Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 06:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by ddnspider
I figured we'd left the street car conversation as soon as we started talking about Tx2K lol.
The goal posts got moved pretty quick lol. We set pretty strict guidelines to rule out certain cars then immediately start talking about cars that absolutely don’t fit the guidelines lol
Old 07-31-2020, 06:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
The goal posts got moved pretty quick lol. We set pretty strict guidelines to rule out certain cars then immediately start talking about cars that absolutely don’t fit the guidelines lol
I don't think the goal posts moved, the conversation moved. All this business of 160mph and 2000hp stuff on the street doesn't change my stance on what is a street car. We're just having a difference conversation now that's all.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

I don't think the goal posts moved, the conversation moved. All this business of 160mph and 2000hp stuff on the street doesn't change my stance on what is a street car. We're just having a difference conversation now that's all.
First it was if you’re wife can’t drive your car all year round even in the snow it’s not a street car. So that ruled me out, but I’m from Iowa so not a level playing field with guys down south. I will say no one is driving a 2000 horse car in an iowa winter lol
Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jayyyw
You're not going to fit a GT55 chassis in the engine bay of a C6 Corvette and keep all the factory systems.

The red GTR is from Florida and it makes close or at 2000awhp on nitrous. All those vipers he raced were 1600whp and above. The blue GTR was turned down but capable of making 2000whp.

If you want to run with something like that, from a roll, you'll need to throw as much power down as possible from the hit. I'm talking 1300+. You're not going to do that without AMAZING tuning, traction control, suspension, etc. Not to mention, unless you can bang gears, you'll need an auto, sequential, or faceplated/dog box transmission.
Now, I'm not saying I want to beat those GTRs.....that just takes money and they are all beat. Thats just a waste of cash in my opinion unless thats all your goals are. Mine are to get close as possible to those power levels and go have a blast. The car will no longer be my daily driver. Wifey doesn't care what I do with the car....MIRACLE, not that she has any say, but good to have her blessing....LOL

See what I can do......if it blows up...whatever. If it runs for awhile, great. If it blows I'll immediately buy an LME LSX 427ci or have someone build me one.

Not a Vette. 98 Trans Am WS6. Level 4 - 4L80E was just installed. Strange 12 bolt was just fully rebuilt. 390ci fully forged iron LQ9. Brodix LS7 heads. Intake/TB ?????Full suspension. Holley Terminator X w/4L80E is the plan. Full race gas tune is fine.

My questions is: Turbo or F1X

If I'm wasting my time with this LQ9 390ci I'll sell it right now before it turns into a bunch of twisted metal shavings...LOL............and go LSX iron 4xx cubic inch and slam the **** out of it.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

First it was if you’re wife can’t drive your car all year round even in the snow it’s not a street car. So that ruled me out, but I’m from Iowa so not a level playing field with guys down south. I will say no one is driving a 2000 horse car in an iowa winter lol
I wasn't strictly ruling you out because of winter, I was just stating that my car was able to be driven in the winter. Doesn't mean my car was the threshold lol. Again, just to be clear, this is all just my opinion anyways which someone can completely disagree with lol. As a separate conversation, we started talking about high hp roll racing stuff. I'm not saying that those are all street cars either. We're simply talking about them, and at least from my perspective, talking about them doesn't mean they're street cars lol.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stilealive

If I'm wasting my time with this LQ9 390ci I'll sell it right now before it turns into a bunch of twisted metal shavings...LOL............and go LSX iron 4xx cubic inch and slam the **** out of it.
Boost by gear will be your friend so unless you're planning on a wastegated blower setup, you'll want to go turbo.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
They also have $300k into them and chuck $40k transmissions Thats a game for those with deeeep pockets. Even the Viper builds start at $150k its insane.
The GTRs have $300K to get them close to 2,000 HP.....holy ****.....I didn't know it was that much.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:15 AM
Banned

I'm talking turbo or SCers......I'm still talking about the same thing from post #1......
Old 07-31-2020, 07:49 AM
10 Second Club

Now, I'm not saying I want to beat those GTRs.....that just takes money and they are all beat. Thats just a waste of cash in my opinion unless thats all your goals are. Mine are to get close as possible to those power levels and go have a blast. The car will no longer be my daily driver. Wifey doesn't care what I do with the car....MIRACLE, not that she has any say, but good to have her blessing....LOL

See what I can do......if it blows up...whatever. If it runs for awhile, great. If it blows I'll immediately buy an LME LSX 427ci or have someone build me one.

Not a Vette. 98 Trans Am WS6. Level 4 - 4L80E was just installed. Strange 12 bolt was just fully rebuilt. 390ci fully forged iron LQ9. Brodix LS7 heads. Intake/TB ?????Full suspension. Holley Terminator X w/4L80E is the plan. Full race gas tune is fine.

Sounds like a hell of a setup. Now read your OP because it doesn’t fit your original criteria as a daily and your wife has to daily it also. Lol. I’m totally messing with you now man reaching your personal goals and having fun is what matters most.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

I wasn't strictly ruling you out because of winter, I was just stating that my car was able to be driven in the winter. Doesn't mean my car was the threshold lol. Again, just to be clear, this is all just my opinion anyways which someone can completely disagree with lol. As a separate conversation, we started talking about high hp roll racing stuff. I'm not saying that those are all street cars either. We're simply talking about them, and at least from my perspective, talking about them doesn't mean they're street cars lol.
I know I’m just giving you guys a hard time since the conversation changed quick.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:04 AM
10 Second Club

I know I’m just giving you guys a hard time since the conversation changed quick.
A street car doesn't exist!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:14 AM
10 Second Club

A street car doesn't exist!
lol...you have drag radials on it’s a drag car see it’s right in the name. Even in my slow car I got tired of not having traction so I run ET street R’s all the time now. Since they are on 15’s I started running my matching skinnies all the time also. It’s really not that bad fronts are even bias ply Mickey Thompson sportsman’s because race car lol
Old 07-31-2020, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

lol...you have drag radials on it’s a drag car see it’s right in the name. Even in my slow car I got tired of not having traction so I run ET street R’s all the time now. Since they are on 15’s I started running my matching skinnies all the time also. It’s really not that bad fronts are even bias ply Mickey Thompson sportsman’s because race car lol
I have a street car! I typically role around on 315/35/17 M/T sport comps (true street tire). Then when I get bored of skating I'll put on the radials to mess around with. Then get tired of how it looks and put the 17's back on. Its a vicious cycle lol.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

I have a street car! I typically role around on 315/35/17 M/T sport comps (true street tire). Then when I get bored of skating I'll put on the radials to mess around with. Then get tired of how it looks and put the 17's back on. Its a vicious cycle lol.
I have 18’s with nitto NT05 I think they are. I’m helpless with them on though so I just run street R’s on 15’s all the time now.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

I have 18’s with nitto NT05 I think they are. I’m helpless with them on though so I just run street R’s on 15’s all the time now.
I don't blame you....traction life is tough. I wish so bad I went AWD on my DD.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:05 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

The GTRs have $300K to get them close to 2,000 HP.....holy ****.....I didn't know it was that much.
Ya those guys spend $60-100k to make 900-1000hp. Some guys have said they spent over half a million to crack 7’s with 2000 and some guys have a million into it to crack 6’s. Kinda crazy when you can run low 7’s with a $50k promod roller and a SBE 5.3
Old 07-31-2020, 11:11 AM
Banned

Ya those guys spend $60-100k to make 900-1000hp. Some guys have said they spent over half a million to crack 7’s with 2000 and some guys have a million into it to crack 6’s. Kinda crazy when you can run low 7’s with a $50k promod roller and a SBE 5.3
Jeezuz....I had no idea. Thats hilarious really.

EDIT: NEW STREET CAR definition....you can't spend more than $30,000 in mods to build a beast.......or its not a street car......HAHAHA....problem solved....LOL
Old 07-31-2020, 11:15 AM
10 Second Club

EDIT: NEW STREET CAR definition....you can't spend more than $30,000 in mods to build a beast.......or its not a street car......HAHAHA....problem solved....LOL
Shoot, I don't have half that into my current turbo Camaro including the price of the car lolol.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:38 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

True, I would argue a muffler comes well before AC, you can order some cars without AC but generally not without a muffler. A stereo is important, nothing sucks worse then cruising for hours listening to nothing but exhaust. Technically some cars can be ordered with a rear seat delete so that shouldn't count either. And is it really not a street car if you replace your clunky stock seat with a safer FIA approved one? Another key point is the vehicle also needs DOT tires and no skinnies, can't be running non DOT approved tires on your street car! I don't believe lexan/speedglass/optic armor is DOT approved either so none of that is allowed. You may also want to check with your insurance company if a cage is allowed on a vehicle they insure, some people have had some issues with that as well (some specialty carriers are ok with it, but they also aren't for daily drivers). Also, no race brakes that are more suited for a mountain bike then a vehicle and overheat with more then 1 stop. Lets not rule out engine cooling, fuel capacity, overheating trans, etc a true daily street car should be able to easily cruise for 200 miles without stopping.

I see it this way: police aren't going to pull you over for no AC but they will for loud exhaust, improper tires, etc so it should at least meet the basic rules of being able to pass a cop and not get hassled.
You won’t get pulled over for **** in Wyoming lol.

Hell my town let the Street Outlaws Fastest in America film here this last month cuz they couldn’t get approval anywhere else in the country lol.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Just so I’m understanding you guys correctly. My 5.3 LM7 build won’t be anything for over 500rwhp-600rwhp that’s the plan. Now it’s not going to be a strip car either just a weekend warrior and think I will go the blower route again like my original LT1 had. This is a LS swap into my 1994z28. Just want some nice power out of it. Had Vortech in the past so might go with Procharger this time not sure yet but everyone has always said cranks must be pinned.. I only had maybe 200miles on my camaro but also didn’t beat on it. But the tuner screwed up the engine anyhow. My question is I don’t need to pin my crank? I don’t know how high I’m going to be rev the engine but you see my hp goal. Not trying to be off topic just asking if the crank pin is really needed or mainly just for a race car... Budget build so not wanting to spend what I won’t need. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????