Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350ws6
Yeah its just not possible. Unless they have a chemical intercooler that I didn't see, its just silly to look at that temp info and not conclude it is false.

My bad for concluding that EFILive was producing correct information. As I was watching the laptop, the intake temp numbers were changing, so I assumed that it was working properly. I am not even remotely sure how I would go about recalibrating a factory sensor. However it does seem like you have done this before so if it is not a problem, please share this information with me so that I can correct it or would I just be better off to just replace it.

Thanks for the help
Bryan
Old 07-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
My bad for concluding that EFILive was producing correct information. As I was watching the laptop, the intake temp numbers were changing, so I assumed that it was working properly. I am not even remotely sure how I would go about recalibrating a factory sensor. However it does seem like you have done this before so if it is not a problem, please share this information with me so that I can correct it or would I just be better off to just replace it.

Thanks for the help
Bryan
I am a thermo engineer during the day, so this just kinda caught my eye.
Without access to a lab its hard to do a 100% accurate calibration. What I would do in your place is remove the sensor from the intake but keep it hooked to the EFIlive and record data.

Submerge it in a icewater bath and record the temp, submerge it in a boiling bath of water and record the temp. If you want to get more involved you can submerge it in other liquids at thier boiling points to obtain more data points.

Do the same thing for your ambient sensor also.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Im guessing more like 20k between fuel system, rear, engine, turbos kit, install etc.

Quick Reply: New Dyno Numbers