Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 01:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Also no people in Wyoming! Drive through Virginia, known as strictest on 95. That’ll let you know whats legal or not.

Plus not like any of those clapped outlaws are street cars anyways, nor are they anywhere near the fastest. I wish they didnt get approval, show is AIDS. Makes everyone with a modified car look like a podunk hillbilly fkn his cousin.
It brought over 2 million dollars into our local economy in 6 weeks. Huge help during this crazy year. Thanks for being a selfish douche bag. If you don’t like TV then don’t watch it. It’s ******* tv 🙄

Was fun watching our Wyoming team go rounds with the other teams from around the US too.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

Took the race car out for a little spin. Just some normal stop and go driving and a few different highway speed zones. No wot until near the end because I saw a couple state troopers in the spot I planned. Point of the video is to show how ridiculously easy and tame it is to drive a car with a stalled auto, spool, skinnies, drag radials, aggressive 232/248 116.5 lsa cam on the street with zero issues. Absolutely streetable and I've gone longer highway drives in the area of 1 hour each way without issue as well. It's funny that when I was younger some of the old beater cars I drove were way less streetable than most late model "race cars"...

Old 08-02-2020, 05:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,301 Posts

That blower whistle sounds mean. Is the high pitched hum at low speed the fuel pump?
Old 08-02-2020, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds good and wants to let loose quick haha. 5.7 goat or 6.0? My LT1 z28 I had a S-trim V1 with eBay BOV and it whistled like that. Blower was quite but you could hear the 58mm throttlebody sucking air. Stock everything except valve train, mild head intake work and all boltons, deletes, mids, ypipe, off-road SLP loudmouth 1, 2800 stall. It would do that on 275/40/17 ten spokes.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ddnspider
That blower whistle sounds mean. Is the high pitched hum at low speed the fuel pump?
Yep the Magnafuel 4303 is a loud pump.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SCLT1
Sounds good and wants to let loose quick haha. 5.7 goat or 6.0? My LT1 z28 I had a S-trim V1 with eBay BOV and it whistled like that. Blower was quite but you could hear the 58mm throttlebody sucking air. Stock everything except valve train, mild head intake work and all boltons, deletes, mids, ypipe, off-road SLP loudmouth 1, 2800 stall. It would do that on 275/40/17 ten spokes.
Forged LS3 377 with 10.6 to 1 compression on ethanol. It's pretty tame driving around, but gets wild quick when you want it to.

ETA: I'm on 275/50/15 ET street R's

Last edited by BCNUL8R; 08-02-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
Took the race car out for a little spin. Just some normal stop and go driving and a few different highway speed zones. No wot until near the end because I saw a couple state troopers in the spot I planned. Point of the video is to show how ridiculously easy and tame it is to drive a car with a stalled auto, spool, skinnies, drag radials, aggressive 232/248 116.5 lsa cam on the street with zero issues. Absolutely streetable and I've gone longer highway drives in the area of 1 hour each way without issue as well. It's funny that when I was younger some of the old beater cars I drove were way less streetable than most late model "race cars"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP2Rf8trDLc
Without going back through this whole thread....what RWHP are you at?

Thats why I like the SCer idea...."Basically"...instant response. I know if I went single turbo it would be far from that.....you couldn't just stab it at slow speeds and get a good response. You have to learn all the areas of the rpm range when power will come in and out......and when it will slam you......

I'd like to see a video of s single turbo revving and/or doing a drive just like that.......

But I also guess for a car doing mostly doing roll races it'll be somewhat partially boosted up at 40-50mph waiting for the hit...... Where as just driving around like you were in that video you can't just stab the throttle at all different speeds and expect a smooth rpm increase like a N/A engine or SCer. You'll have to be careful with it because of how the boost will come in.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:32 PM
Banned

The only engines I've ever seen that are turbo or twin turbo that literally rev as fast and snappy as a N/A stroker engine.....NRE engines.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stilealive
Without going back through this whole thread....what RWHP are you at?

Thats why I like the SCer idea...."Basically"...instant response. I know if I went single turbo it would be far from that.....you couldn't just stab it at slow speeds and get a good response. You have to learn all the areas of the rpm range when power will come in and out......and when it will slam you......

I'd like to see a video of s single turbo revving and/or doing a drive just like that.......

But I also guess for a car doing mostly doing roll races it'll be somewhat partially boosted up at 40-50mph waiting for the hit...... Where as just driving around like you were in that video you can't just stab the throttle at all different speeds and expect a smooth rpm increase like a N/A engine or SCer. You'll have to be careful with it because of how the boost will come in.
I'm well below the power level you are looking to achieve for roll racing. I just wanted to show how easily street driveable the car is even though it doesn't pass the "street car" rules some have laid out here. I tune on the street and based upon how it runs and similar setups I'm maybe a measly 800 rwhp through the 4l60e. The power is predictable, easy to drive, and although you can spin the tires at will you can also control it. I want more power and have a little room to grow with the D1x, but may find myself with an f1a-94 soon...LOL
Old 08-03-2020, 07:05 AM
10 Second Club

I'm well below the power level you are looking to achieve for roll racing. I just wanted to show how easily street driveable the car is even though it doesn't pass the "street car" rules some have laid out here. I tune on the street and based upon how it runs and similar setups I'm maybe a measly 800 rwhp through the 4l60e. The power is predictable, easy to drive, and although you can spin the tires at will you can also control it. I want more power and have a little room to grow with the D1x, but may find myself with an f1a-94 soon...LOL
I think the thing I appreciate about you is that you don't pretend it has OEM type NVH or ride quality. Between the fuel pump, blower whistle, rearend clunk and whine, its not OEM smooth. But you don't sit there and pretend that it is like others do. It doesn't buck and surge and stall and you don't have to rev to the moon to get the thing moving. Its docile enough on the street for a cruise, maybe just not something you'd want to drive year round rain or shine.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:17 AM
10 Second Club

I think the thing I appreciate about you is that you don't pretend it has OEM type NVH or ride quality. Between the fuel pump, blower whistle, rearend clunk and whine, its not OEM smooth. But you don't sit there and pretend that it is like others do. It doesn't buck and surge and stall and you don't have to rev to the moon to get the thing moving. Its docile enough on the street for a cruise, maybe just not something you'd want to drive year round rain or shine.
Thank you and I agree there are cars out there gutted showing up on meth with no radiator or alternator claiming to be street cars now...it’s ridiculous.

There are literally people out there that think steel roof and quarters plus a license plate from 15 years ago makes it a street car.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

One of my favorite channels just had this discussion as well. Plexiglass Windows? Drag brakes? Exhaust out the hood?

Old 08-03-2020, 08:28 AM
Banned

Your car is an easy street car......what could possibly disqualify it? Not changing tires.......thats something thats required to accommodate power upgrades.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:26 AM
10 Second Club

Your car is an easy street car......what could possibly disqualify it? Not changing tires.......thats something thats required to accommodate power upgrades.
According to members here skinnies and/or a spool make it a race car. I think my video demonstrates that isn’t much of an issue.

I guess my “tolerance” is different because from my first car as a teenager I’ve had less streetable cars as daily’s even through Iowa winters. At 17 I had a 70’s era monza with no power steering and no ac. It drank so much oil it never needed changed as it flushed itself lol. Even had to pop the hood and stick a screw driver in the carb to start it then jump out pull it back out and shut the hood before I put a manual choke on it. Old trucks with 3 on the tree and no ac or power steering. I grew up without things that now are considered required to be street cars. So you can see why my opinion differs on this subject.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Banned

According to members here skinnies and/or a spool make it a race car. I think my video demonstrates that isn’t much of an issue.

I guess my “tolerance” is different because from my first car as a teenager I’ve had less streetable cars as daily’s even through Iowa winters. At 17 I had a 70’s era monza with no power steering and no ac. It drank so much oil it never needed changed as it flushed itself lol. Even had to pop the hood and stick a screw driver in the carb to start it then jump out pull it back out and shut the hood before I put a manual choke on it. Old trucks with 3 on the tree and no ac or power steering. I grew up without things that now are considered required to be street cars. So you can see why my opinion differs on this subject.
I hear ya.

Modding for performance increases is the whole point though.....so it only makes sense that an aftermarket turbo, sc'er or nitrous is fine and its still a street car. I guess the only people that don't consider a car with an aftermarket power adder NOT a street car anymore are those who can't afford it or who only like N/A. But isn't everything a power adder.....CAI, cam, better intake/tb, heads, etc...... It all adds power. Skinnies help performance, just like a cam or heads.

I guess a car should no longer be considered a street car when changes make it illegal or less safe than it was from the factory. That means a pure trailered drag car or a drag car that can drive to a track on its own to race, then make it home again....but would roll over onto its roof in a hard turn on the street.......is NOT a street car anymore because its unsafe.

Maybe a street car can only be defined by the person paying to put on an event...they make the rules.

Your car is sweet.....and it is a street car.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

That looks like that 1nverted guy on here. Geez he's full of quotes:
"$250 wont even cover my gas!"
"You dont need wipers"
"Why do I need exhaust past the fire wall?"

He is the definition of my statement that if you have to make an argument that you have a street car, you probably don't LOL.
Old 08-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Banned

According to members here skinnies and/or a spool make it a race car.
Thats like saying steroids makes you a pro athlete so they can't compete on game night because they aren't drug free. Imagine watching a bunch of our fathers on an NFL field playing football....it would be boring and hilarious.

Just like going to a street race night with cars that have no turbos or SC'ers.......BORING.....and hilarious.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Thats like saying steroids makes you a pro athlete so they can't compete on game night because they aren't drug free. Imagine watching a bunch of our fathers on an NFL field playing football....it would be boring and hilarious.

Just like going to a street race night with cars that have no turbos or SC'ers.......BORING.....and hilarious.
Except they have rules that fine you and kick you out if you're caught with steroids lol. You don't get in trouble for automatically putting a blower on your car....except in CA
Old 08-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Banned

Except they have rules that fine you and kick you out if you're caught with steroids lol. You don't get in trouble for automatically putting a blower on your car....except in CA
True....

Old 08-03-2020, 12:15 PM
10 Second Club

Street car classes are the hardest to define.

Race car classes have specific rules for tire size, weight, bore spacing, blower size, etc.

My buddy just won the ice cream cruise ran 5.1 at 148 mph in a 2002 vette. At least they had to do 5 laps on the 2 1/2 mile road course to be eligible. Most street car events don’t even require that.

Quick Reply: What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????