secure so you dont hurt anything.... or just dont drive it.................... I have a stock... i guess i should post it up for sale for some one else to buy so they can send it off and have no down time.
Kyle
Old 06-29-2004, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I will let you know how it goes.

James
Old 06-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Launching!

How much do you want for your ATI "J" bracket? What shape is it in, and why are you selling it?

Quick Reply: How easy to remove ATI "J" bracket?