Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 11:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

If you have to make an argument about why your car is a street car, it's probably not a street car.
The following users liked this post:
LilJayV10 (08-03-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 11:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
If you have to make an argument about why your car is a street car, it's probably not a street car.
My car is a race car, but it’s a slow damn race car because on street car night here the top 16 guys are in the 4’s (1/8th mile).

I do plan on going full race car in the next next year or two whether it’s with the gto or another chassis I don’t know yet. In the market for a truck and trailer at the moment because my race car only drives on the street currently.

For the OP...the F1x is listed as a “race” blower by procharger so that’s out of the question. Their biggest street blower is the D1x. Make sure you keep cats and have all carb compliant stuff as well.

I suck at this race car stuff. Look at this interior sum bitch isn’t even in the 5’s yet...

Last edited by BCNUL8R; 07-30-2020 at 11:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DavidBoren (07-31-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
My car is a race car, but it’s a slow damn race car because on street car night here the top 16 guys are in the 4’s (1/8th mile).

I do plan on going full race car in the next next year or two whether it’s with the gto or another chassis I don’t know yet. In the market for a truck and trailer at the moment because my race car only drives on the street currently.

For the OP...the F1x is listed as a “race” blower by procharger so that’s out of the question. Their biggest street blower is the D1x. Make sure you keep cats and have all carb compliant stuff as well.

I suck at this race car stuff. Look at this interior sum bitch isn’t even in the 5’s yet...

My comment wasn't specifically directed at you, it was just a general statement lol. Aint nothing wrong with having a good looking race car!
Old 07-30-2020, 12:22 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

This seems like a participation trophy thread...lol

If we narrow the criteria down enough we can all have records.
So true!

Exactly! If you can't have a police officer inspect your car and it pass, it aint a street car.

Ya F1x blowers dont even hold up well with track only use, even guys that run the F1A-94 usually have a spare. The D1x has shown to be pretty reliable on street cars though and still make close to 1000, even the older D1 would make 850+.

Old 07-30-2020, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

My comment wasn't specifically directed at you, it was just a general statement lol. Aint nothing wrong with having a good looking race car!
Problem is trying to be both good looking and fast. The fast part I haven’t figured out yet and I don’t want a piece of crap fox body. Nothing against those that do that sort of thing it’s cool, but just not what I want.

Im not even that picky about what is considered a street car, but this stuff going on at the street car events is getting ridiculous. The last one I went to even had the tech guys amused I was the only one that actually drove there. One said wow a street car that actually drives on the street...lol. I was about 2 seconds off the pace of the top guys in the 1/8th though. Obviously they weren’t actually street cars. There is no honor any more. Guys show up with a pro mod yep street car.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Problem is trying to be both good looking and fast. The fast part I haven’t figured out yet and I don’t want a piece of crap fox body. Nothing against those that do that sort of thing it’s cool, but just not what I want.

Im not even that picky about what is considered a street car, but this stuff going on at the street car events is getting ridiculous. The last one I went to even had the tech guys amused I was the only one that actually drove there. One said wow a street car that actually drives on the street...lol. I was about 2 seconds off the pace of the top guys in the 1/8th though. Obviously they weren’t actually street cars. There is no honor any more. Guys show up with a pro mod yep street car.
#truth!
Old 07-30-2020, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 780 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
If only it ran like it had 1300whp, last I saw his quarter and 60-130 was slower then an NA C6Z and over a full second slower than a rod/piston 5.3. Maybe they got it sorted out since then?
Yeah, it definitely doesn't run like it should.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:01 AM
10 Second Club

The funny thing about these type of threads looking to set records is... they always set the limits based upon their build. Anything done differently then their build doesn't count. Basically anyone that shows up with something better and it's automatically not a street car....LOL...that's why it's a participation trophy thread! Plus when did we start putting more emphasis on dyno's than time slips?
Old 07-31-2020, 04:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I started studying 60-130 and 100-150 times. I don't race at the track, so I use a dragy to see what the car is doing. I make 1300+ in a C6 Corvette but I have no a/c, no p/s, any extra weight I can taken out. It's still a street car to me. Not everyone goes to the track, so I understand wanting to have a number on a piece of paper. Different strokes.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:31 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

The funny thing about these type of threads looking to set records is... they always set the limits based upon their build. Anything done differently then their build doesn't count. Basically anyone that shows up with something better and it's automatically not a street car....LOL...that's why it's a participation trophy thread! Plus when did we start putting more emphasis on dyno's than time slips?
Not trying to set a record, just trying to see what turbo/SC'er actually make big numbers...as in 1,500-1,800-2,000....and fit a typical single turbo kit. Not fabbing the entire engine bay. After talking to JZ about dimensions,,,,,he said the GT55 will fit my single turbo kit..and it can support 1,900 RWHP in a perfect set up.

I see cars like the red GTR in Texas all over youtube that supposedly has never lost a roll race.....and supposedly has 2,000 RWHP or more. Does it really have 2,000 RWHP....? Do the other cars he races really only have 1,000 and they all say they have 1,500-1,800 so they all lose the roll race against the GTR....?

Just takes money to kill that GTR.....just go buy a 2,500 HP NRE TT LSX 427ci. Have Tom Nelson set it up for roll racing and the GTR gets killed. That GTR is a total street car daily driver.....looks factory stock....so he's doing something right.

There's people also claiming 2,000+ HP with the F1X on a LSX 427ci......Bob at Brute Speed says NO WAY possible, especially with a serpentine belt. So lots of mixed info out there.

------I also have zero interest in drag racing....just not my thing and too much shot breaks........roll racing and highway pulls only.....and just general fun ****........

Last edited by stilealive; 07-31-2020 at 06:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stilealive
Not trying to set a record, just trying to see what turbo/SC'er actually make big numbers...as in 1,500-1,800-2,000....and fit a typical single turbo kit. Not fabbing the entire engine bay. After talking to JZ about dimensions,,,,,he said the GT55 will fit my single turbo kit..and it can support 1,900 RWHP in a perfect set up.

I see cars like the red GTR in Texas all over youtube that supposedly has never lost a roll race.....and supposedly has 2,000 RWHP or more. Does it really have 2,000 RWHP....? Do the other cars he races really only have 1,000 and they all say they have 1,500-1,800 so they all lose the roll race against the GTR....?

Just takes money to kill that GTR.....just go buy a 2,500 HP NRE TT LSX 427ci. Have Tom Nelson set it up for roll racing and the GTR gets killed. That GTR is a total street car daily driver.....looks factory stock....so he's doing something right.

There's people also claiming 2,000+ HP with the F1X on a LSX 427ci......Bob at Brute Speed says NO WAY possible, especially with a serpentine belt. So lots of mixed info out there.

------I also have zero interest in drag racing....just not my thing and too much shot breaks........roll racing and highway pulls only.....and just general fun ****........
You're not going to fit a GT55 chassis in the engine bay of a C6 Corvette and keep all the factory systems.

The red GTR is from Florida and it makes close or at 2000awhp on nitrous. All those vipers he raced were 1600whp and above. The blue GTR was turned down but capable of making 2000whp.

If you want to run with something like that, from a roll, you'll need to throw as much power down as possible from the hit. I'm talking 1300+. You're not going to do that without AMAZING tuning, traction control, suspension, etc. Not to mention, unless you can bang gears, you'll need an auto, sequential, or faceplated/dog box transmission.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:30 AM
8 Second Club

I was going to say the same about the F1X, unless maybe as a reach they are talking crank hp with nitrous. The thing with youtube is cars I know for a fact what power they make soon as a camera hits them the owners add 25% or more to make it sound good. Seems silly to me, I’d always rather claim less power not more.

Also agree on drag racing, with the very limited event schedule and more and more tracks closing everyday it doesn't appeal to me to build a drag car. Much rather have fun driving my street car on the street everyday.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:31 AM
10 Second Club

You're also missing 2 driven wheels. The alpha GTR's and UGR Lambo's are also AWD.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

You're also missing 2 driven wheels. The alpha GTR's and UGR Lambo's are also AWD.
Definitely makes a huge difference but look at what the Vipers are doing now. They are putting down serious power. Their traction control tuning is on another level.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:38 AM
10 Second Club

I understand we all have different goals. Also understand when you ask who makes the most power in a street car and people offer up examples then everyone moves the goal posts saying this car or that car doesn’t count them it seems like a participation trophy type of thing.

Drag racing takes more skill in my opinion than a dyno number or even a roll race. With that said beating that GTR is going to take more than money. You aren’t going to dead hook at 60 mph with 2000 horse. Make 1500 and find a way to dead hook from 60 mph and you have a fighting chance at least if you’re light.

I think LME made 1700 at the crank with an f1x and 8 rib over spinning the blower before the stock head bolts let go. 2000 at the wheels needs an F3 and gear drive not street friendly.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:40 AM
8 Second Club

They also have $300k into them and chuck $40k transmissions Thats a game for those with deeeep pockets. Even the Viper builds start at $150k its insane.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:47 AM
10 Second Club

Hey, nobody said anything about cost! I'm simply saying that UGR lambo drove out of the LMR C6's life and it wasn't because the C6 wasn't making enough power.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:50 AM
10 Second Club

Funny thing is based upon your criteria my car is a race car, but it makes way less power and is way more daily capable than the cars being talked about here LOL goal posts just moved again LOL
Old 07-31-2020, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Nitrous isn’t street legal not a street car lol. Aftermarket ecu the car didn’t come with that not a street car lol.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:53 AM
10 Second Club

Funny thing is based upon your criteria my car is a race car, but it makes way less power and is way more daily capable than the cars being talked about here LOL goal posts just moved again LOL
I figured we'd left the street car conversation as soon as we started talking about Tx2K lol.

Quick Reply: What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????