Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Whipple Supercharger on LS375/525

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipple Supercharger on LS375/525

I've just bought the LS376/525 Connect and Cruise with 6 speed manual. I want to put a Whipple GM LS Universal 2.9L Hot Rod Kit supercharger on it. I'm told I'll need new injectors and ECU. If I get a Holley Dominator EFI ECU will i need Holley injectors, wiring harness and sensors?
Old 10-26-2017, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What are you putting this in? Plenty of options for Ecu/harness
Old 10-27-2017, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

W/ a manual trans, the Holley HP would do all you need, and for less $$.
That is, unless you need a lot of other in/out control options.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have the Connect and Cruise, why not just use the ECU you already have? It will need to be tuned, but it will work just fine.

Yes, your injectors (and fuel pump depending on what you currently have) will need to be upgraded.

What car is this going in?
Old 10-27-2017, 03:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by doc350
If you have the Connect and Cruise, why not just use the ECU you already have? It will need to be tuned, but it will work just fine.

Yes, your injectors (and fuel pump depending on what you currently have) will need to be upgraded.

What car is this going in?
It is confusing but according to what I could figure out going thru the Performance Catalog, the ECU that comes with the 525 plug and play is naturally aspirated only. Makes no sense to me either.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Default 57 Chevy

This is going in my 57 Belair 2 door HT, minitubs and Art Morrison chassis
Old 10-30-2017, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,394 Likes on 880 Posts

Presumably you are looking at the Dominator because you want to retain the DBW. You will need a main 58x harness for the Dominator. You will also need an injector harness that matches whatever injectors you are using. The stock LS3/525 uses USCAR injectors, but those injectors are probably going to be too small. The point is that you can use Holley injectors, or whatever other injectors you want to use, but you have to make sure the injector harness that you buy fits the injectors that you end up using.

Most of your Gen4 sponsors will work (crank, cam, etc...). You will have to get a LS9 or Holley MAP sensor...Dominator will work with either one. The Holley main harness also has provisions for a stock 3 wire oil pressure sensor and a fuel pressure sensor. You'll have to adapt a 3 wire fuel pressure sensor to your rail. The fuel pressure sensor is optional (no bearing on the tune) but it is a good idea to have, because you can program fail-safes into the ECU in case of dramatic fuel pressure loss.

If you go with the Dominator, look into getting a complete LS terminator kit. You have to pick one that has the right main harness (gen4, 58x), includes the right DBW harness, and the right injector harness. The Terminator kits will also come with a single wideband O2 sensor, but a second one can be added.

If you are super handy with wiring, you can buy the Dominator ECU and the ECU side connectors and terminals and re-use your current harness to work with the Dominator ECU. Or just sell your connect and cruise ECU and harness...

Andrew
Old 10-30-2017, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Thanks Andrew! Great info!

Quick Reply: Whipple Supercharger on LS375/525