Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Turbo Tech Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Tech Kit

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what the differences between the turbo tech street setup and the race setup are? I tried doing a search but that didn't really help much. I already tried to get on to the turbo tech website but I can't get it to come up for some reason? Thanks in advance
Old 08-31-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rectifier
Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out what the differences between the turbo tech street setup and the race setup are? I tried doing a search but that didn't really help much. I already tried to get on to the turbo tech website but I can't get it to come up for some reason? Thanks in advance
Street setup uses a log header and the stock passenger header, don't know what the max anyone has made on it but it's probably in the high 500's low 600's for RWHP. Race kit has tubular manifolds smoothly merging into the inlet for the turbo. Mightymouse has made nearly 800 RWHP with his kit.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eviltwins
Street setup uses a log header and the stock passenger header, don't know what the max anyone has made on it but it's probably in the high 500's low 600's for RWHP. Race kit has tubular manifolds smoothly merging into the inlet for the turbo. Mightymouse has made nearly 800 RWHP with his kit.
It also deletes the air conditioning system and has a different intercooler setup. Not to mention the price difference.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not too worried about the A/c I think I've used it a total of maybe 6 times in 2 years. I'm just trying to figure out what kind of goal I want to set for my car. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

A member of this board has put down 792rwhp through an M6 on a dynojet with a very similar kit to the TTi with the T76. Doesn't seem to be limited to 5- or 600 rwhp. The TTi race kit is ridiculously expensive and it deletes the A/C. Even in Michigan, A/C is nice to have on those dog days...

SC-
Old 08-31-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS00Blue
A member of this board has put down 792rwhp through an M6 on a dynojet with a very similar kit to the TTi with the T76. Doesn't seem to be limited to 5- or 600 rwhp. The TTi race kit is ridiculously expensive and it deletes the A/C. Even in Michigan, A/C is nice to have on those dog days...

SC-
Hrm..OK I have done a ton of research and I cant find anything around that matches the full tubular stainless headers, brearing turbos and air to water intercooler for that price.

Dave
Old 09-01-2004, 05:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Fbody99
Hrm..OK I have done a ton of research and I cant find anything around that matches the full tubular stainless headers, brearing turbos and air to water intercooler for that price.

Dave
Who qualified the content? Not trying to pick any fights here, but expensive is expensive and that kit is EXPENSIVE! You can get a complete (used) incon, new TTi street kit, new QMP kit, or even a (used) CAS kit occasionally for a thousands less and drive it away. The TTi race kit leaves alot to be purchased before the car can drive.

Props to MM for buying into the development and putting up the money. The results speak for themselves. But I can't imagine that even Childress would deny that he's sunk a ton into that setup...

SC-
Old 09-01-2004, 08:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much is the race kit?
Old 09-01-2004, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cablebandit
how much is the race kit?
like 8 grand with a 80 trim turbo!

i got the t-76 street kit! love it excellect craftsmanship! by far some of the best welding ive seen!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/
that one works for me.
i think it would be easy to give the guys a call and let them explain which would be best for you. 1-253-475-8319.. you can also buy parts of the kit if you want to do the 'easier' stuff yourself.

i am very happy with my kit considering my results would not be possible with any other production system.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Kit