Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS3 build looking for comments/critiques

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3 build looking for comments/critiques

I have a 2008 LS3 vette Kook catless headers/corsa exhaust. Parts for build so far are:
D1SC procharger w/race bypass valve, dual intercooler
60lb injectors
ARP Head Stud Kit 234-4316
Texas speed cam(Stage2/3 or possibly the bald eagle boost cam also swapping to 3 bolt)
Push rods(not sure length needed was going to call TSP)
.066 Dual Spring kit from Texas speed
Mcleod 6305507M RXT Twin disc w/Alum flywheel
Lingenfelter LNC-003 two step
160 Degree Thermostat
LS9 Headgaskets
Kenne Bell Boost a pump
Alky Control Methanol kit(if needed)

I am in Connecticut and was thinking of having slowhawk tune the car but would also like to know who others have used and recommend. If there is anything that ony of you think i should do/change please let me know! This is my first build on an american car(upgraded from the 4 cyl turbo game lol).

Wondering if I need to run Meth and if it is worth buying the racetronix fuel pump wiring harness so it is plug and play with the boost a pump. Also what RPM could i expect the car to be able to rev to with the cam.

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think!!
Old 01-27-2018, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Well I have been running a ProCharger on my LS3 for the last 6 year. Probably one of the few ones left still pushing the stock bottom end. I’ll try to answer as many of your questions as I can. Decent parts list but I would change a couple things. If you have a C6 with the bi-mode npp exhaust I would leave that alone and just get the headers. Corsa sounds great but it’s loud and gets annoying after a while without the adjustability. Your preference though.

Front mount intercooler is better and I’m sure it’s the only way it comes anyway for a C6.
Go bigger with injectors cause later down the line you’re gonna want more power.
Mantic 9000 twin is the clutch I would go with.
Futral can spec you a nice blower cam but so can a few others like LJMS, etc.
I ran a Kenne Belle BAP for a good while but got rid of it when I bough a proper fuel system setup. Racetronix kit is a good idea.
Methanol is great. I run a Alky Control kit and even with E85 I still use it. Great stuff.
When I had the D1SC I revved it to 6900 and since I have the higher flowing D1X now I rev it to 7200.

Have anymore questions just ask away or pm me if my response takes too long.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the Input Detoxx!
It is the dual front mount intercoolers. I think that is the only way they come.
What size injectors would you recommend?
Would you suggest i get the D1X headunit instead then? I haven't ordered the kit yet and am ordering from a shop that gets it directly from Procharger.
Any reason that you wouldn't go with a texas speed cam?
Also on another note what size wheels/tires are you running? Next on the list is wheels/tires and I think your car looks nasty!
Old 01-28-2018, 01:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brosey88
Thanks for the Input Detoxx!
It is the dual front mount intercoolers. I think that is the only way they come.
What size injectors would you recommend?
Would you suggest i get the D1X headunit instead then? I haven't ordered the kit yet and am ordering from a shop that gets it directly from Procharger.
Any reason that you wouldn't go with a texas speed cam?
Also on another note what size wheels/tires are you running? Next on the list is wheels/tires and I think your car looks nasty!
It’s not the only way they come. I have a front mount. I’m sure you can only get a front mount. Dual come with f bodies and c5’s.

I run ID1300s but I’m also on e85. Before I switched I ran a set of 80’s and it supported 780whp.

If you want to make more than 850 for sure then the D1X is the way to go. My D1SC made 885 on corn.

Just better cams out there and I like the cam motion cores better and I think they use comp.

My everyday setup is a set of 19” CCW’s. 19x10 on the front with NT05’s and 19x13 in the rear with NT05R’s. When I need more traction I have a set of 17x11 Weld’s with M&H racemasters.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

I would have the shop order you a stage II tuner kit. You don’t need the PC tune and you can order your own injectors. Comes with the better blower inlet.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Thanks again Detoxx! I was basing the dual one off a C5 that i saw the shop installing but will see about making sure i get a single front mount one! I am hoping for around the 650-700 range so I will get the 80lb injectors then and stick with the D1SC(or Maybe for the small increase just get the D1X lol)

And ok sounds good I will look into the other cams!
Old 01-28-2018, 01:46 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks again Detoxx! I was basing the dual one off a C5 that i saw the shop installing but will see about making sure i get a single front mount one! I am hoping for around the 650-700 range so I will get the 80lb injectors then and stick with the D1SC(or Maybe for the small increase just get the D1X lol)

And ok sounds good I will look into the other cams!
I think it’s like a $450 upgrade. A lot cheaper vs upgrading to it later. Mine wit the cam made 650 on 8psi when I first put it on. What fuel do you plan on running? Just 93 and methanol. I’d just get some ID1000’s if it’s in your budget. Obviously bigger if you plan or think you’ll switch to e85 at some point.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Ya 425 upgrade from P1SC but only 175 more from the D1SC so most likely going to just do it because eventually i will probably do it anyway lol. Unfortunately in CT there is no E85 and not sure when/if we will ever get it up here. Do you use the race intercooler or just the standard one?
Old 01-28-2018, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

I have the standard one. I may upgrade at some point but this one has been fine.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is any single place where you want your system solid, its your fuel delivery spend the money and do that right, cause if you don't get fuel you go lean and that's never good on parts, Detoxx03 has been boosted a long time and his tune I'd say is as good as they get since he has stock internals and makes Killer Power!! lots of built motors don't put down his power for as long! Brosey88 you have a great plan for power there!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If your stuck on the procharger I'd buy an A+A kit made for a procharger head unit. Or we usually do the V3 T-trim. I run ussuallt BTR cam ackages, McLeod RXT clutches and Alky control meth kits. Injectors FIC 80lb.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:46 PM
7 Second Club

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Ya 425 upgrade from P1SC but only 175 more from the D1SC so most likely going to just do it because eventually i will probably do it anyway lol. Unfortunately in CT there is no E85 and not sure when/if we will ever get it up here. Do you use the race intercooler or just the standard one?
theres e85 in greenwich not sure how far you are from there but thats where i get my e85

Quick Reply: LS3 build looking for comments/critiques