Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 115 Likes on 76 Posts

Anything can be a street car if you drive it on the street. Whether it's safe is always the real argument. Skinnies take away from emergency maneuvering. They don't make it a race car but they sure establish the intent of the car and its intent isn't to be the best at the street stuff anymore, its to be better at the strip by sacrificing street safety.

If you have to dodge a deer and you have free choice of tires to do it on, no reasonable person is picking skinnies...just sayin.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,746 Likes on 1,304 Posts

Originally Posted by LetsTurboSomething
Anything can be a street car if you drive it on the street. Whether it's safe is always the real argument. Skinnies take away from emergency maneuvering. They don't make it a race car but they sure establish the intent of the car and its intent isn't to be the best at the street stuff anymore, its to be better at the strip by sacrificing street safety.

If you have to dodge a deer and you have free choice of tires to do it on, no reasonable person is picking skinnies...just sayin.
I always thought safety was a given. It really starts getting ugly when you talk about creature comforts (NVH, idle quality, rpm, exhaust, etc).
Old 08-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by BCNUL8R
Street car classes are the hardest to define.

Race car classes have specific rules for tire size, weight, bore spacing, blower size, etc.

My buddy just won the ice cream cruise ran 5.1 at 148 mph in a 2002 vette. At least they had to do 5 laps on the 2 1/2 mile road course to be eligible. Most street car events don’t even require that.
Didn't NRE build some TT LS car that did the 300 mile street car/race car test. They drove to 3 drag tracks spaced about 100 miles apart each.....ran 8 second 1/4 miles with only tire changes........and ended up back in the same place.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by LetsTurboSomething

Your not supposed to dodge animals. Your supposed to drive through them. Swerving isn’t considered safe or a good driving tactic (regardless of wheels)
Old 08-03-2020, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragframe
Your not supposed to dodge animals. Your supposed to drive through them. Swerving isn’t considered safe or a good driving tactic (regardless of wheels)
I had a Turbo Buick that was super clean and I was racing an lt1 firebird off a stop light. I was in front by the way lol. Something hit my passenger door and my passenger looked like he saw God. I said what was that? He said f’n deer. I looked in the mirror to see the deer get back up and run off. The deer jumped a guard rail right into my passenger door flipped over the car into the ground. Me and the guy in the firebird that was behind me lifted when I hit the deer. He saw the whole thing.

That was the only deer I’ve ever hit.

You are right though you don’t swerve them they will suicide themselves. If you are swerving you’ve already failed. I have actually accelerated a time or two to avoid deer, but never swerved.

I have 245/40/18’s for the front also I just have no need for them for my use. If I was to actually drive the car daily then I’d put the 18’s on.

Funny world you demonstrate how street friendly your car is and people that wouldn’t even know you have skinnies on it if you didn’t tell them say oh now it’s a race car lmao.

Last edited by BCNUL8R; 08-03-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Fastest I've seen, is neither a vette, or F body. It's an 85' berlinetta with an LT1 383, good for high 7s and 180+. The car is 100% real deal street car, heat/ac/power steering/FULL interior/stereo, and still runs pump gas. It was featured on 1320 video a few years ago. The car comes to my local track in BG, and I've had the chance to inspect it up close. It is the fastest street car that I've ever seen go down the track. Another thing, the seats, are the factory issued seats, none of this kirky hard seat stuff. The car doesn't even have a chute.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:18 AM
10 Second Club

Good to see you. Was online last night wondering where you been. You get that Z06 yet?
Old 08-08-2020, 11:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Game ova
Fastest I've seen, is neither a vette, or F body. It's an 85' berlinetta with an LT1 383, good for high 7s and 180+. The car is 100% real deal street car, heat/ac/power steering/FULL interior/stereo, and still runs pump gas. It was featured on 1320 video a few years ago. The car comes to my local track in BG, and I've had the chance to inspect it up close. It is the fastest street car that I've ever seen go down the track. Another thing, the seats, are the factory issued seats, none of this kirky hard seat stuff. The car doesn't even have a chute.
Thats what I'm talking about....nice.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ddnspider
Good to see you. Was online last night wondering where you been. You get that Z06 yet?
Nah, I've dropped that idea. Completely changed my mindset and focus since all the drama with covid and everything that we are seeing right now.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stilealive
Thats what I'm talking about....nice.
I went through this thread, and seen some back and forth, about what qualifies as a real deal street car, and this one in the video, outruns many race cars (claimed street cars) that I've seen over the years. This is the gold standard of what a fast street car is imo.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:04 AM
10 Second Club

Nah, I've dropped that idea. Completely changed my mindset and focus since all the drama with covid and everything that we are seeing right now.
I hear you. Assessing priorities is important.
Old 08-10-2020, 10:27 AM
Banned

I went through this thread, and seen some back and forth, about what qualifies as a real deal street car, and this one in the video, outruns many race cars (claimed street cars) that I've seen over the years. This is the gold standard of what a fast street car is imo.

https://youtu.be/4ZHnpjvJTCo
Damn....and old school LT1. Badass.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:28 AM
10 Second Club

https://youtu.be/4ZHnpjvJTCo
Not a street car imo since it has slicks on it plus we already ruled my car out as a race car because it has skinnies so that’s two things immediately ruling that car out.
Old 08-10-2020, 11:51 AM
Banned

Not a street car imo since it has slicks on it plus we already ruled my car out as a race car because it has skinnies so that’s two things immediately ruling that car out.
True. At least has to have DOT approved street tires.

But that will still be a badass street car with street tires.....
Old 08-10-2020, 11:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stilealive
True. At least has to have DOT approved street tires.

But that will still be a badass street car with street tires.....
You would surprised how well my drag car transforms just by putting my 18’s all the way around. That along with adjusting my double adjustable shocks and having replaced nearly all the bushings with poly makes this independent rear GTO get around curvy two lane black top pretty well and ride nice too. Not like a new Vette, but better than any drag car lol.
The following users liked this post:
stilealive (08-10-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 01:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Hard to run 7.60s @ 185 on BFG all weather tires. However, in the event that he wanted to drive cross country, in comfort, with the AC blasting, while listening to tunes, he could those on, and probably still outrun most cars around here.
Old 08-10-2020, 04:23 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Just makes it a good time to buy, I've seen some C6Z sell for $21-23k. Even unemployed people can afford that on an extra $600 a week
The following users liked this post:
DavidBoren (08-11-2020)
Old 08-10-2020, 04:29 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Hard to run 7.60s @ 185 on BFG all weather tires. However, in the event that he wanted to drive cross country, in comfort, with the AC blasting, while listening to tunes, he could those on, and probably still outrun most cars around here.
I've seen 8's on 100 treadwear tires, I think thats decent enough for a street car on tires that wont get you pulled over.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

I don't see how slicks can be considered a street car when even my car running on skinnies with drag radials was ruled out after even demonstrating a street cruise. LOL...just pointing out the double standard here as rules change depending upon who's friend it is...LOL. I can put my 18's on and adjust my double adjustables to completely transform the car then turn up the radio so you can't hear the fuel pump or exhaust even...LOL...yet I'm not a street car with full interior no roll bar or any other race car stuff. I demonstrated a street cruise in full race trim to show worst case scenario it was still streetable. What a joke! My friend just won the ice cream cruise running 5.1x on a non prepped track after making 5 laps on a 2 1/2 mile road course and has driven it to and from the track as well. Baddest street car ever imo no slicks either dot drag radials on no prep and up to date license plate tags. Once he runs on a prepped track it's going to be crazy he's got a lot of power left on the table.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
Just makes it a good time to buy, I've seen some C6Z sell for $21-23k. Even unemployed people can afford that on an extra $600 a week
LOL...for sure I've worked more hours this year than ever because we can't get anyone to work. Just put in 12 again today.

Quick Reply: What's the Highest RWHP single turbo "Street Car" F-Body/Vette.....????