Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LSA Supercharger install on a C5 Corvette and what it takes to make it fit.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Black
I bought a 24" ls1 to ls3 MAP extension harness should work great no cutting. I will be able to adapt IAT without cutting the factory engine harness as well. Brick is still stock and brand new. I may send it to olson as well and have him to the reinforcement and AN fittings but I haven't decided on that yet. Still trying to keep the budget way down lol.
Thats what I bought for mine, worked perfect. My brick is stock too but I’m on the fence on getting it reinforced. Seems like stock boost with the proper pressure in the system should be safe though. If I buy a new zl1 brick I might have it done but for now I’m going to leave as is. If yours isn’t going together for a while maybe just get it done for piece of mind. Not sure if someone else will chime in or not.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 244 Likes on 169 Posts

Teaser. I almost need to get a mod to change the thread title to we're doing this **** on a C5 lol.

Old 10-16-2020, 06:41 PM
TECH Regular

Teaser. I almost need to get a mod to change the thread title to we're doing this **** on a C5 lol.

DAAAAAMN that thing looks massive in that tight engine bay. Do you need a new hood or does yours already have a cowl? You could start a new thread about adding it to a C5 vette. Start from the beginning of the story, I'm sure someone else would be interested in this addition.
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Black (10-16-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Non monetized sub standard video.

pcardinal42 (11-08-2020)
Old 10-24-2020, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Finished belt routing. wound up with a 99" belt and that maxes out the tensioner.

All wiring is done. Map extension harness, made and installed IAT conversion harness. Throttle body wiring is done. I don't like it but I don't really have a choice.

Aeroflow fuel rails installed with the new 2% flowed and tested 850 SEP injectors. I think these come out to 92lb per hour. The fuel rails are beautiful. Running the hard plastic fuel injector connector adapters they fit excellent. So far I have not had to modify any wiring on this car.

Installed the rollover/vent valve where the purge valve solenoid as that stuff got deleted.

Finished making a vacuum booster hose for the brakes. Had to cut off and use the 90 degree from the original hose.

Old 10-25-2020, 10:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got the intake done last night. I love it and hate it at the same time. I may have to come up with a plan B if I'm hoping to have any kind of a hood left when I put the hood back on.

Old 10-27-2020, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Looking great man! I'll be following your progress very closely.
Mr. Black (10-27-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well boys and girls with the help of our very own RonSSNova I was able to get the ole girl to start and run.

My horrible non monetized video.

Old 11-23-2020, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Well boys and girls with the help of our very own RonSSNova I was able to get the ole girl to start and run.

My horrible non monetized video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkFHqSWbHdI
Ohhh YES! Nothing better than that first start. I have to admit I ended up getting another lsa blower pretty cheap. I have absolutely no idea what I’m going to do with it but I’ll come up with something haha. Looking good though what’s the plan for the hood?
Mr. Black (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Got a couple logs done to get a head start on the VE table. Can't whoop on it yet as I still need to complete the heat exchanger install.

Sacrifice (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 596 Likes on 473 Posts

Sounds real good. How bad was the wiring? I want to do a LSA swap on my LY6 You have stock , low mileage ring end gap, right? How many LBS do you plan on pushing this to? . Is the clattering the valvetrain or the injectors pulsing ?
Old 11-24-2020, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
Sounds real good. How bad was the wiring? I want to do a LSA swap on my LY6 You have stock , low mileage ring end gap, right? How many LBS do you plan on pushing this to? . Is the clattering the valvetrain or the injectors pulsing ?
Stock LS1 ring gap. I believe with this pulley combo on an LS1 it should be around 12psi. I am thinking with the heads I'm running it could be a bit less then that though. I think this blower is capable of breaking an LS1 and I don't want to do that at this time lol. Cam is around .600 lift so the valvetrain is a little noise but I think the camera amplifies the noise and not having a hood currently amplifies the noise.
Old 11-24-2020, 08:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SwapStang
. Looking good though what’s the plan for the hood?
I am still not quite sure. without going to some kind of ridiculous pro mod style drag racing hood I think any of the common corvette cowl hoods that are out there I am still going to have to cut a hole in the hood for just the lid to poke out of. I think if done properly this can still look kinda cool and not tacky.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 550 Likes on 344 Posts

Great progress! You can definitely hear that whine.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

.........and that's only at around 1psi max lol. I think it will whine a lot more at 10psi.
Old 08-23-2021, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Bump it up!!
Old 08-24-2021, 11:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Couple of short video updates. This car still needs a lot of tuning work. I am still driving it around with all the trims off and on the ve table only. AFRs are pretty good and PE is working pretty well. No timing in it and pretty fat yet. Like 10:1 This summer has been a disaster at work so I have had very little time to work on the car.

Old 08-24-2021, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Couple of short video updates. This car still needs a lot of tuning work. I am still driving it around with all the trims off and on the ve table only. AFRs are pretty good and PE is working pretty well. No timing in it and pretty fat yet. Like 10:1 This summer has been a disaster at work so I have had very little time to work on the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwyMV5M58Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a4isxInqUY
NICE! I'm sorry you haven't gotten much time to tune and drive once you do and can you will fall in love with it. I really liked the feel of the PD compared to my turbo car. Just instant torque always. I think I was around 11.0 afr at 8psi and maybe 13 degrees in it. I did however sadly sell my entire setup to whackshack (if you watch Sloppy Mechanics you've seen it). He put it on his Colorado and apparently he loves it so I'm glad it's getting used. I wasn't driving my car and needed to fund another project which hopefully will be finished soon. So just remember they're still worth good money if you aren't happy with it or want to recoup some losses! Haha good luck on the tuning can't wait to see more vids.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Swapstang. Things are fixing to get better at work now that summer is almost over lol. I've heard the name whackshack I'll have to look that up on sloppy lol. I was super bummed out when sloppy took the LSA off the G. I was harassing them in the comments hard.

Definitely true on the resale. I've done nothing to this car I can't undo albeit with a lot of work.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks Swapstang. Things are fixing to get better at work now that summer is almost over lol. I've heard the name whackshack I'll have to look that up on sloppy lol. I was super bummed out when sloppy took the LSA off the G. I was harassing them in the comments hard.

Definitely true on the resale. I've done nothing to this car I can't undo albeit with a lot of work.
Whacshack had a nasty turbo mustang on his website. He's got a Colorado now and thats what he put it in. He just did a retune on it on a recent video. Stock pulley really low boost on 87 and e85 and it made really low power I was actually surprised. He swears something is wrong with his motor but who really knows. You'll have to check out the video. I was bummed he took the G apart too. That was a really fun little car I looked into grabbing that chassis before I ended up with my new project.
On a side note just to touch base on these costs "nowadays" this is still a really viable option for good power. Covid-19 has really messed up parts availability for some of this stuff but that's the case for a lot of other options. There are a lot of these used out there and they're still holding around $1500 - $1700. I guess the lids are tough to get so anyone that has one has jacked the cost up but with some research I still think this can be done at a reasonable cost. I was hopeful for the adapter someone made for the STS-V supercharger to the LS platform but once someone saw the cash potential those things shot way up in cost making it not worth it in my opinion. $1400 for the adapter and $1200 - $1400 for the supercharger. No thank you. So for what these are I still say they are a great deal if they're done smart.
Now if you can only find a hood for that thing!

Quick Reply: LSA Supercharger install on a C5 Corvette and what it takes to make it fit.