Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Ati Psc-1 Boost Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ati Psc-1 Boost Question

I am running a 3.6" pulley and the most that the gauge is reading is like 4.5 psi of boost. I have the boost gauge hooked into a T that connects to the FMU. I was hoping to hit about 7 psi. Do I just need a smaller pulley or is the gauge just not hooked up right???

Thanks
Old 06-29-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

well cam choice, head flow, etc etc can effect boost. Your cam can be bleeding it off, also you could be making the power of 7 psi at only 4.5 Some off the smarter guys in here can clear it up better for you
Old 06-29-2004, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Your headers could be causing the boost gauge to read lower than you are actualy boosting.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JESTERSS
I am running a 3.6" pulley and the most that the gauge is reading is like 4.5 psi of boost. I have the boost gauge hooked into a T that connects to the FMU. I was hoping to hit about 7 psi. Do I just need a smaller pulley or is the gauge just not hooked up right???

Thanks
i got the same set up as yours i get 5 psi, i am going to a smaller pulley to get 7 psi,hope i don't the engine
Old 06-29-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thing first....... ditch the FMU and get the car tuned on a dyno before you blow it up that way.......... Smaller pulley is what you need, but then you run into belt slip with the stock pulley setup. The boost that ATI says you will see with there kit and the pullies they supply are on a stock car..... tuning is the key with these setups... i cant stress that enough...........
Kyle
Old 06-29-2004, 09:15 PM
kp
8 Second Club

With LT headers with an otherwise stock motor I seen 7psi @ 6500 with a 3.4 and 8psi @ 6500 with a 3.2.

The fmu is crap, pick up a set of 42lb injectors and get the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. I used the ATI inline pump that came with an FMU kit, 42lb SVO injectors and a riechard ultra grip 3.2 pulley - had no problems at all even with a 50 dry shot of n2o on top of it.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

What would be a good place to get a riechard ultra grip 3.2 pulley? does it require a spcial belt or anything?
Old 07-01-2004, 12:50 AM
kp
8 Second Club

I used the belt that came with the stock 3.4 pulley 7psi ATI kit, dont have the number handy but I can get it if you need it. Just search for reichard racing on any search engine and you will find their site.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
First thing first....... ditch the FMU and get the car tuned on a dyno before you blow it up that way.......... Smaller pulley is what you need, but then you run into belt slip with the stock pulley setup. The boost that ATI says you will see with there kit and the pullies they supply are on a stock car..... tuning is the key with these setups... i cant stress that enough...........
Kyle
Could I get the car tuned with the FMU still on there? Why do I need to take it off?

Thanks for the help
Old 07-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Fuel Managment Unit=

The reason you can't leave it on there and tune is because it's a band aid for a tune.

A programmed Tune will do the job of the fmu only much better and more accurate. With a wideband O2 the tuner will dial you in perfectly instead of letting that fmu manipulate your stock injectors. If you like power and reliability it's all in the TUNE! Wait wasn't that already said.

Quick Reply: Ati Psc-1 Boost Question