Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

“The S-2000” 2000hp S10 Xtreme 427” Twin 88mm

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks killer!!

Are you concerned about the coil over and shocks rubbing the inner rim and tire? or is an optical illusion.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

How do you like the quality of the custom driveshaft loop
Finest High quality
Old 07-23-2019, 10:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06_Chevy
That looks killer!!

Are you concerned about the coil over and shocks rubbing the inner rim and tire? or is an optical illusion.
More clearance if you put the bolt in the other way.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Pic makes it look a lot closer than it really is. My Coilover springs have a diameter of 2.5”. I have about 3” of space between the outer-most coilover mounting tab and the sidewall of the tire.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Made a ton of headroom these pst couple of weeks. I have just about everything to finally get this thing sitting on all four wheels. Got the Strut Kit in from STRANGE and assembled, Got everything back from my powder coater which came out AWESOME, I’m very happy with it. While this may throw some people for a loop.. I decided to just go with an 8.50 cage kit from S&W Race cars along with their Chromoly front subframe connectors (for Strut suspension) for the truck (with some chassis re-inforcements) I had to re-evaluate the purpose of why I actually built the truck. To do a TON of street driving.. I really do not want a funny car cage in this thing at all, I feel like it will hinder comfortable street-ability. I know some people do it, but it’s just not a compromise I’m willing to make especially with having those bars so close to my head, maybe I’ll upgrade later in the future when I see how far I want to take things. This is a fun/fast street cruiser/street raced truck with air conditioning, not a drag car lol

Last edited by Ron_Stoppable; 08-18-2019 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you going to run swing outs? Or leave the door bars solid?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bitchin'Camaro
Are you going to run swing outs? Or leave the door bars solid?
Gonna run a solid welded tube, I like the purpose of the swing out bars, but I kind of feel like you give up rigidity by having them. Plus Knowing me, I would always forget to put them back in. LOL
Old 08-24-2019, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cage came in! I never realized how light chromoly tuning was lol

Old 08-30-2019, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got a few more parts in..
20 Gallon fuel cell.... I know, it’s big.. Lol, got a pretty sweet deal on a ViAir Onboard Air Kit for $100 (which I’ll be using for Wastegates control along with airing up my tires ect) at this point I do t even u sweat and why people even bother buying Co2 kits Lol... I also received my TiAL inlet/outlet V-bands & clamps for my turbos along with my Aluminum Turbo dump flanges & aluminum Wideband o2 bungs from Racepart solutions which fit AWESOME. I will be running aluminum exhaust on the truck. Not sure on how I want to route them though.... Out each side of the bumper? Out the hood?

Old 08-31-2019, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

I'm sure you already know, but if you go out the fender, use a turn to push the flow back instead of flat cutting/wedge/bologna cutting it flush with the bumper/fender.
On the big end it'll start pushing the car over.. hood may be best for that, but may get more annoying as a street car.

Why not run it out the back, or out the bed behind the doors? Keeps obnoxious fumes behind you and the extra weight won't be THAT noticeable...

My $.02 regardless it'll end up awesome and absolutely monstrous no matter what you do!!!
Old 09-01-2019, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bitchin'Camaro
I'm sure you already know, but if you go out the fender, use a turn to push the flow back instead of flat cutting/wedge/bologna cutting it flush with the bumper/fender.
On the big end it'll start pushing the car over.. hood may be best for that, but may get more annoying as a street car.

Why not run it out the back, or out the bed behind the doors? Keeps obnoxious fumes behind you and the extra weight won't be THAT noticeable...

My $.02 regardless it'll end up awesome and absolutely monstrous no matter what you do!!!
Yeah that was actually a big reason why I wanted to do it lol well that and to avoid the possbility of the exhaust exerting water under the tire. It’s crazy some people never take into the consideration of the amount of “thrust” coming out of the downpipe under full power. I remember reading a post where one guy said that they calculated the thrust of his 1500hp turbo car and it equaled to about 400 pounds of thrust or “push” on the passenger side. He also mentioned that the car would get Squirrley up top and they re-positioned the exhaust so that it face the back of the car and it felt a lot more stable at the top end of the track. I’m guessing this issue would be magnified as power increases.
Old 09-06-2019, 10:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

I am curious did you mount that Cage the way the directions show? I can't understand why they would show floor plates, when that's not legal. I guess the directions do not say it will meet nhra cert though.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpturbo
I am curious did you mount that Cage the way the directions show? I can't understand why they would show floor plates, when that's not legal. I guess the directions do not say it will meet nhra cert though.
Yeah for some reason they show plates in the photo, but they definitely sent me Chromoly Outriggers. Even so, I was gonna do the outriggers anyway lol
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

New parts!!! Got my Holley EFI stuff in, badass M&M shifter that I’ve been wanting for a year! This thing is literally worth every penny and it’s super light weighwise which is nice. Peterson Drysump tank, BIG 6” ClearView filtration Billet oil filter( this thing is Massive in person) also received my Racepak Smart wire, which I was most excited about! I can’t believe I’m just finding out how badass these things are! I was originally gonna run a Leash Street/Strip relay board which is also a great product! but I’m glad I went this route instead! I’ll be feeding my Dominator outputs into the Smartwire inputs, then the Smartwire outputs will go straight to whichever device its controlling. NO fuses! NO relays! Sorry for the pack rat mess of parts 😂

Old 09-20-2019, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 600 Likes on 476 Posts

My wallet just ran away from me looking at your build jewelry. Sure is putty!!!
Old 09-20-2019, 12:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

The Viair system isn't 100% fool proof. A buddy had one and it had an issue during a race where the unit drained and killed his battery. Knocked him out of the race.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Jesus. I need employed where you are.. my bidge azZ can't even get ONE of your parts, let alone a whole room full lol can't wait to see this thing finished and in action F'n sick
Old 09-23-2019, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 202 Likes on 166 Posts

Another amazing group of parts your throwing at this! I really like that shifter, I don't know how that cable setup would work unless it's mounted on a "stand" but maybe you'll clear that up for me when you mount it.

I sure hope I get to see this in person when it's done!
Old 09-24-2019, 05:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Finally got an intake for this thing... it was WAY out of my budget but I did extensive research on it before purchasing and I’ve heard nothing but great gains with it. But I went with the Frankenstein Freakshow intake! Came with the fuel rails and the Billet machines FED engine valley cover!

Old 09-26-2019, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

That intake is bad ***. But definitely not budget friendly. Lol

Quick Reply: “The S-2000” 2000hp S10 Xtreme 427” Twin 88mm