Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2020, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Default What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????

I'm talking a full weight, A/C, stereo, all seats, full interior, car that can be taken on long trips and driven every day by your wife........

Pump gas or race gas or dual fueled.

Single turbo............not Twin Turbo.

What turbo and cubic inch was used?

Old 07-28-2020, 06:24 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Not mine!
Old 07-28-2020, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I want to see pictures of these cars
Old 07-28-2020, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

InB4racecardrivenonthestreet=streetcar
The following users liked this post:
Kfxguy (07-28-2020)
Old 07-29-2020, 06:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ddnspider
InB4racecardrivenonthestreet=streetcar
Like the F1X AMP C6 Vette. Runs 7.75 in the 1/4. Daily driver.

Or any of the other hundreds of 1,000 RWHP cars that are daily drivers around the country with full interiors.

It seems as if between a single turbo and the F1X......the F1X has more power potential.

And I’m talking about your normal line of T6 flanged turbos. Not a single turbo so damn big that it will require you to remove everything accept the engine and a radiator to stuff it in. I’m talking a T6 single turbo that will fit the Huron Speed single turbo kit.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:52 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stilealive
Like the F1X AMP C6 Vette. Runs 7.75 in the 1/4. Daily driver.

Or any of the other hundreds of 1,000 RWHP cars that are daily drivers around the country with full interiors.....
I have no doubt those cars are driven on the daily on the street...
Old 07-29-2020, 07:32 AM
Banned

I have no doubt those cars are driven on the daily on the street...
I Also doubt most 1,000+ RWHP cars are driven literally as a daily driver.....as in every day of the year.

But they are 100% capable of being an every day daily driver.

To me......the simple definition of a daily driver......A car that absolutely can be driven every day of the year without any issues.

Know what I mean.....?

Old 07-29-2020, 08:12 AM
10 Second Club

I Also doubt most 1,000+ RWHP cars are driven literally as a daily driver.....as in every day of the year.

But they are 100% capable of being an every day daily driver.

To me......the simple definition of a daily driver......A car that absolutely can be driven every day of the year without any issues.

Know what I mean.....?
I'm in the same camp. My turbo TA was literally my DD every day. When I sold it, the new owner drove up the entire east cost in the middle of winter, including snow. THAT is a true DD.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 780 Likes on 394 Posts

On a vette, twins would be easier to package and keep all the creature comforts. UPP makes a fender mount kit that supports 1200 or so, depending on your engine combo.

Z06: Street car with twins, Louis Pepe may have the highest HP capable setup that keeps everything working. He uses a custom fender mount kit with twin s369s.

ZR1: Daniel Gonzales from Lethal Performance probably had the highest HP single turbo car but it had an auto and I'm not 100% if it kept a/c. He trapped 180+ in the 1/4mi.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jayyyw
On a vette, twins would be easier to package and keep all the creature comforts. UPP makes a fender mount kit that supports 1200 or so, depending on your engine combo.

Z06: Street car with twins, Louis Pepe may have the highest HP capable setup that keeps everything working. He uses a custom fender mount kit with twin s369s.

ZR1: Daniel Gonzales from Lethal Performance probably had the highest HP single turbo car but it had an auto and I'm not 100% if it kept a/c. He trapped 180+ in the 1/4mi.

Do you know the RWHP numbers of those two cars?

Its looking like the F1X has quite a bit more potential along with keeping the car factory stock looking and A/C plus all other factory items.

As for a true Daily Driver, the highest RWHP F1X set up I’ve seen so far is 2,200 at 30psi on race gas. A member here with a nice C6 Vette. Easy daily driver. LME LSX 427ci. Doesn’t run race gas daily but did a dyno pull to hit that number. I think he said daily driving it’s at 1,250-1,300 RWHP.

question is: How stressful is a SCer on the crank shaft...? I’ve heard it many times that it is. Isn’t there the crank pinning kit that eliminates that problem? Can an engine be built to eliminate that from being a failure possibility?

Last edited by stilealive; 07-29-2020 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 780 Likes on 394 Posts

Louis makes like 1300whp right now. They plan to turn it up more soon.

Daniel was making 1600+
Old 07-30-2020, 06:17 AM
10 Second Club

If anything crank pinning adds stress lol. It just locks the crank pulley to the crankshaft so it doesn't spin and mess up the snout. Superchargers eat horsepower because they have to be turned and they add stress because you've got this added load on the crank being pulled to turn it at high speeds. That said, if the engine is built right, there shouldn't be an issue.
Old 07-30-2020, 06:27 AM
Banned

If anything crank pinning adds stress lol. It just locks the crank pulley to the crankshaft so it doesn't spin and mess up the snout. Superchargers eat horsepower because they have to be turned and they add stress because you've got this added load on the crank being pulled to turn it at high speeds. That said, if the engine is built right, there shouldn't be an issue.
Thats what I’m wondering. Is it just a talking point about the added stress....?

Or does it really cause failures of crankshafts....?

So yea....a properly built engine should have no problem. BUT is there something special in a build that makes it stronger for a Centri SCer...? Or you just build an engine properly like normal and you’re fine...?

Old 07-30-2020, 07:03 AM
10 Second Club

You need to have the proper main bearing clearances. Some also opt for a better crank if you're using a giant blower making tons of power so it can handle the added stresses on it.
Old 07-30-2020, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 528 Likes on 391 Posts

I know for supercharged sbcs you can get a big block snout on the crank, not sure if thats available for LS motors, but it might be a good idea
Old 07-30-2020, 08:25 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

You guys have more restrictions on the term "street car" then my wife does. We've driven halfway across the country in a manual car without A/C or P/S and didnt mind a bit, if anything it's less to go wrong. I've seen multiple thrown GM AC belts that also take out the crank seal and a large percent of GM power steering makes noise, leaks, or gets hot and comes out the cap anyways.

As far as T6 flanges go, thats old school put a Tial dual vband turbine on it to save weight/space and also decrease spool.

Thats what I’m wondering. Is it just a talking point about the added stress....?

Or does it really cause failures of crankshafts....?

So yea....a properly built engine should have no problem. BUT is there something special in a build that makes it stronger for a Centri SCer...? Or you just build an engine properly like normal and you’re fine...?
Seen multiple forged crank failures from overspun blowers. For a "true daily" an overspun blower would not be on my list.

Originally Posted by jayyyw
Louis makes like 1300whp right now. They plan to turn it up more soon.
If only it ran like it had 1300whp, last I saw his quarter and 60-130 was slower then an NA C6Z and over a full second slower than a rod/piston 5.3. Maybe they got it sorted out since then?

Old 07-30-2020, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
You guys have more restrictions on the term "street car" then my wife does. We've driven halfway across the country in a manual car without A/C or P/S and didnt mind a bit, if anything it's less to go wrong. I've seen multiple thrown GM AC belts that also take out the crank seal and a large percent of GM power steering makes noise, leaks, or gets hot and comes out the cap anyways.
You can make the same argument about a passenger seat and seat belts and a stereo and mufflers/exhaust blablabla. It's NOT about who has the highest toleration level to achieve the definition of a street car.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:18 AM
Banned

Street Car = How it came from the factory with all its factory installed parts. Except for obvious items that need to be upgraded to handle power increases. Or removing something that makes the car illegal.

If it was ordered without certain parts/options.......it’s still a street car.

Gotta draw the line somewhere, somehow......that seems the most cut and dry and fair. Otherwise every swinging dick with a tub of bolts, fabrications and wild builds and 4 wheels will call it THEIR street car.......lol
Old 07-30-2020, 10:57 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

You can make the same argument about a passenger seat and seat belts and a stereo and mufflers/exhaust blablabla. It's NOT about who has the highest toleration level to achieve the definition of a street car.
True, I would argue a muffler comes well before AC, you can order some cars without AC but generally not without a muffler. A stereo is important, nothing sucks worse then cruising for hours listening to nothing but exhaust. Technically some cars can be ordered with a rear seat delete so that shouldn't count either. And is it really not a street car if you replace your clunky stock seat with a safer FIA approved one? Another key point is the vehicle also needs DOT tires and no skinnies, can't be running non DOT approved tires on your street car! I don't believe lexan/speedglass/optic armor is DOT approved either so none of that is allowed. You may also want to check with your insurance company if a cage is allowed on a vehicle they insure, some people have had some issues with that as well (some specialty carriers are ok with it, but they also aren't for daily drivers). Also, no race brakes that are more suited for a mountain bike then a vehicle and overheat with more then 1 stop. Lets not rule out engine cooling, fuel capacity, overheating trans, etc a true daily street car should be able to easily cruise for 200 miles without stopping.

I see it this way: police aren't going to pull you over for no AC but they will for loud exhaust, improper tires, etc so it should at least meet the basic rules of being able to pass a cop and not get hassled.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

This seems like a participation trophy thread...lol

If we narrow the criteria down enough we can all have records.

Quick Reply: What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????